Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not really crying, exactly, but in Black Temple on Illidan one night our raid leader was swearing (not at anyone, he just swears normally) and this kids mom gets on his mic and tells our raid leader to stop swearing cause she doesn't want her son to hear it all the time. Without missing a beat our raid leader just screams "Hey, XXX's mom, suck my fucking dick" which is followed promptly by "XXX has gone offline"

Was probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed on WoW, and I'm pretty sure that even though he/his mom weren't crying, they were mighty upset.
    Haha poor kid is probably banned from online games to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens in guild chat/vent should really stay in guild chat/vent. It's no one else's business and stuff like this isn't really useful as an advertisement for guilds, raiding or anything else.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    In pvp people generals call people dumbasses/jerks yet I have never heard someone crying over pvp.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    [video=youtube;tA2xamwNuKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA2xamwNuKk[video]
    I would have had some fun with him to piss him off more.

"I'm sorry, did you say something? I muted you when you let your mentally inept cat screech into the microphone."
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    I don't understand PVE drama. I can understand pvp drama cause it's you vs. a human opponent/team and no one likes to be bested by another human in a contest, but in PVE you lose to a fucking computer program. It doesn't care about you, it doesn't even think, why the fuck do you get so mad about it ?!

Personally, I have never had such raging raid leaders in 8 years of wow. I guess I was lucky.
    Last edited by mmocac5c98d50e; 2013-06-27 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've only had one raging dork try to get mad at our raid before. We shut him up and put him in his place in a hurry. He spent the next 20 minutes embarrassed and apologizing. I'm not sure how anyone could just sit there and let some dipshit yell at them over a game.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-27 at 09:27 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Thank God I'm not in your guild. For a lot of reasons.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha oh man as being a former top tier raider yeah I've heard people cry hell even cry to me on skype / vent from time to time. You wanna know how my raid life was life in Woltk? Here I'll give you all a just of it

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.

Hahahaha. Dammit, I'd be unable to talk/respond to that, I'd be too busy laughing. Push to talk key forever removed.

I'll admit...I've cussed out a few people, not quite... quite that loudly (close), but I've had some rages.

I'm not prone to crying over what my fellow World of Warcraft players think, I can feel bad a bit later about how I acted, but... I don't like bullshit. Say it, get it over with, move on.
    Crying over what someone thinks of your performance in a video game is? Woman up girl! Do it better and/or prove the obnoxious tit wrong. Get those logs out.
    Otherwise nothing is going to change as far as the obnoxious tit goes, they'll always exist. Your ability however is fluid, you can improve.
    Also she shouldn't have dragged her fiance into the mess, the Guild leader picks the raid leader for a reason. To raid lead effectively. There's some trust there now that will be broken and something in the guild will forever stink of mistrust. Sometimes, that means penetrating thick skulls of people who don't get why they're 'doing it wrong'.

Though really it's why I don't raid lead much anymore, we've got a much more passive aggressive raid leader who's more chill.

OP if people are dying to attenuation (I'm already forgetting tactics from barely months ago, god, that's the spiral shit on the floor yes?), it's very, VERY rarely the healers fault. It's people not knowing how to move through it. Get facts straight before you let loose the beast. Rage is an effective leading tool but only when tempered with all the facts. So your raid leader was probably not as justified in this case. But... crying... over this. And getting guild leadership involved in a bombastic way like that? This should have been handled better. I can imagine how my guild would handle a situation like this and it would not be by having a bitch fit on mumble. It would be later, behind closed doors.

Bad situation. Never had to deal with someone outright crying. I have dealt with someone having a temper tantrum. And I actually believe the person in question was mentally unwell. No way to be sure, but I moved past that debacle years ago, been smooth sailing for the most part since.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Man you have a crazy mean guild leader. What where the healers doing where they just getting of their task by like healing a lock or a mage or something or where they going afk threw the hole thing.
    If you're referring to the OP I imagine, since they were dying to attenuation, that the healers were busy dodging the discs so that they wouldn't get hit and die like the people they were accused of not healing. The healers are supposed to mitigate unavoidable damage. Healing through other peoples' mistakes is desirable, but sometimes it's just not possible. If people die to attenuation it's not the fault of the healers. Any decent raid leader would know where to point the blame as well as how to allocate the blame constructively. Venting your frustrations on the parties who aren't even responsible is a good way to kill a raid.

