Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ghostcrawler's Recent Comments On Raiding/PvE

Player: LFR does not count as increasing raid participation, this flawed assumption is hurting the game (+participation=durable subs)
    GC: Why is it hurting the game? It gives many players something fun to do that they didn't have access to before.
    It's hurting the game because far less people even have an invested interest to do anything other than LFR on their mains Tuesday. Getting a normal group together anymore is kind of a pain in the ass.

Player: His main point about LFR is "2 days played time at 90 and i've killed Lei Shen already. what's left in the game?"
    GC: How about content that actually challenges you? If that's not your thing, then stick to LFR. Everyone's happy?
    This is the mentality of one of the main honchos behind the game... just remember that...

Player: It's the fact that so many players are now simply content to do LFR, and it's harder to find normal raiders.
    GC: Most of the players doing LFR just didn't raid at all before. They were never really eligible for recruitment.
    I'm not sure if GC is trolling at this point or not. Didn't raid at all before? Are you kidding me? Do you guys not actively look at the statistics or armory of players for your own game? Back in Cata (even when Dragon Soul had LFR), it was easy to find pugs and a lot of people had interest in normal raiding.

I'm currently running a guild almost member capped (all of them are active high level players) and finding even 15 people who care enough to do normal raids is a bit of a challenge right now.

Player: No one talks now
    I will testify to this... even in a massive guild with every single member being active, communication or talking is rare. Guild challenges while all of them would get done on Tuesday in Cataclysm.. not a single one gets done anymore in MoP. it's been 0/7 or 15 on all of them for sometime now.

Player: How about we skip 3-4 months over widespread debate and just make the H Scenario's "random-able"?
    GC: Because then everyone will demand we nerf the difficulty or let them kick the players that offend them.
    So what? People have been screaming "NERF" since the game was released on everything they don't like.

Heroic Scenarios aren't difficult.. all the mobs can be interrupted and stunned, it seriously baffles me as to how people are having issues in a heroic scenario.. even with 3 random DPS. I only queue up DPS for fast runs and I have yet to wipe. No, I'm not an elitist who only takes the best, I take whoever whispers me first regardless of their iLvL.

GC: Re: Cataclysm heroic dungeons. As a player, I liked them. I like strategy > gogogo.
    But, Cat dungeon difficulty did not play well with random matchmaking, and those players felt like we offered them no alternatives.
    One strategy is to hope players stick with the tough dungeons but bail on the random matchmaking and find friends and guilds to run them.
    But that's not what happened. A lot of players just gave up on heroic dungeons and then had no other PvE endgame.
    Wrong again... players didn't give up, you nerfed them and made them unplayably boring. Myself, my friends and a lot of the people that I knew on my realm were having fun with Cata heroics, until of course you nerfed them to the point that owners of Hello Kitty Island could navigate them with ease and no CC.

Fast food since cata, MoP did a great change, but still lacks enough non-raiding content outside of leveling.
    We haven't yet found anything else that provides the longevity of raiding. Possibly completing PvP Conquest gear. (Source)

Player: why is it that we see this attitude of "more difficulties = more content" when it really doesn't? it seems to cause less
    GC: I could see that argument in the ToC era, but ToT is a big raid (and so is the next one).
    The point is, having this many difficulties of raiding is absolutely stupid. Why is it so wrong that the elite raiders are the ones who get to see the end game content? The main argument I see here is they get to "experience" the content. No one who isn't able to join a hardcore guild gives a damn about the "experience", they're just hoping gear drops.

Nope, can't do it. I can't even read the rest of his replies.. wow.. just wow.

I disagree.

Really there's little that LFR and LFG have done that has truly hurt the game. The vast majority of it has simply been the community.

Oh joy, a KBWarriors thread where he reads too much into what GC says, and since GC's opinion of the game doesn't match his, he's obviously wrong.

We should make KBWarriors the lead developer of WoW guys.

Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Wow, such a tard (GC that is). No wonder WoW has gone downhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing LFR wouldn't "drive" people to do normal modes.

The majority of people that do LFR can't do normal modes because they can't get into a raiding guild. Removing LFR wouldn't suddenly "allow them to find time" to do them; they'd simply have nothing to do.

I'd argue a very, VERY small, almost negligible, number of people, run LFR because "it's 'good enough'" even though they're perfectly able to join a raiding guild and run normal modes. And if people want to do that, that's fine; but those that fall under that category and then complain that "normals aren't rewarding enough and LFR should be removed" are the people that need to just get over themselves. And, as small a number of people as that is, they seem to be very vocal.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

This is the mentality of one of the main honchos behind the game... just remember that...
    The mentality that people who want to see content can, and those who want a challenge can? How fucking awful, how on earth did he get a job in the games industry with such terrible ideas.

¬.¬

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Removing LFR wouldn't "drive" people to do normal modes.

The majority of people that do LFR can't do normal modes because they can't get into a raiding guild. Removing LFR wouldn't suddenly "allow them to find time" to do them; they'd simply have nothing to do.

I'd argue a very, VERY small, almost negligible, number of people, run LFR because "it's 'good enough'" even though they're perfectly able to join a raiding guild and run normal modes. And if people want to do that, that's fine; but those that fall under that category and then complain are the people that need to just get over themselves.
    This is also a thread from the same guy who thinks Flex Raiding will somehow kill raiding further when all it can do is offer an entirely new way for people to raid who can't currently.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    It's hurting the game because far less people even have an invested interest to do anything other than LFR on their mains Tuesday. Getting a normal group together anymore is kind of a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure if GC is trolling at this point or not. Didn't raid at all before? Are you kidding me? Do you guys not actively look at the statistics or armory of players for your own game? Back in Cata (even when Dragon Soul had LFR), it was easy to find pugs and a lot of people had interest in normal raiding.

I'm currently running a guild almost member capped (all of them are active high level players) and finding even 15 people who care enough to do normal raids is a bit of a challenge right now.

I will testify to this... even in a massive guild with every single member being active, communication or talking is rare. Guild challenges while all of them would get done on Tuesday in Cataclysm.. not a single one gets done anymore in MoP. it's been 0/7 or 15 on all of them for sometime now.

So what? People have been screaming "NERF" since the game was released on everything they don't like.

Heroic Scenarios aren't difficult.. all the mobs can be interrupted and stunned, it seriously baffles me as to how people are having issues in a heroic scenario.. even with 3 random DPS. I only queue up DPS for fast runs and I have yet to wipe. No, I'm not an elitist who only takes the best, I take whoever whispers me first regardless of their iLvL.

Wrong again... players didn't give up, you nerfed them and made them unplayably boring. Myself, my friends and a lot of the people that I knew on my realm were having fun with Cata heroics, until of course you nerfed them to the point that owners of Hello Kitty Island could navigate them with ease and no CC.

Fast food since cata, MoP did a great change, but still lacks enough non-raiding content outside of leveling.
    We haven't yet found anything else that provides the longevity of raiding. Possibly completing PvP Conquest gear. (Source)

The point is, having this many difficulties of raiding is absolutely stupid. Why is it so wrong that the elite raiders are the ones who get to see the end game content? The main argument I see here is they get to "experience" the content. No one who isn't able to join a hardcore guild gives a damn about the "experience", they're just hoping gear drops.

Nope, can't do it. I can't even read the rest of his replies.. wow.. just wow.

Player: It's the fact that so many players are now simply content to do LFR, and it's harder to find normal raiders.
    GC: Most of the players doing LFR just didn't raid at all before. They were never really eligible for recruitment.

DS was a joke normal and Heroic until you got to Spine so of course people wanted to do normal raiding but now that they need one synapse firing in their brain they go back to LFR.

They are trying to cater to the bad whining that has been most of this tier attempting to prove that normal mode is somehow hardcore raiding. People went from 25man where you can carry more bads to 10man where you cant so they believe that content is too hard.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Wow, such a tard (GC that is). No wonder WoW has gone downhill.
    Wow has gone downhill since they have attempted to make the game easier and easier for the lazy crowd who believe that any normal content is too hard if they cant raid with their horribly friends.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post

DS was a joke normal and Heroic until you got to Spine so of course people wanted to do normal raiding but now that they need one synapse firing in their brain they go back to LFR.

They are trying to cater to the bad whining that has been most of this tier attempting to prove that normal mode is somehow hardcore raiding. People went from 25man where you can carry more bads to 10man where you cant so they believe that content is too hard.
    Actually Normal is kind of difficult coming from a Heroic Raider.

Noticing on alts and pugs, it's too hard for most people who normally just run LFR or something like it.

That's what Flex Raiding is for. It's reviving PUGS while decreasing the difficulty of raiding for those who aren't skilled enough or lucky enough to partake in normals.

Whether you want to look at the facts or not, go to WoWprogress and check out just how many guilds have actually completed Normal ToT.

It's not an issue with content.

It's an issue with the difficulty jump from LFR (which a LARGE amount of the playerbase uses) to Normal (which a SMALL amount of the playerbase uses).

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I disagree.

Really there's little that LFR and LFG have done that has truly hurt the game. The vast majority of it has simply been the community.
    The community became shit only after these things though, before you actually had a "reputation" on your server, if you were a dick you would never get anything done, now any dickhead can go on and do anything they want with no repercussions, that's why the community is crap, + the "good" players left the game now.

