Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    When Sylvanas took control of Arthas' Val'lyr after he was defeated she found a way to increase the population of her Forsaken ( i suggest reading WolfHeart for more details or do forsaken starter quests), there is no doubt in my mind that Sylvanas has been secretly turning her "fellow" horde members into forsaken since the start of cataclysm aswell the alliance races (Besides worgen because of their immunity and also Deathknight Worgen should be deleted from game) her forsaken cut down during her expansion outwards from tirisfal glades.

I hope Blizzard don't forget about the Kor'Kron guards posted by Garrosh in Lorderon to keep an eye on Sylvanas, since Sylvanas is at the SoO those Kor'Kron should be dead and risen before she landed in Kalmindor

I also predict that after the SoO that the Horde vs Alliance war will reach it's final conclusion which will result in an Alliance/Horde alliance, then next expansion will be dealing with Azshara and Sylvanas will make her move

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    Yes, she has.

As shown in the Forsaken starting area post-Cataclysm, she can raise the corpses of the fallen as her Undead slaves.

And Lor'Themar knows it, so he warns Sylvanas not to raise his own Blood Elves as her minions, it'd be cruel and disrespectful to them.
    Side-eyeing you guys so hard now. It has been thus far established that she can only raise humans as forsaken (explained by the fact that they are descendants of the vrykul) and can resurrect Sylvanas as per their pact. the worgen curse immunizes humans -better said, it's just a different ailment- that's why they seek it.

Hence the question, you guys; What does Lor'Themar words mean? did she managed to hack the Valkyries to resurrect blood elves -a side effect from her own valkyr powered ressurrection- or is it just about more ordinary uses for body parts?
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-06-20 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    so, sylvanas was lorthemar's boss as a ranger. than she died to protect his country. than she helped his country in the ghostlands manga. than she tried to get them into the horde, but thrall said they couldn't as long as they didn't take care of their scourge problem in ghostlands, so she sent an army to help them, she got them in the horde, and that saved their hide.

now he's being an ass towards her. if I was sylvanas, I'd have slain him on the spot. she can hit a damn bird in the eye with an arrow while the bird is flying, why doesn't she shoot an arrow at him? lol
    him "being an ass" towards her is deserved, seeing as she pretty much forced him to send Blood Elves to Northrend in Wrath even though they just lost quite a bit of their already low population do to what happened on Quel'danas, I mean there were still Blood Elves in infirmaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Horde needs a Do/Do Not Resurrect Me As A Forsaken thing on our dog tags.
    Hahaha epic!

Everything is much more interesting now the story is gradually progressing on all fronts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
    He was meaning Blood Elves, which can be raised as Dark Rangers.
    Imagine that, Dark Rangers as the next class!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Went a bit off-point there, but she wouldn't dare attack a leader within the Horde. She's already enough of an outcast as is. One false step and she'd likely get kicked out on her ass, or worse. Dead. For like the 1, 2, 3...?...no fourth time. lol
    I only count three...

Dying the first time.
    Dying in Silverpine.
    Then this would be the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Imagine that, Dark Rangers as the next class!
    They already exist... Undead Hunters are, by lore, Dark Rangers.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-06-20 at 07:11 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    she can't even dodge a shotgun blast from disgruntled risen gilneans, what chance does she have against an extremely powerful blood elf? Sylvanas is a cowering little bitch, the fact that rotting tramp showed up at all is a surprise, but I guess she figures she can just defile a bunch of fallen allies to bolster the ranks of her disgusting "people" which should be eliminated from the surface of Azeroth with extreme prejudice.
    She shows up because she and Garrosh have been butting heads since he became Warchief. Sylvanas being Sylvanas, that's more than enough reason to go after him when the opportunity presents itself.

Also, Godfrey shot her in the back of the head with what roughly amounts to a .44 from point blank range. I'm more shocked that she had anything left above her jaw than I am that she died to begin with. edit: For reference, here's a watermelon getting shot from off-camera with a .44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYtfq8KdlnE
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-06-21 at 12:54 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hahaha epic!
    It would nip these problems in the bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I just had to listen to the soundfile.
    But really: He's not being an ass.
    He did nothing that would justify him being slain.
    he basically told her "if you touch that I kill you". that's being an ass.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Has Sylvanas become powerful enough to create Death Knights? It would seem that she is now the most powerful necromancer around lore wise. It seems like she is powering up through the expansions, she might soon be stronger than the Lich King.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    he basically told her "if you touch that I kill you". that's being an ass.
    He told her 'if you raise my people against their will, we're going to have problems.' Knowing how Sylvanas behaved in In the Shadow of the Sun and Edge of Night, he's 100% justified.

