Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with Character Development. Still surprised Gnome Guy turns up in Siege, or even why. Velen and Greymane are nowhere so far, and Velen was scrapped for 5.2. Also, what happened to the Trials of the High King? As that supposed to be these Scenarios? 5.1 was the closest they've been to giving me faction pride, but having Darnassus raided and Tyrande being daft didn't help it much. Just hoping 5.4 has our Characters developed. Was never going to take Orgrimmar, as much as I wish Varian or someone would kill Thrall, its something that Blizzard won't let happen.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I want Exodar restored as a battle station, i want Gilneas repopulated as a front to fight the forsaken, i want Stromgarde to be more than shambles, i want nelves to do something other than complain about Ashenvale/felwood/azshara/stonetalon* being harvested and corrupted.

*Something is arguable being done about Stonetalon, but the entire storyline involves stopping that bomb from being dropped somewhere and we horribly failed that objective, it just seemed to trail off after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Let's say Queen Calia shows up. She's undead, for this example. Does she still have rite to the throne of Lordaeron?

I don't think the northern human's even abandoned the kingdom, as majority of the Forsaken ARE the northern humans.

So, would Queenie get the Throne, or would Sylvanas keep it?

On-Topic. I HIGHLY doubt that the Forsaken would so lightly give up Lordaeron. As it is THEIR homeland, technically. I don't see an Alliance military station surviving up there for long, especially after what happened to the Alterac reinforcements, and Southshore. And with Garrosh de-throned, I think the Forsaken would pull a plague bomb on anything living out there, seeing as there would be no Garrosh-law to be enforced. UNLESS, the law was Adopted as part of the Horde rules.
    yeh the anti-plague is adopted by the horde already, it was in order before garrosh even came into power. the thing is, thrall let it slide, cause..well sylvanas was just doing to it non-alliance members basicly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboRanger View Post
    i want Stromgarde to be more than shambles,
    agreed, though not in the context of the frankly boring Alliance-Horde war. I've always wanted to see the old human nation of Alterac reconstitute itself. The human population is still there, and the Forsaken have yet to leverage any real control over those mountains. Given Alterac's deep seated rivalry with Stromgarde (there's a reason the Syndicate is wreaking havoc all across the Arathi Highlands), having both Alterac as an independent power and Stromgarde as a restrengthened but still weakened Alliance power could add a new dynamic to the story.

Also, it'd be a great front to give rogues more prominence in lore. Because really, Garona aside, are there any prominent rogues in WoW lore?

I want everything the Horde has done to not be hung around Garrosh's head like Blizzard said they werent going to do, except thats exactly whats happening.

As someone with Alliance toons I'm constantly embarrassed by Alliance players who want to commit genocide on the Horde. Maybe you guys should go see if you can join Garrosh's faction. That ain't what the Alliance is about.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I see a lot of Horde reacting to Alliance discontent at how we seem to have very little to do with the SoO except as tagging along with the Horde in their quest to overthrow their dictator.
    Really? Just yesterday I was in two threads about how the Alliance is destroying the Horde in SoO and Varian is kind enough to allow them to choose a new Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Lets blow up a place nobody visits anyway! Bomb Silvermoon!
    Bomb the west half, nobody would notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Turalyon and Alleria to not be neutral.
    2.Danath Trollbane to come back and whoop who ever ass is in Stromgarde at this point.
    3.Build a wall to block off the remains of the park in Stormwind....(oh and don't get me wrong they need to Finish Orgrimmar as well.)I play both H and A and it annoys me that the capitals are both destroyed or unfinished.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-07-12 at 01:11 AM.

I want my king to stop being a wimp and put an end to this band of misfits known as the Horde. He should have slaughtered every male horde and taken the females and children to be slaves like in the old days. But no, he had to be nice and let them elect a new warchief. It is now my hope that the Horde rallies together around their new warchief and storms Stormwind and slays Varian in his throne room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll let Aretha answer this one. Hope you're listening Metzen!

Just a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing short of the complete destruction of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone stopped to think.. it's based on who has won more BG's?

Anyone?