And yes GC is acting worse than Tseric did back then.

They should just make LFR, LFG and Flex not drop any gear at all so people can "see content" as they so wish and see if any one at all wants to do it, my bet is a lot of people would not do it if there was no gear, LFR people really don't need the gear at all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    This is also a thread from the same guy who thinks Flex Raiding will somehow kill raiding further when all it can do is offer an entirely new way for people to raid who can't currently.
    What it might do is just take away from Normal raiding.

I don't think there is any harm in having the LFR / LFG, but I don't agree with its implementation and the ease of the content.

Also, the point about Cataclysm Heroics, I don't think I've ever had as much fun and joy in playing WoW, then when I was playing at the start of Cataclysm. The real sense of danger in the Dungeons & Raids made it so epic, that personally, that tier beats Ulduar by a mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is another ''remove LFR QQ'' thread that will reach 30+ pages.

New and intresting.

(And by the same guy for that matter)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    And this is another ''remove LFR QQ'' thread that will reach 30+ pages.

New and intresting.

(And by the same guy for that matter)
    It's fine with me; I never tire of letting these people know how wrong they are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    The community became shit only after these things though, before you actually had a "reputation" on your server, if you were a dick you would never get anything done, now any dickhead can go on and do anything they want with no repercussions, that's why the community is crap, + the "good" players left the game now.

And yes GC is acting worse than Tseric did back then.

They should just make LFR, LFG and Flex not drop any gear at all so people can "see content" as they so wish and see if any one at all wants to do it, my bet is a lot of people would not do it if there was no gear, LFR people really don't need the gear at all anyway.
    So if none of those dropped gear, how would people do the next tier of content which increases in difficulty and needs stronger heals, damage, and more health?

Why should Flex Raiding not be rewarded?

Why should any player not be rewarded?

Do you actually look at LFR gear and consider that "gear"?

I don't.

I look at it and just think it's the equivalent of a blue or something of the sort.

I don't consider it real gear and neither should you because it doesn't impact you.

You guys who constantly preach problems with the difficulties below Normal/Heroic have never even explained why it matters how others obtain gear.

They're not at your skill level.

They're not as geared as you.

What they do in no way impacts you.

You have a choice to interact with them/do LFR in which neither you have to do.

They see the content, and without "wasting" their time, along with having an incentive to keep playing and going back, give gear so they can gear up that toon and move up to the next tier.

LFR, LFG, and Flex giving gear also acts as a stepping stone for any player who wants to eventually move up to Normal/Heroic raiding.

Once more this is coming from a Heroic Raider and I've been a high tier raider for ages. Wish others could share my perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guild I played in was small... we usually didn't have enough people to raid. We didn't raid at all in firelands because we couldn't get 10 people online. When dragon soul came out we had some players come back to the game. We started normal raiding. We also had enough at the initial launch of pandaria to do occasional normal mode raids, but as time went on people got burnt out and left or took breaks. We started doing LFR since we weren't doing normal raids anymore.

Now I don't know if this is the case with the majority, but for the small guild I am in... it is either LFR or no raiding at all. We've tried several times to get pugs together, but when there are only like 50 level 90s online you don't get too many hits. I am thankful for LFR because it did give me some kind of PvE progression to do.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    What it might do is just take away from Normal raiding.
    And how's that?

My guild will still be doing Normal Modes.

Every guild who wants to do Heroics will still be doing Normal Modes.

I don't see how that'd happen in the slightest.

That's like everyone saying 10 man raiding would die in 5.2 because of Thunderforged Gear.

Pretty sure 10 man guilds still outnumber 25 man guilds by an exceedingly large margin.

I think GC has access to the actual number of people who raided before and who raid now. I'll take his word over your whiny little tantrum any day, OP. I can say I would not have raided at all if it wasn't for LFR, so yeah...

IMO GC tells the truth. There is nothing wrong with LFR and LFD for the game. Its people like you that gets offended that blizz comes up with ways to get more people to see what the game is about and making it easier to experience it without actually needing to get a raiding guild and find the time to raid.
    The communitys hate for LFR/LFD/Casuals is what makes these forums so damn boring to read. EVery each thread is about you people feeling that EPIC isnt EPIC anymore - newsflash, it hasn't for years.
    Im sorry for getting frustrated, but the guy is doing his job. Just enjoy the GAME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh joy, a KBWarriors thread where he reads too much into what GC says, and since GC's opinion of the game doesn't match his, he's obviously wrong.
    This pretty much summarizes it.
    Somehow I place more trust into a guy with a PhD than in a random forum QQer.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-