Sylvanas kills Lor'themar and Jaina. Raises them as her minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I only count three...

Dying the first time.
    Dying in Silverpine.
    Then this would be the third.
    In her short story, she jumps off the frozen throne and kills herself. She then discovers the afterlife waiting for her is an awful place to be. Valkyr resurrect her here. It's four.
    Look! Words!

They already exist... Undead Hunters are, by lore, Dark Rangers.
    Um no. Lore is what makes undead hunters hunters and dark rangers dark rangers.

They are different and have different spells and ability's and even have different origins

http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    He told her 'if you raise my people against their will, we're going to have problems.' Knowing how Sylvanas behaved in In the Shadow of the Sun and Edge of Night, he's 100% justified.
    is offering people a second chance at life so bad?

the forsaken give you a choice, you can stay undead, have a new chance, live indefinitely and never suffer from the basic necessities of the living in exchange for some rotting flesh and bad smell, or you can just go back to being dead, and stay that way.

maybe some people would, you know, like to be back on their feet. but no. don't revive my people, sylvanas. they are dead and I like them dead!

10+ Year Old Account
    is offering people a second chance at life so bad?

the forsaken give you a choice, you can stay undead, have a new chance, live indefinitely and never suffer from the basic necessities of the living in exchange for some rotting flesh and bad smell, or you can just go back to being dead, and stay that way.

maybe some people would, you know, like to be back on their feet. but no. don't revive my people, sylvanas. they are dead and I like them dead!
    You do realize the blood elves have metric fucktons of priests to do the whole revival thing, no corpse rot required, right?

You do realize the blood elves have metric fucktons of priests to do the whole revival thing, no corpse rot required, right?
    you realize how rare full resurrection actually is in the lore right? there's a reason people have medics and priests healing them instead of just letting them die and bring them back, it's because an actual resurrection is a REALLY big deal, and generally it's only saved for big lore characters or raid bosses (varian being rezzed by anduin, thunder king being rezzed by the zandalari). heck even really powerful characters don't often manage to pull off a full resurrection, if they could bolvar would've been alot more lively instead of an undead permanently seared to life by red dragonflight fire.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

reviving the dead may be a common game mechanic, but it's not even nearly as common from a lore PoV. it's a miracle, not the sort of thing you see everyday. if reviving the dead was easy, no one would ever worry about dying, or cry for their dead.

undeath on the other hand, seems to be pretty easy to achieve. even strong feelings can turn people into some types of undead (like ghosts). meryl winterstorm (or meryl felstorm, now that he was possessed by a dreadlord and became a warlock) became undead because he wanted to (he'd die otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    When Sylvanas took control of Arthas' Val'lyr after he was defeated she found a way to increase the population of her Forsaken ( i suggest reading WolfHeart for more details or do forsaken starter quests), there is no doubt in my mind that Sylvanas has been secretly turning her "fellow" horde members into forsaken since the start of cataclysm aswell the alliance races (Besides worgen because of their immunity and also Deathknight Worgen should be deleted from game) her forsaken cut down during her expansion outwards from tirisfal glades.
    DK worgen were created when the Lich King was around. The Val'kyr are far weaker than they were and I they're only able to raise Humans (However, the val'kyr were only able to reanimate human corpses as Forsaken; http://www.wowpedia.org/Val'kyr Part of the Forsaken) and that's likely (speculation) due to Humans being the next link in the chain to Vrykul. I supposed Half-Elves could potentially be risen, but the Dark Rangers were former banshees raised by the Lich King around the same time as Sylvanus and like Sylvanus they found their old bodies and control them (http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_ranger). They also gained their independence from the Lich King a the same time as Sylvanus.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Has Sylvanas become powerful enough to create Death Knights? It would seem that she is now the most powerful necromancer around lore wise. It seems like she is powering up through the expansions, she might soon be stronger than the Lich King.
    Except she's not doing the actual necromancy. The val'kyr are doing the raising.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.