Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lets hope gc shows some mercy 5.4
    Anyway, im usualy top dps in lfr (around 110-120k dps if i get procs when i want)
    Before i had it i did around 100k aprox xD
    And on council it gets dumb, MOAR IMPS!

LFR isn't the best yardstick to measure by. Since most are low geared, don't have their legendary meta, don't have high ilvl, etc they are in the gearing range where its best to be destro. That said, if you don't react to the trinket's proc its a mediocre piece. Just so happens that experienced locks can extract a very high dps ceiling out of it. Hopefully that falls under "skilled players working harder" to at least blunt the impact of the nerfbat aimed at UVLS's for demo.

I could see things like doom updating dynamically, a cap on imps, or something similarly as harmful to the spec. I would rather see the spec go through unmolested and the trinket take the beating. Otherwise you are just balancing the class on the ideal use of the trinket not so much fixing the issue. Having doom auto spawn an imp could get iffy with haste scaling but its one option. Depends on the DPS tuning, next tier's trinkets, and what fight mechanics are going to look like....TLDR=too soon to tell.

he said they might not nerf it because he likes how much skill it takes to max the unerring vision

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I could see things like doom updating dynamically, a cap on imps, or something similarly as harmful to the spec. I would rather see the spec go through unmolested and the trinket take the beating. Otherwise you are just balancing the class on the ideal use of the trinket not so much fixing the issue. Having doom auto spawn an imp could get iffy with haste scaling but its one option. Depends on the DPS tuning, next tier's trinkets, and what fight mechanics are going to look like....TLDR=too soon to tell.
    in any case the need for UVLS needs to be removed from demo, some of the options is to make doom auto summon a wild imp each time it deals dmg and put a cap oon it, or make doom auto crit or remove doom's ability to summon wild imps entirely and increase imp generation through demonic calling and the imp swarm glyph(not likely this will happen), i really dont like specific items making or breaking specs but i also dont like nerfs to said items so that a spec is "simply" viable and not competative. there needs to be a middle ground, where the need for uvls is removed without loosing dps(or too much dps)
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-06-19 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Last ID my UVLS procced the first time after 4:30 min into the fight on Twins. The kill time was about 6:30. Results were pretty good actually, 10k below my normal resuts. So 4% without the trinket, maybe 5 to 6%, is a lot but it won't render you useless. UVLS should be nerfed though just because i do not like the impact on my playstyle.

Do not release after a wipe, get rezzed and your trinket will always proc in start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Why, the trinket isint that good, and its complete dogshit with the new tier bonus's
    I consider it even better with the new set bonuses :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure HOW they'd be able to nerf it without making it completely crap for people at low gear levels that still need every piece they can get, next tier. There's no changing the proc, only the proc amount. Lower that too much, and you've got a useless trinket. Unless they chose to target the high end UVLS only, which would be completely crap for people that have spent weeks getting it and are geared around it.

I see no solution apart from making sure next tier's trinkets are even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I see no solution apart from making sure next tier's trinkets are even better.
    This is what they did to ensure DS trinkets superceded FL ones. As it's the last tier, I can't see much wrong with that philosophy (assuming RNG doesn't cause my failure to obtain one).

Deleted
    It's gonna be hard to make the trinkets better. The trinket scales with gear so i think it's possible for demo to still be BiS in 5.4 if it stays in its current form.

Deleted
    well, it can easily be made better by increasing the static int(which is a natural thing since it would be a higher ilvl) and increase the rppm of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This is what they did to ensure DS trinkets superceded FL ones. As it's the last tier, I can't see much wrong with that philosophy (assuming RNG doesn't cause my failure to obtain one).
    yeah, that is really the only thing that is stopping me from getting one, whether its the lfr version or normal/tf version as it hasnt dropped yet, well my mage got it the first i did lei shen with him ofc, the class that have next to no need for it. bad 10m loot rng and bloated loottables is bad, makes gearing up rather annoying.

Deleted
    I recently changed my offspec to Demonology to get really good at it until 5.4 hits. It's the only spec i haven't played since MoP came out.

What I can say so far: I really hope they nerf that trinket, as it sucks to be dependent on that thing to procc at the right time. I wouldn't miss it. I did the whole MWC-thing during cataclysm and I really don't need that all over again in a even worse form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they won't nerf UVLS, but the Imp *production* of Doom could get a hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illumy View Post
    I think they won't nerf UVLS, but the Imp *production* of Doom could get a hit.
    Then that will harm the natural proc for doom without the trinket. Hurting everyone

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    he said they might not nerf it because he likes how much skill it takes to max the unerring vision
    I don't know too much about that statement. Do you have info or links? You want a safe sturdy ground in the whirlwind of confusion and uncertainty that we are all in at the moment.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    d'awww. poor warlock. blizzard _created_ our mage lvl90 talents underground from the beginning.
    How many forum posts of mage whining did it take for your class to get your bomb buffs again? We may both whine but mages get what they want. Locks just get another taste of sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's interesting because I rarely come across other Demo locks in LFR (not unheard of, but for some reason most are Destro). Today I saw two (one each in different sections) who both had normal UVSL (I have LFR), one who slightly outgeared me and one who well outgeared me. Neither of them apparently knew how or cared to maximize their UVLS use -- I don't imagine it was that they didn't want to bother, because they were doing everything else right from what I could tell. But they only had maybe like 20-30% crit rate on Doom, whereas mine was in the 80s/90s.
    Perhaps they have the same luck I do. For whatever reason my UVLS does not proc worth a damn in LFR.... ever!

Personally, I wish they would evolve demo play style around the imp per doom tick. I really like how it flows with more fury generation. My only fear is that would once again cause the spec to suck single target as they'd balance it for multi dot.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2013-06-19 at 02:07 PM.

The cynic in me predicts that they will simply make one extra line in the next 5.4 PTR patch notes:

"Doom no longer snapshots crit."

Such sadness for my favorite spec in the game...

What I would love to see, though, is removal of the wild imps from Doom crit ticks. Make all Doom ticks have a % chance to spawn a Wild Imp. This proc rate could be increased by Mastery.
    Last edited by keefbeef; 2013-06-19 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah allout haste demo lock with UVLS with meta is unbelievable numbers. The imp's damage is @ least 10-15% ahead of every other spell. It is stupid. I honestly thinking of keeping this in t16 because of the Demonology set bonuses...particularly the 2pc and 20% pet damage. it is a buff to the imps that it will make it very very attractive. I would have to see trinkets for t16 before i make that choice but i don't think it can get much better unless i see int procs and more haste.

Wild Imps are not considered "Pets" so they would not get that buff.

They are considered "Minions" or "Guardians" as far as what buffs are applicable to them.

What that +20% Pet damage set bonus does is give more incentive to use a demon pet over Grimoire of Sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    he said they might not nerf it because he likes how much procc luck it takes to max the unerring vision
    Fixed that for you. Where is the skill part? Writing a stopcasting macro without a typo? This shit is just all about rng.

and @t16 2pc, imps are guardians, not pets, therefore they wont do 20% more dmg while the procc is active, no reason to nerf it.
    edit: keefbeef was faster ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Then that will harm the natural proc for doom without the trinket. Hurting everyone
    No, it won't.

They can make imps spawn at a higher rate if they want to, all they have to do is make it so it's not tied to doom crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Fixed that for you. Where is the skill part? Writing a stopcasting macro without a typo? This shit is just all about rng.
    You're saying reacting to random elements quickly isn't a skill?

What trinket could Blizzard possibly make that is better than a 100% crit proc? A longer crit proc?