PvP Rogues? and Hot Key bar question

I have been giving Rift a go for a few days now, but I am still lost. So much stuff to try and figure out all at once. I was thinking about giving a Rogue a go as I have tired a warrior and cleric. But I have no idea what kind of Rogue would be good for PvP. So many choices which I like, but on the other hand the game kind of lacks information on this stuff. Could use a lot more detail. I guess especially the character generation screen is confusing when you get to what is your purpose. Like there's freaking 4 choices and I have no idea what they actually do in the end.

On a second note anyone know how to get more bars on the screen? I Have run out of hot keys spots and I'm only lvl 10 on my Cleric. Thx for the help in advance.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2013-06-24 at 09:22 PM.

So there is a lot of questions there. I will see what I can do to answer them all:

1) PvP rogue has a couple different choices. You will (usually) see a Marksman rogue. Ranged DPS with some group utility (debuffs and buff stripping). You may see a couple rangers, they are high damage and just a pure DPS role. Assassins are a Melee single target pressure spec that rely on DoT's. If played correctly they can dish out the damage. Nightblade/Riftstalker is one of the more common melee rogue leveling specs that you will see. Good PvE quest grinding and OK damage in PvP with survivability. Also if you have SL the Tactician is a great soul to use leveling/low level pvping

2) The into souls should have a basic description of the soul and what it is meant to be, so I would read those. If you want more info on the classes, try to post questions here.

3) More bars: Hit Escape, go to Options, Under Interface there should be an Action Bars window. You can add upto 4 on the bottom and 4 on the sides. They can be rotated and moved by editing the Layout under the Escape menu.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    So there is a lot of questions there. I will see what I can do to answer them all:

1) PvP rogue has a couple different choices. You will (usually) see a Marksman rogue. Ranged DPS with some group utility (debuffs and buff stripping). You may see a couple rangers, they are high damage and just a pure DPS role. Assassins are a Melee single target pressure spec that rely on DoT's. If played correctly they can dish out the damage. Nightblade/Riftstalker is one of the more common melee rogue leveling specs that you will see. Good PvE quest grinding and OK damage in PvP with survivability. Also if you have SL the Tactician is a great soul to use leveling/low level pvping

2) The into souls should have a basic description of the soul and what it is meant to be, so I would read those. If you want more info on the classes, try to post questions here.

3) More bars: Hit Escape, go to Options, Under Interface there should be an Action Bars window. You can add upto 4 on the bottom and 4 on the sides. They can be rotated and moved by editing the Layout under the Escape menu.
    Well thx for the answer, actually the bars were under settings, took me a bit but I figured if you said they were there they had to be somewhere. I kept thinking it would be under layout. But finally I got my bars in place and that really made me much happier. I have been surprised so far in the quality of the game, Best F2P I have ever seen. So that's pretty cool. Got my wife looking at it now , I think she likes it too so far. Anyway thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I have been giving Rift a go for a few days now, but I am still lost. So much stuff to try and figure out all at once. I was thinking about giving a Rogue a go as I have tired a warrior and cleric. But I have no idea what kind of Rogue would be good for PvP. So many choices which I like, but on the other hand the game kind of lacks information on this stuff. Could use a lot more detail. I guess especially the character generation screen is confusing when you get to what is your purpose. Like there's freaking 4 choices and I have no idea what they actually do in the end.

On a second note anyone know how to get more bars on the screen? I Have run out of hot keys spots and I'm only lvl 10 on my Cleric. Thx for the help in advance.
    Marksman is most popular for single target (with fair AOE) in pvp. I personally run Saboteur in pvp and wreck people's faces but I'd not recommend sab for new players, its fairly complex and requires alot of setup. Sab is primarily burst aoe.
    There are some good melee specs, assassin of course if you are good at the stealth thing. There are other melee pvp specs in the class forums and some of the best pvp rogues are known for their melee skills. If you don't mind range I'd start with Marksman as its fairly simple and will help you get used to Rift pvp.