Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    You were before.....
    You know you get + 100 for this response.
    I'm happy someone gets it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    You were before.....
    No he wasn't; also, don't bother spieling about how everyone can marry someone of the opposite sex and that somehow justifies bigotry towards those who were born liking only the same gender, not going to help you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    He brings up a good point though. I'm willing to believe quite a few people get married with pre-nups just for the sake of taking a tax break.
    It will be one of the very few reasons I would get married. So... yay?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That'd go a long way to helping gay acceptance as a societal fact. Let's make as much a joke out of marriage as straight people.
    I just fail to see why every marriage should be for love "until death do us part". If somebody wants to marry for the advantages of a domestic partnership, and to ease their tax burden, but not necessarily commit to a life term, why shouldn't they be allowed to?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    Excellent news for all gay people!
    More like "Excellent news for all people!" !

I find it really really sad how so many are not informed on how the law works and how letting gay partners marry would fix so many issues! At the moment say some one has no family around anymore and they get in a very serious accident and the only one around is there partner. In states where there union is not recognised then the partner really has no LEGAL say in what happens to there partner... Imagine flipping that around and telling a husband he has no rights to choose to keep life support or not for his wife and that his wifes 3rd cousin she never met will make that call because shes next of kin and marriage doesnt mean anything.

Another good one was in Australia before the law passed..a girl had 2 women as mothers but only 1 could adopt her. One of them passed away and the only way for her 2nd mother to be legaly her care taker was to adopt her all over and she had to relinquish all rights from her first mother....basically by law her first mother no longer existed at all even though she was raised by both. Would we ever do this to a child of a male femal couple? immagine your addoptive mom dies and you have to relinquish all rights to that family name etc or any inheritance because now your only part of your dads family... Sounds absurd?

So does keeping these rights from people whom love eachother just to make you feel good about what you think is moraly ok!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Problem with that argument is that it applies to heterosexual couples as well. Why should I pay more in taxes because hetero's get tax breaks from being married? If that argument is reasonable, then it is against the tax breaks for marriage in general and not specifically against same sex marriages.
    Oh Im totally against benefits for ALL marriages. But the decision today just adds more kids to the pool so my taxes will be raised to cover for the additional marriages. Marriage benefits are discriminatory to people who chose to live their lives alone. We pay higher taxes, car insurance, nd many other things which is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I love when Google is a substitute for a law degree.
    I love it when people are pointed out the flaws in the their logic yet cling onto them like a kid's blanket in a thunderstorm.

Casual observation mind you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I just fail to see why every marriage should be for love "until death do us part". If somebody wants to marry for the advantages of a domestic partnership, and to ease their tax burden, but not necessarily commit to a life term, why shouldn't they be allowed to?
    till death do us part is no longer leagal in Canada if I'm not mistaken. i know in Quebec it has been struck out and no longer part of the marriage vows at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Oh Im totally against benefits for ALL marriages. But the decision today just adds more kids to the pool so my taxes will be raised to cover for the additional marriages. Marriage benefits are discriminatory to people who chose to live their lives alone. We pay higher taxes, car insurance, nd many other things which is bullshit.
    You know there is a really simple solution to that problem, two to be precise. You seem like you can put two and two together so I doubt you need me to spell it out.

Given the responses I've read from you in this thread, you may want to take whatever assistance Google has to offer.

Guys, guys, guys, I just checked.. The horses are not eating themselves!!! It's going to be ok! ( why at a time like this all that can come to mind is American Dad and Family Guy jokes?)
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    car insurance, nd many other things which is bullshit.
    Blame statistics on that one! Stats show that those that are married tend to be less risk takers on average and as such less of a risk to claim benefits form insurance companies and as such pay less!

when it ocmes to insurance and the like it has nothing to do with "o we feel good about htem being married we will let them pay less" and more about "ok they take out of the pot less than group Y so we can cut them a deal and make it look better to take insurance they tend to not use!"

I hate it when shit like this is a substitute for an argument.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    Given the responses I've read from you in this thread, you may want to take whatever assistance Google has to offer.
    Solid fucking gold.

Wells stamp of approval

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7611844

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/divorce.htm

So if on average about 10% of the population is gay, and there are currently 2 million marriages in the united states, then you can expect an increase of about 200,000 marriages. So if each received an average tax break of a thousand dollars per year, and there are 200 million tax payers in the united states, you can expect to pay an extra 1 dollar per year.

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY! Now i want to know what will they do with propos. 8

Its kind of fucked up that equal rights are less important to you than a miniscule increase in your tax burden

10+ Year Old Account

So if on average about 10% of the population is gay, and there are currently 2 million marriages in the united states, then you can expect an increase of about 200,000 marriages. So if each received an average tax break of a thousand dollars per year, and there are 200 million tax payers in the united states, you can expect to pay an extra 1 dollar per year.
    That's a lot.... i mean... that's like 42 pesos here! you know how many HALLS can i buy with that?! (like 17)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Over the years I have collected many Fabulous toasters for the men and children I have converted into homosexuality.
    I can't be the only one concerned that you are interested in converting children to homosexuality.

Shh! Don't use logic and basic math here!

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I can't be the only one concerned that you are interested in converting children to homosexuality.
    your prob the only who failed to notice it was a jab at hetero sexual prejudice.
    Clearly, Gay people get toasters for converting people..

Oh yea totally.. you know phase 2 is to put the gay gene in GMO rice, and then to force "healthy lunches in preschool" with that rice, so we can have a never ending contestant pool for Drag Race.. Clearly...
    Imagine the day when that vacuous bubble pops? I can't wait!
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-06-26 at 04:34 PM.