Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do people really care about lores?

Personally I have read all of the Harry Potter books, watch anime, love watching movies and tv shows. I've also read a few other books as well

But I don't care about WoW lore, it isn't even made by professional writers.

You can't compare these lores to the Lord of the Rings saga or Harry Potter, they don't feel as epic

I'm sure Blizzard has enough money to hire professional writers like Stephen King, JK Rowling or Masashi Kishimoto, until then I'm not reading any lores.

The only lore worth knowing is from WC3. Pandas were the last straw. Even then it's stupid, a game is already not real, you're reading a thing that is not real about another thing that is also not real.

Funny, I know many people (myself included) who consider Harry Potter shitty.

As in, very shit ridiculous garbage.

I much prefer WoW to Harry Potter.

"The only lore worth knowing is from WC3."

Stopped reading. Can't tell if you're trolling or what, I'll leave before I get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post

The only lore worth knowing is from WC3. Pandas were the last straw. Even then it's stupid, a game is already not real, you're reading a thing that is not real about another thing that is also not real.
    What?? You're telling me Harry Potter is real??? Gandalf and Bilbo are real?? OH MY GOD /world collapses

/end sarcasm.

Stories are the imagination of people. You don't have to be the best writer in the world to have a good imagination and put it on paper and create a world out of your ideas.

WoW's lore is fantastic, and I enjoy it very much, the books (written by actual writers) are also fantastic reads. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others don't.

summarized it for everyone.
    - I don't care about wow lore! But that won't stop me from complaining about it!
    - Pandas are dumb!
    - Only wc3 is allowed to tell stories! all others must die!
    - Blizzard needs to waste their budget on celebrity writers if they want a good story! as we all know only professionals can write a good story!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow lore > harry potter
    Don't like it? Don't read it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, some people do. Was there anything else?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Personally I have read all of the Harry Potter books, watch anime, love watching movies and tv shows. I've also read a few other books as well

You can't compare these lores to the Lord of the Rings saga or Harry Potter, they don't feel as epic

I'm sure Blizzard has enough money to hire professional writers like Stephen King, JK Rowling or Masashi Kishimoto, until then I'm not reading any lores.

First of all it's "lore", not "lores" - secondly, the Pandaren were IN warcraft 3, so right there you utterly contradict yourself. Thirdly, this is nothing but a poor attempt to troll and. Oh and "you're reading a thing that is not real", so.... How is that different from reading LoTR, I'm pretty darn sure that it's a regular forest next to my building, not an ent moot.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yes I do. Very much so actually. No story or lore has had me interested like WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think you'd ever hear about it if they didn't care?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't read WoW books. After i log out, i don't want to get inside of it again by reading stuff about it.
    I have a strange approach regarding in-game lore. I barely care about it, until there are flaws. I can't stand flaws.

On a side note: pandarens are silly for most, including me. But the "they are the last straw" argument has been dealt with to death, and makes it look like you made this thread just to bring it there.

What I don't get is why people feel the need to share the fact that they don't like something with random people. Especially with people who do like that particular thing. I mean, you basically go out of your way to inform us of that.

Yeah, sure, you don't like WoW's lore. That's fine. You're free to not like it. But why is that important enough to share with everybody?

Also, the people who write WoW's lore get paid to do so. That very much makes them professionals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love lores. All of them. All the lores.

People who write professionally for video games are professional writers. They may not be novelists, but they are writers who write professionally. No one's asking you to worship them or call them write-gods, but extend them the courtesy of recognizing that, at least.

You might as well say people who model and texture professionally aren't really professional artists because they don't paint canvas portraits.

WoW Lore is actually much better than Harry potter ( lol ). Doubt you've even tried to read it.
    Playing since 2007.

Warcraft's universe feels like a world because the game is open world. I think that's the reason I'm so invested in the lore. From big events to smaller things, there's a lot of stuff happening out there.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love lore in the game and wouldn't like the game presented without it. I don't really care that others think the writing is bad, or even if I think it is bad, I'm not expecting Blizzard to create a language or have me trying to turn pages left and right. All I expect is that they build rich histories, develop characters over time, and use all of the tools available in WoW to do it.

They do all of those things, so awesome by me. While games can be fun without lore, as gameplay is all that determines whether it is enjoyable to play the game, it doesn't impact me or give me the feels if I resort to gameplay as the only level of enjoyment.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    First of all it's "lore", not "lores" - secondly, the Pandaren were IN warcraft 3, so right there you utterly contradict yourself. Thirdly, this is nothing but a poor attempt to troll and. Oh and "you're reading a thing that is not real", so.... How is that different from reading LoTR, I'm pretty darn sure that it's a regular forest next to my building, not an ent moot.
    because LoTR is not from a game. Games are just pixels, they are not real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't take it too seriously. His post history is nothing but bashing the game in its current state, blaming blizzard for the holocaust and forcefeeding Wotlk nostalgia. I can't see what the intention of this thread was if not to be inflammatory.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think wow does a good a job as warcraft at making me actually like the characters.. if it wasn't for warcraft 3 i know i wouldn't be interested in the story of wow..

even then they keep killing off every character i actually like/ care about...varmiathras, kaelthas, anubarak, arthas were my favorites from warcraft3 ..the one character i did like that they introduced (garrosh) is an upcoming raid boss...that just leaves sylvanas as the only character that doesn't want to make me vomit 95% of wow characters can do no harm and the rest are just potential raid boss fodder -.-

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    What?? You're telling me Harry Potter is real??? Gandalf and Bilbo are real?? OH MY GOD /world collapses
    yes, they are all humans

plus:
    Harry Potter = Daniel Radcliffe
    Gandalf = Ian McKellen
    Bilbo = Ian Holm

because LoTR is not from a game. Games are just pixels, they are not real.
    Lotr is from a book. Books are not real, they are just ink.
    Both stories are fiction so does it really matter?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing