Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In, before:

"We think enhancement damage is fine, even after the normalization. Doing huge crits may be fun, but it's not fun for the player on the receiving end."

I hyate when PvP influences my PvE game World of Warcraft

<sigh>

...fucking PvP,
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Lol not surprised they nerfed it a little. Was goofing around on ptr earlier with an enh shaman using the str 2h axe doing pvp and hit a warrior for 889k not counting the wf proc off it. Granted he had 100% damage increase debuff, but still...thats about 449.5k.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the solution should have been.

Enhance can no longer use 2 handed weapons.

The end.

It would have FINALLY ended the 2H enhance debate - seeing as devs themselves have said its NEVER returning and it wouldve fixed the issue at its core, only effecting PVP and only effecting 2H users.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    You know what the solution should have been.

Enhance can no longer use 2 handed weapons.

The end.

It would have FINALLY ended the 2H enhance debate - seeing as devs themselves have said its NEVER returning and it wouldve fixed the issue at its core, only effecting PVP and only effecting 2H users.
    yea that would fix the issue definitely. i hope they don't do that though, i always thought it was neat being able to choose how you wanted to play your shaman or any class for that matter. hell, a good portion of NPC shamans are using 2h weapons so i kinda don't see why they keep trying to shove dw down our throats the past couple expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mack8772 View Post
    Just got an answer from a Blue:Rygarius
    5 minutes ago
    @Hoofisdead: Normalized means overall damage remains the same; the damage range is less random (really high or really low) and is more consistent.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/968...3#c-9363226344
    This is exactly what I thought aswell. Seeing as stormblast hits being extremely random (ranging from 40k to 150k).

Yes, but if they took 2-handed away, then we wouldn't be able to use those awesome 2-h agi maces and axes in the current tiers. Oh, wait....

Perhaps I just had an off night, but I noticed my burst was at times up to 200k lower last night then the week prior. Fights I normally win with ease in my 10 man, I finished third or fourth on. Like I said, perhaps it was just an unlucky night, but my damage was definiately lower overall last night then in previous weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they took away 2handers then I would no longer be able to equip my Sulfuras, it is the only legendary I have and you want them to take it away from me!

Deleted
    Well was doing some raids today and my dps was definitely a lot lower. I was a lot lower on every single boss by a few percent (and ranks) in the raid.

Anyone else feeling that this was a huge nerf or just bad luck?

We're talking about a ~4% nerf to ~3-4% of your dps (i.e. ~0.12-0.16% nerf overall). If you sneezed in the middle of an encounter this week, that would have negatively affected your DPS more than this change did.

^I am of the impression after my raid last night that this was in fact an almost crippling nerf (pve perspective). I went from strongest dps to middle of the pack in the blink of eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtin View Post
    ^I am of the impression after my raid last night that this was in fact an almost crippling nerf (pve perspective). I went from strongest dps to middle of the pack in the blink of eye.
    Being middle of the pack is crippling??

Anyways, Normalizing the attack just reduces the effect of RNG. The only "nerf" would be from the normalization changing stormblast from 2.6 weapon speed to 2.4 which results in a small loss to this single ability. Maybe it was intended. Maybe it wasn't. But the effects (bringing a spec to only the middle of the pack) aren't going to raise any flags at Blizzard. I doubt anyone will lose their raid spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    We're talking about a ~4% nerf to ~3-4% of your dps (i.e. ~0.12-0.16% nerf overall). If you sneezed in the middle of an encounter this week, that would have negatively affected your DPS more than this change did.
    Well i lost (in my 25m raid) about 5-10 places depending on boss, so it felt a lot more than 3-4%.

I'm interested in how raid bots will see this nerf coming, once old data is overwritten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Being middle of the pack is crippling??

Anyways, Normalizing the attack just reduces the effect of RNG. The only "nerf" would be from the normalization changing stormblast from 2.6 weapon speed to 2.4 which results in a small loss to this single ability. Maybe it was intended. Maybe it wasn't. But the effects (bringing a spec to only the middle of the pack) aren't going to raise any flags at Blizzard. I doubt anyone will lose their raid spot.
    It is intended.
    Seriously guys, if you ended from 1 to middle of the pack, i'd check more your performance than this hotfix. My Stormblast hits almost as hard as before and unleash wind, well, we use it for the buff, not for the damage itself.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

For you guys who think you've seen your dps drop by 200k, or your place drop several spots on recount, one question I'd ask, is how many of your other guildies got their legendary cloak, since last week, and you don't still have yours?

Our guy, who got his, was showing some dramatic improvement, last night.

My dps, with no gear change from last week, whatsoever, was slightly improved on several fights. I took a hit on Jin'rokh, but that's only because the aforementioned douchebag mage popped timewarp a full 10 seconds before I could get the benefit of the pool. Oh, and our tanks refuse to move the boss. Bastards.

Outside of the cloak, I'm not sure what could make you guys see any significantly noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    For you guys who think you've seen your dps drop by 200k, or your place drop several spots on recount, one question I'd ask, is how many of your other guildies got their legendary cloak, since last week, and you don't still have yours?

Our guy, who got his, was showing some dramatic improvement, last night.

My dps, with no gear change from last week, whatsoever, was slightly improved on several fights. I took a hit on Jin'rokh, but that's only because the aforementioned douchebag mage popped timewarp a full 10 seconds before I could get the benefit of the pool. Oh, and our tanks refuse to move the boss. Bastards.

Outside of the cloak, I'm not sure what could make you guys see any significantly noticeable difference.
    I imagine that this is definitely a factor. I got my cloak last night and it is a significant increase in damage. I can't do a week to week comparison since I got other upgrades, but in simcraft its worth ~10k. Thats more than I gain from heroic level weapons or trinkets.

They should nerf the burst ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    They should nerf the burst ;-)
    That's exactly what they did (in part), with this hotfix.

Are you wanting to see enhancement burst nerfed even more? If so, then why? It's a core trait of enhancement now.