Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Maybe now, but this thread is very clear about that going away for these trinkets: link

Interestingly, the last post says there will be on-use trinkets as well. It could be just other classes that get this, but with all the procs being so similar right now I can imagine it being a work in progress, with on-use effects being added instead of some of the ICD/RPPM.

I've been wondering about that RPPM change (the haste double-dipping) ... isn't that going to, basically, be the overwhelming majority of RPPM effects ? Off the top of my head I can't think of one it wouldn't affect (but I haven't been able to get to sleep so I'm sure my head is cloudy and I'm missing at least something)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've been wondering about that RPPM change (the haste double-dipping) ... isn't that going to, basically, be the overwhelming majority of RPPM effects ? Off the top of my head I can't think of one it wouldn't affect (but I haven't been able to get to sleep so I'm sure my head is cloudy and I'm missing at least something)
    Legendary cloak is not affected by it, everything else is. I think.

Here's a thought: if we end up using either the multistrike or the cleave trinket along with the amp trinket, we'll have yet another portion of our trinkets that don't affect our pet damage, making Sac more attractive, but not if they keep nerfing it. Also, Demo has no good options in this scenario, as either it'll use a pet and have that damage not affected by multi/cleave, or they'll use Sac and have their increased Wild Imp damage unaffected. They kinda really fucked up these trinkets for pet specs.

Deleted
    So if the post on the front page is to be believed, the stacking int trinket (Black Blood) is down to 0,51 RPPM and no haste scaling, and the multistrike (KTT) is at 0.46 RPPM and no haste scaling.

This means the 90s pull protection does close to nothing, just setting our time since last proc to 90 on pull. This gives no extra change to proc for the first 1.5m at all, and will make procs within 5-10s rare.

It gives them roughly 17% average uptime, compared to roughly 25-30% uptime in 5.3 on Wushoolay and Breath. Note that those old trinkets are also getting nerfed hard. That is slightly lower than the uptime on Bindings, assuming it has 105s ICD as testing pointed out.

Overall this makes the RPPM trinkets quite weak, with Bindings becoming even further ahead of anything else. Even as affliction we might prefer the static intellect + crit proc (ICD) trinket. Getting an intellect proc off RPPM will be so random, as well as very unlikely to happen on pull, that even 24k intellect might not be all that appealing.

Black Blood of Y'Shaarj just became a lot less appealing for Locks, then. Maybe ToC spamming Demo could get it to 10 stacks with time to take advantage of it, but Affliction and Destro certainly won't. An Arcane Mage can get to 10 stacks with two missile casts. Also, their abilities that are off the GCD generate stacks, too. If the intent with BoTH is to halve the duration, but double the Proc rate, that could be okay. If it's going to maintain the current PTR procrate, and be halved like this, it is going to sting. I wonder why Cha-ye's escaped scrutiny? Either way, the trinkets for next tier are starting to look a lot less exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    Black Blood of Y'Shaarj just became a lot less appealing for Locks, then. Maybe ToC spamming Demo could get it to 10 stacks with time to take advantage of it, but Affliction and Destro certainly won't. An Arcane Mage can get to 10 stacks with two missile casts. Also, their abilities that are off the GCD generate stacks, too. If the intent with BoTH is to halve the duration, but double the Proc rate, that could be okay. If it's going to maintain the current PTR procrate, and be halved like this, it is going to sting. I wonder why Cha-ye's escaped scrutiny? Either way, the trinkets for next tier are starting to look a lot less exciting.
    Because Cha-Ye was already 10 second duration. And they probably put Breath and Cha at equal RPPM. But this shit is getting annoying. Blizz just made an entirely new nightmare for themselves with RPPM.

Sorry for the double, but I was looking on Wowhead, and apparently although almost everything had its duration halved procwise, the RPPM was almost doubled. We weren't the only ones hit, either. It's on all of the Agi and Str trinkets, too.

Deleted
    A trinket that stacks up to 10 but lasts 10 sec is rather stupid...

Deleted
    they are showing something different on wowhead tho and currently on the ptr but you never know with blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    If the intent with BoTH is to halve the duration, but double the Proc rate, that could be okay.
    The problem is that Dark Soul's duration is 20 seconds and 10 second proc will end 10-11 seconds before Dark Soul ends (if you use DS once you get a proc).

A nerf to the passive amplification... fun.

I can see why. It's an extremely powerful trinket for casters. I imagine blizzard wants to bridge the gap between trinkets as much as possible.

The BB change it's just stupid, 10 stacks with 10sec duration is rather dull.

Deleted
    Trinkets are changed on current PTR, a lot like AjayxD posted.

Bindings passive is down to 7% on normal version. All things that had 105s ICD now have 115s. BBoY and KTT procs are now only lasting 10s, but have 0.92 RPPM. Cleave trinket proc now has 85s ICD instead of 75s. Healer amp trinket confirmed to not work, says specifically ''Effective for healing specs only''.

On the old trinkets, Wushoolay and Breath both have 10s duration now. Wushoolay gets a stack every second. Heroic Breath has 1.10 RPPM, and HC TF Wushoolay has 1.21 RPPM. UVLS heroc 0.62 RPPM, I think it's same as live. Cha-ye is same as live, only it has 1.00 RPPM.

My thoughts: pretty wild RPPM on Wushoolay. It is clearly superior to BBoY normal. RPPM is 1.21 vs 0.92, int per stack is 1,715 vs 1,567 and Wushoolay stacks every second, while BBoY gains a stack on spell cast. In fact, with an expected time between procs of 50s, it is looking like an amazing trinket especially for affliction. Breath is very strong as well.

Personally I have mixed feelings. I think the new ICDs/RPPMs are a very good change, but BBoY is just stupidly bad and Wushoolay is stupidly good.
    Last edited by mmocc7220f1198; 2013-08-07 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    idd, the int stacking trink is just plain stupid, coz its virtually impossible to get it to 10 stacks as it only lasts 10 secs. BBoY will be utterly useless for afflic. now the question is, which trinket will we be using instead of the int stacking trink if this goes live best bet would prolly be the multistrike trink.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-08-08 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    Remember that Cha-ye also scales from Crit, and breath doesnt, i would say that if you have heroic TF Cha-ye and heroic TF Wush you could be holding onto them for a good while.