(Yes this is a joke, for those who don't get jokes)
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    As someone with Alliance toons I'm constantly embarrassed by Alliance players who want to commit genocide on the Horde. Maybe you guys should go see if you can join Garrosh's faction. That ain't what the Alliance is about..
    the alliance is first and foremost a coalition of races that banded together to defend from and fight their mutual enemies
    in this case the horde and by that I mean the entirety of the horde was the enemy
    when you have a faction that to this date has shown nothing but continued attempts at genocide at said alliance it's really hard to argue that letting them off without consequences is a good idea

no, genocide doesn't work, not for gameplay reasons and not for honor reasons
    but the current situation is just an example of complete and utter stupidity and a complete disregard for past, current and future alliance lives, since there are no consequences for all of the horde leadership for their actions

try to imagine being joe farmer around stormwind who has lost his brother to a troll attack and his cousin died to the forsaken, news reaches that Varian has succeed in defeating the horde and..
    has allowed them to continue existing, didn't punish any of the leaders beyond one, despite said leaders being just as guilty and didn't gain back anything
    what wold be your reaction to that? perplexed and confused at the least

You know, i don't think this issue at this point is Alliance must destroy something. Alliance just need a better story than what its currently being given. Something ideally with a big, lasting impact. During Cata, a lot of the smaller quest story lines were much higher quality for Horde and on top of that, had that lasting impact on the world.

Sadly with the SoO storyline, its gone from Alliance laying siege to the main Horde capital, which should be a pretty major deal. To a Horde rebellion and those Alliance guys are allowed to help. Then again, if the 5.3 stuff had been of similar quality to the story/lore stuff of 5.1, it probably wouldn't be so bad.

Then again this is Blizzard, should anyone be surprised that they don't take any risks and don't rock the boat too much when it comes to story? The only reason they are axing Garrosh is because hes never been a likable character.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2013-07-12 at 03:37 AM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    try to imagine being joe farmer around stormwind who has lost his brother to a troll attack and his cousin died to the forsaken, news reaches that Varian has succeed in defeating the horde and..
    has allowed them to continue existing, didn't punish any of the leaders beyond one, despite said leaders being just as guilty and didn't gain back anything
    what wold be your reaction to that? perplexed and confused at the least
    But that's exactly the kind of depth that Alliance storylines have lacked in this game since Wrath. It's time to can Metzen and get somebody in there who can do more than just make heroes out of orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you would like a list of reasonable demands, please see my thread (locked for over-discussion of this hot topic)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mands%E2%80%8F

And yet if this whole corrupted leader + ransack the city situation was reversed on the Alliance, they'd still be crying about Horde favour...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    And yet if this whole corrupted leader + ransack the city situation was reversed on the Alliance, they'd still be crying about Horde favour...
    Well, we've already had plenty of territory ransacked/bombed/polluted etc, but we would LOVE some actual involvement in the story.

Just seems to me that a lot of horde players are very ignorant towards how the alliance gets "written into the story". Some horde who also have played alliance even agree to this in this very thread.

I really cannot see how horde players can see the alliance "sacking" their city as a victory. I truly don't. Why? Because nothing changes. It is basically THE SAME as doing it while we raid the actual city in PVP. You know.. like the good ol'days where we went to kill Thrall etc.

Well you could say the PvP event was actually better. Why? Because if the NPC's were killed - quests wouldn't be available or turned in. So thats atleast something. Now the alliance doesn't get anything noticeble other then killing Garrosh, whom everyone even the horde hates really. So... where is our victory truly?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Just seems to me that a lot of horde players are very ignorant towards how the alliance gets "written into the story". Some horde who also have played alliance even agree to this in this very thread.

I really cannot see how horde players can see the alliance "sacking" their city as a victory. I truly don't. Why? Because nothing changes. It is basically THE SAME as doing it while we raid the actual city in PVP. You know.. like the good ol'days where we went to kill Thrall etc.

Well you could say the PvP event was actually better. Why? Because if the NPC's were killed - quests wouldn't be available or turned in. So thats atleast something. Now the alliance doesn't get anything noticeble other then killing Garrosh, whom everyone even the horde hates really. So... where is our victory truly?
    Gameplay reasons bro =[

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Gameplay reasons bro =[
    The one thing that I would like is a "on fire" Orgrimar for a few weeks or so. Like how Deathwing trashed Stormwind... leaving his paw marks. (thank god they are gone). If I were a horde player, I would be upset by this and actually try to make a raid to raid Stormwind. Sure SW won't go on fire because that is not a part of the story, but I mean more like: entice people to start pvping on a global scale again. I would be pissed off as a horde if my city was burning ingame.

Then again I think that if a raid kills a faction leader (in pvp) the city should burn for whatever amount of time. Just to KNOW that you did something.

But yeah coming back to this SoO - I don't even want to raid Orgrimmar. While, I see that Garrosh should die - I do not want an all out raid killing perhaps all those innocent people in the process who were not a part of Garrosh's plans.

I rather have him in a new superfortress or something. But I guess I am alone in this. I don't hold the horde responsible for the bombing on theramore. (I do hold the forsaken responsible for taking Alliance territory tho) I hold Garrosh responsible.