Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Personally, no I wouldn't want to give up our mobility, it's kind-of our only niche that we have these days.

Honestly it feels like we actually need a straight damage buff or at least better scaling (since the disparity between hunters & other ranged isn't so apparent until later gear levels).

Deleted
    Mobility is our niche, we are NOT casters!!
    that is why i choose to play hunter. I m up for some bonus mechanism, if we stay still for some time, but against loosing damage on a move in general.
    That is for casters - they have to concentrate to cast spells, we just have to pull string and release. We are like ranged melle class, not some caster with huge brain.

I would reroll melle if we loose mobility.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hunter mobility is the only reason I am playing that class, else I would have stayed with my melee classes or would have rolled a stationary glass canon like mage/warlock. Also the mobility is only a real factor in PvP and not that important in PvE. Otherwise the casters would not be that much ahead.

But the idea itself isn't that bad. What about something like if you stand still for "X" seconds you will get a "Y" amount of PvP power. It would cut the mobility in PvP a bit which is a big deal in my eyes but would not affect PvE at all. Sadly this would not fix our PvE concerns at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would gladly trade our mobility for more dps. The niche they tried to give us in Mop forces all the extra jobs on us. Do we need a kiter for galeron, someone to kick turtles, or someone to do nest duty, who's going to draw the glyphs in the twins fight? Well the hunter does the best dps on the run so lets give that job to him. At least that's been the answer in my raid group and i'm tired of it.

See this is the thing, mobility is fine...but seriously who cares , its not like we explode damage on the run, our shots are instant , except for the wet noodle aka CS...

Yes it should be pretty obvious that if im standing still and firing a bow im going to be a lot more accurate (read dealing more damage) than if Im running, jumping and trying to dodge a moving maze whilst firing the same bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Discokurt View Post
    maybe making the Steady Shot/Aimed Shot Glyph so that you can use them while moving at the cost of something like casttime or damage, like the Lightning Bolt glyph works.

Making it a glyph would also make gameplay alittle more interesting as you could basically reactively switch inbetween bossfights that require less/more mobility.
    They removed that and made it baseline for Shammies because 95%+ of Ele Shamans took the glyph. So I doubt you'd see that again.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You say 'rewarded for standing still' but that just translates into 'punished for moving' because you don't move unless you need to.

I didn't like sniper training. I don't think that mobility is a good enough excuse to nerf our dps though, given that said dps is all we bring to a raid. We have no utility.
    I don't think sniper training as it was should be brought back. More like a passive that increases cs/ss damage if you cast it without moving.

I would GLADLY trade some of my mobility for higher "Stand-n-Nuke" DPS. As a pure DPS class, there's no reason we should fall in the "Hybrid Classes" range of the meters...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imasquishy View Post
    I would GLADLY trade some of my mobility for higher "Stand-n-Nuke" DPS. As a pure DPS class, there's no reason we should fall in the "Hybrid Classes" range of the meters...
    As of today, I would very gladly fall in what you call "Hybrid Classes range of the meters"

True. We do seem to be pulling up our seats at the end of the list.

To use to our mobility for wanting a change now.

Can't really do anything involving increases to Steady/Cobra damage to encourage standing still. If it's small enough to not disrupt the shot priority, it won't even be statistically indistinguishable from noise. If it's large enough to actually make a difference, it'll need to be damn close to doubled in damage while standing still (and then could end up being more valuable than our focus-consuming shots).

It'd need to be something else. But considering we've had essentially full mobility for over two years now (since fairly early Cataclysm), I don't really think there's a reason to take it away. It's not as if hunters are topping the charts and being brought over other classes or anything...

I honestly don't know why this is a question. In theory, all classes (in an ideal world) should have the same dps. NO ONE should have to "sacrifice" mobility to get more dps than they already have. This isn't vanilla anymore where hybrids had a "tax" that pure classes didn't. This isn't Animal Farm, where some classes are more equal than others.

The mobility that we have as a class is to me a defining trait of hunters. But, at the same time, it does not seem to help us dps wise against other classes in the PvE setting. Other classes have varying degrees of dps that they can do on the run and their standstill/nuke dps is high enough that the lack of mobility isn't really missed. Patchwerk fights are pretty much non-existant now since there are often multiple mechanics one each fight.

TLDR....no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Removing our insane mobility to get the same dps as mages and locks? Yes please.
    Even now when we have our mobility we get our asses kicked by classes that doesn't (mages, locks etc).
    The funny thing is that both mages and locks can do more dps even in fights when they have to move. They aren't stationary turrets anymore. Blizzard just seems to be incapable of designing hunters, they always have had some sort of broken mechanic that either makes them OP or terrible.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I honestly don't know why this is a question. In theory, all classes (in an ideal world) should have the same dps. NO ONE should have to "sacrifice" mobility to get more dps than they already have. This isn't vanilla anymore where hybrids had a "tax" that pure classes didn't. This isn't Animal Farm, where some classes are more equal than others.
    It's a matter of balancing overall dps in real encounters. Most encounters have movement. If Hunters have the same stand-and-nuke dps as other ranged, but then don't suffer from movement, in real encounters they would always be on top. This, at least, is the theory. Blizz has said there should be a dps penalty from movement for casters (non-Hunter ranged).

I wanted to ask actual Hunters about all this instead of just looking at sims, and even looking at real parses (World of Logs, Raidbots) doesn't tell the whole story. By Blizz's theory, Hunters have to sim lower than classes who suffer from movement, because in real encounters the ones who sim highest would not be able to hit their theoretical Patchwerk dps while Hunters should be really close to it. But also this means that for those periods where there is no movement (just as no encounter is 100% Patchwerk anymore, there is also none that is 100% movement), those higher-simming-on-Patchwerk specs do have an advantage.

There is probably some magical number that Blizz works with that tells them exactly how much expected movement time there is in your average encounter, to where it hinders the other casters enough that they and Hunters should be approximately even. What I want to know is if real Hunters accept their 100% mobility at the cost of stand-and-nuke potential in the hope that in real encounters it evens out (whether because they don't want to give up their mobility despite the cost or because they don't feel it's costing them), or if they want all ranged on the same playing field so that movement isn't even part of the balancing equation -- because in real encounters, it simply is.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I dont need 100% mobility on any fight so ye I would gladly trade it for more dps
    Although it was quite nice on lei shen, but thats about it, and even then you could easily do without the mobility of CS since you hit killshot range quite fast

Come on this is not supposed to even be an argument, i fail to see a fight this tier where per example melee dont have 100% uptime on bosses. This entire "tax" is pure nonsence.