Budget Late-ish 2013 PC

Well, after getting my laptop stolen. I no longer can play WoW. I do how very much wish to play WoW on the best settings available, although at the same time I do not have a fortune to spend on the computer.

My Goals:

Simply put, I wish to Raid 25 mans on high, ideally full settings, while remaining absolutely as cheap as possible.

I only play WoW/Older Games.

The last computer I built was back when 8800GTXs were a thing, and now its gone. I just have no idea what parts are good now, and this new NVIDIA scheme has confused me.

What will be installed on it that will be used.

WoW+Various addons. Boss Mods a Clean UI/Recount ETC
    Microsoft Office...
    Firefox+Adbloc

Essentially my budget is as little as possible.
    Last edited by Canadian Aviator; 2013-06-29 at 09:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i5-3570k or 4670k
    Z77 or Z87 mobo
    Decent cpu cooler
    GTX 760
    500-550w psu (not some generic no brand name rubbish either)
    ... I can't see you getting away with less than 1200 (especially if you need a new monitor)
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Luckily no monitor required. =) Or Speakers, nice surround sound setup just has to be yanno, set up.

Processors?

Who is the champion right now? AMD or Intel?
    Last edited by Canadian Aviator; 2013-06-29 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Aviator View Post
    Luckily no monitor required. =) Or Speakers, nice surround sound setup just has to be yanno, set up.

Processors?

Who is the champion right now? AMD or Intel?
    There's no way we can see into the future and tell you what's going to happen 4-5 months from now. AMD is set to release the 8xxx line (which in theory should be superior to Nvidia's current line, time will tell), and Steamroller is set for some time in late 2013 or early 2014 on the CPU side.

Just wait until you're ready to buy for advice, as everything suggested now will be outdated by the time of your purchase.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I'm looking to buy within the next couple of weeks. :P It is Latish-2013 in my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Just wait until you're ready to buy for advice, as everything suggested now will be outdated by the time of your purchase.
    Echoing. Don't know much about parts now, but it would probably be easier for someone to help you put a setup together if you post a budget (or several budgets) when you need to buy it and the items needed (which seems is no peripherals). Like a complete PC without peripherals for 1000$ or whatever. Then people can get the best items for the price that you want to pay and get accurate prices. Perhaps get one as well for more or less than your immediate budget and then compare whether you will want to pay the extra price for it.

Prices will go up and down until you want to buy it and the extra benefit from buying something else than what is interesting now can quickly shift.

Well, in that case ^^ there you go...

You should probably post a couple of budgets that you would like to pay, so people know whether budget is 800$ or 1200$. Then someone can string something together at the price level . Should probably make it easier to get a baseline to go from.

Also you don't sound like someone who would be OC'ing much (or?), so you'd probably be better off getting parts than don't favor OC'ing much but instead come with higher performance for the price (usually just lower price for basic products that don't have much OC options or spend less money extra cooling on the products either seperately or inherently or the GFX f.ex. is already OC'ed from the factory).
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2013-06-29 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Aviator View Post
    I wish to Raid 25 mans on high, ideally full settings, while remaining absolutely as cheap as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Also you don't sound like someone who would be OC'ing much.
    He sounds like exactly the person who should be Overclocking, based off demands and price range.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab