Thread: Dat Sky Golem

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Who cares? And why does it matter? Engineers can make off these "scrubs" as you put it.
    Oh you got me there.... 15k in mats ... will sell for 17k within two days.... Enjoy your "profits". Pathetic... if 2k is acceptable to you then you are whats wrong with the non-economical viability of Engineering.

But as you said "Who cares? And why does it matter?" allow me to finish your statement for you... "I don't like making money, I just troll the profession forums for the lolz. Derp derp DeRp" Hey I even got the accent right. Yay!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    Oh you got me there.... 15k in mats ... will sell for 17k within two days.... Enjoy your "profits". Pathetic... if 2k is acceptable to you then you are whats wrong with the non-economical viability of Engineering.

But as you said "Who cares? And why does it matter?" allow me to finish your statement for you... "I don't like making money, I just troll the profession forums for the lolz. Derp derp DeRp" Hey I even got the accent right. Yay!!
    15.000 gold doesn't always mean the mount will sell for 17.000 gold, you didn't count the Cooldowns into the system. Cooldown for Living steel and cooldown for sources - That makes it even more expensive + you must find a engineer you trust to make it and not disappear 15-20 days later. So, think 17k within two days - Not going to happen, not even close.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    15.000 gold doesn't always mean the mount will sell for 17.000 gold, you didn't count the Cooldowns into the system. Cooldown for Living steel and cooldown for sources - That makes it even more expensive + you must find a engineer you trust to make it and not disappear 15-20 days later. So, think 17k within two days - Not going to happen, not even close.
    The 17k is within 2 days of the 30 days after patch release, and the 50+ that will be posted and undercutting each other. Unless of course you play on some hill billy backwater server?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 17k is within 2 days of the 30 days after patch release, and the 50+ that will be posted and undercutting each other. Unless of course you play on some hill billy backwater server?
    I don't, play on a pretty crowded server, and this Golem goes just like the hog it seems - so it'll be on 30-40k minimum the first 2-3 weeks after construction, just like the hog. That is how I forsee it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Is this usable in battlegrounds?

And how many do you foresee on the ah the 2nd day after the 30 days cooldown is up the first time? Given a rough esitimate of 15k mats, how low do you think those fools will undercut too.... be honest with yourself, think of your other markets where everything is undercut to nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Is this usable in battlegrounds?

So it was responded earlier that it is rideable in non flying zones.
    What is giving you pause as to the availability of its use in BG's?

10+ Year Old Account
    And how many do you foresee on the ah the 2nd day after the 30 days cooldown is up the first time? Given a rough esitimate of 15k mats, how low do you think those fools will undercut too.... be honest with yourself, think of your other markets where everything is undercut to nothing...

- - - Updated - - -

So it was responded earlier that it is rideable in non flying zones.
    What is giving you pause as to the availability of its use in BG's?
    Again, the hog as well, was in about 50+ of them on AH the first 3 weeks as well - The lowest was 25k

I honestly had to register to ask you if you realize how really awkward you come off. Using mounts as a "status symbol?" Hate to tell you man, it's a videogame, and when the day comes when you can put achievement points or special mounts on your resume', I might just agree with you.

Otherwise, yikes. Nobody cares about anyone else's lil nerd glory. And I say this as someone who played the game for a long time, with some pride and some shame. But at least I'm self aware. I'm also an engineer who's stacked the mats to make two of these for my wife and I as soon as cooldowns permit. Gonne be glorious, even more so that it'll make special snowflakes mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankyzappa View Post
    I honestly had to register to ask you if you realize how really awkward you come off. Using mounts as a "status symbol?" Hate to tell you man, it's a videogame, and when the day comes when you can put achievement points or special mounts on your resume', I might just agree with you.

Otherwise, yikes. Nobody cares about anyone else's lil nerd glory. And I say this as someone who played the game for a long time, with some pride and some shame. But at least I'm self aware. I'm also an engineer who's stacked the mats to make two of these for my wife and I as soon as cooldowns permit. Gonne be glorious, even more so that it'll make special snowflakes mad.
    Status symbol is in game ... nothing in game relates out... if that was your thought you are twisted from the start.

I can see the defensive nature as someone "who's stacked the mats to make two of these for my wife" Its gonna be glorious? In-game? or out? as you seem to be confused....

You are going to make special snowflakes mad? How? There will be no special snowflakes.... all the nub's (and apparently their wives) will have this mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Status symbol is in game ... nothing in game relates out... if that was your thought you are twisted from the start.

I can see the defensive nature as someone "who's stacked the mats to make two of these for my wife" Its gonna be glorious? In-game? or out? as you seem to be confused....

You are going to make special snowflakes mad? How? There will be no special snowflakes.... all the nub's (and apparently their wives) will have this mount.
    Just like with the hog, or the JC mounts, or the old Engi mounts, really. Doesn't matter in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just like with the hog, or the JC mounts, or the old Engi mounts, really. Doesn't matter in the end.
    Indeed it does not matter. Just sad to see the art of this thing going to waste. Time will tell.

Good luck Gehco hope you get some nice profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it does not matter. Just sad to see the art of this thing going to waste. Time will tell.

I'm not hunting for profit.. I'm making 3, 1 for me, 1 for a gift and 1 for AH.

Yeah it's always sad to see mounts they designed not rot in the game code. That green Firelands phoenix is so hype gurl. True status symbol.

I like how a more than a few players obtaining this somehow equals "going to waste." No matter what mount you have, nobody cares. Nobody cares. Unless it's the black AQ bug or one of the original level 60 mounts. THAT is actually cool. Pointless but cool, and those are the only ones.

I'd prefer Blizz to stop with this CD based mat crap and just give us an option to brute force build it. But that doesn't go with the time scam scheme they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankyzappa View Post
    I'd prefer Blizz to stop with this CD based mat crap and just give us an option to brute force build it. But that doesn't go with the time scam scheme they do.
    Honestly, it's not really a big deal at all. I think in the end it will make me appreciate the mount even more. Kind of like leveling a character, if I just had one given to me...I wouldn't really appreciate it as much as one that I leveled from 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    It's cheaper to level engineering and make this yourself than buying it for what people ask for. Having said that, the first I make will be up for sale, ridiculous how much gold people waffle out for being the first on the server to have them, I'll carry on riding my invincible for 30 days.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to do something about the flying animation. The wavering side to side when flying is just nuts. Props for style but no cookie for practicality.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Honestly, it's not really a big deal at all. I think in the end it will make me appreciate the mount even more. Kind of like leveling a character, if I just had one given to me...I wouldn't really appreciate it as much as one that I leveled from 1.
    Your statement made me remember the daily fun grind I had when i first started playing and there was the raptor in Unguro Crater you fed for however many days till it grew up to be an adult raptor and a mount. Was one of my first mounts I had as well and ride it on occasion just for nostalgia

OT: doesn't matter who has it when the next oh-so-cool mount comes out, my engineer will still make one for the ppl that want on right away and one for me, don't really care if I only make 2k as profit, it's still 2k free to me anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is completely ridiculous and I want one.

I don't get the hype, personally. I think it's by far one of the ugliest mounts in the game.

But I guess people like their robots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I don't get the hype, personally. I think it's by far one of the ugliest mounts in the game.

But I guess people like their robots.
    Better than yet another reskinned dragon.