Deleted
    The most angry raid leader I met was a guy who started saying Fuck a lot when things didn't work. His tone of voice wouldn't change, he would speak as usual except the word Fuck would be present every other word, and we knew he's pissed.

Deleted
    People dying on attenuation and blaming it on healer. Never go full retard man...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Raiding is sooooo fun!!! I just can't for the life of me understand why people would rather LFR...
    This guy actually felt counting to 9 was warranted during his 2 minute nerd rage.

At any rate, everyone feel free to play that clip the next time someone says LFR is the reason raids are on a decline.

Last time I raid lead I shouted at someone. Very briefly. All I said was "For fuck's sake (name), stand closer to (the tank)!" He was a Ret Paladin on Heroic Morchok, and he was supposed to be soaking damage from the stomps. He wasn't doing his job properly despite being told repeatedly dps wasn't the issue, and would keep getting behind the boss and letting the stomp damage kill other members of his group because he wasn't the second closest target. I was getting annoyed (since I was also healing at the time, my least favourite role especially when leading), so I shouted at him. Next attempt he did his job, great.

Only not great. A few days later (yeah) he posted a ranting letter against me on the forums, saying how horrible I was 'screaming at him' and his whole family heard it (apperently he plays with his speakers on - never told us this before). He's never complained about swearing in the past (and indeed swore like a sailor himself) yet said my swearing was unacceptable. He then said he'd never raid again until I apologised and was punished for it.

My reply? "Fuck off then, unless you want to raid lead next week and see how fun it is when people like you don't listen until I'm forced to shout."

Bizzarely, the other officers took his side and demanded I apologise or "you're not raid leading until you do", 5 minutes before a raid. My responce? "No." And then I guildquit on the spot.

No attempt was made to get me back nicely, and indeed all they did was wind me up further. Suffice to say, the guild didn't survive long doing 25 mans after losing their raid leader, raid organiser, top 3 dps and offhealer (who spent more time healing then dpsing out of requirement) and the guy who did the vast majority of the prep work. Yep, that was all me, and they showed their apprieciation very aptly.

Was I rude? Of course. Did they deserve worse? Probably. But I'd had enough to having to pander to people who couldn't even be bothered to show up to every raid.

So not 'crying' par say, but a lot of drama because one person refused to listen until he got yelled at for all of 5 seconds.

God the rages at living bomb deaths. Takes me back.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I heard yelling by some short fused raid leader that caused the person in question to cry, I'd tell him/her to shut the fuck up and be more tact/calm about it. Rage does not fix things, only makes it worse and creates a chaotic environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have infact one of the nicest guild leaders i ever met.

When we still were in the 5.0/5.1 patch, we were doing HoF, and we failed at the third boss over and over again, and instead of yelling he was really nice.
    He didn't get mad like that dude on those videos in this thread, but he would be like, we will get him next time it's oke, please try to do some more damage etc, we will get him.

He wasn't angry at all that we didn't make it, he wasn't happy but he wasn't mad.

Those guilds kind of guild leaders i only dare to raid with, i don't like to raid with to much serious people, to rage to much :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Had someone cry over vent once due to happiness of finally killing heroic ragnaros, we were neck and neck with another 10 man guild on the server and it was anyone's guess who was gonna get server first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORVx--YJ_Y

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if it's a girl, first thing. Sorry getting that out of the way. You don't treat people in your raid differently just because they are girls. THAT creates drama.

Second thing, being a good raid leader means you do what you have to do. You will come off as a dick to people that don't understand that. Is there ever a point where "Raging" at people is necessary? Yes. However, a good raid leader will also typically have good support staff that he/she can delegate the responsibility of talking to individuals that have performance issues when needed. If the ENTIRE group is causing facepalms? Sure, then the Raid Leader should make a point of it.

I remember someone in my Guild saying something to me back when I was our Raid Leader (I did this for four years, nightly) "It's lonely at the top.". That was incredibly apt and very much true. Raid Leaders that are looking to get their team to progress cannot afford to smile and nod when a buddy shows up drunk, has gabbing issues or any other random thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Yeah people will cry if they are treated like this.
    *video*
    Yeah, that dude needs to be punched right in the throat.