Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

5.4 Release date speculation

Well, like the title says, if you have any theories on when 5.4 might be released lets hear them! I'm hoping it happens before the fall semester resumes or my grades will hurt

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll put my guess at 09/17/13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

late august/early september is what the majority of people think

Late 2015 or early 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Late 2015 or early 2016.
    O_o you cant be serious

Late 2015 or early 2016.
    Betas don't even last that long, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Late 2015 or early 2016.
    December is most likely the new expansion. So SoO would be a tad late then.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    August would be a good time because there is going to be a world boss called "August Celestial" that would match perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    December is most likely the new expansion. So SoO would be a tad late then.
    Uh? You expect Blizzard to announce it in Nov then release it in Dec? No way, the new expansion will be out Feb or March of next year.

I expect early September though.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Uh? You expect Blizzard to announce it in Nov then release it in Dec? No way, the new expansion will be out Feb or March of next year.

I expect early September though.
    There's no rule that states they have to announce at Blizzcon. Not arguing, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    There's no rule that states they have to announce at Blizzcon. Not arguing, just sayin'
    I dunno. I bought my ticket solely to witness the new expansion announced live and thats become pretty much a exception now.
    Shuttle of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Early August if Blizz is serious about this game

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Blizzard's stated target was 18 months between expansions. The last week of December will be 15 months. I don't see it happening.

On top, I agree with the consensus of August/Sept for 5.4.

I'm going to live dangerously and say August 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I dunno. I bought my ticket solely to witness the new expansion announced live and thats become pretty much a exception now.
    If the expansion isn't announced until the end of November at Blizzcon, then the beta can't start until then. A typical beta would last at least 4, probably 5 months. That puts the earliest possible expansion release in the beginning of May most likely, assuming the beta starts immediately after Blizzcon. 5.4 will likely drop in August if Blizzard can maintain their pace with this expansion. That's a minimum of 8 months in T16. Cutting it damn close to being another DS/ICC fiasco. Which is why I think a Blizzcon announcement is questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I'm going to live dangerously and say August 13th.

If the expansion isn't announced until the end of November at Blizzcon, then the beta can't start until then. A typical beta would last at least 4, probably 5 months. That puts the earliest possible expansion release in the beginning of May most likely, assuming the beta starts immediately after Blizzcon. 5.4 will likely drop in August if Blizzard can maintain their pace with this expansion. That's a minimum of 8 months in T16. Cutting it damn close to being another DS/ICC fiasco. Which is why I think a Blizzcon announcement is questionable.
    in what way is it even close to those two "fiasco's"? DS sucked for two reasons.. the first was it was just an awful raid. the second was it lasted 10 months. if it wasnt such an awful raid.. i dont think the 10 month duration woulda felt as miserable. give us a good raid patch.. and have it out for 8 months.. makes it very tolerable and not even comparable to either of the last two xpacs. given that we can all pretty much agree that 6 months at minimum is acceptable time for most guilds to be done with the raids/pvp seasons.

OT: prolly late aug or early Sep. like most everybody else is thinking for 5.4
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    in what way is it even close to those two "fiasco's"? DS sucked for two reasons.. the first was it was just an awful raid. the second was it lasted 10 months. if it wasnt such an awful raid.. i dont think the 10 month duration woulda felt as miserable. give us a good raid patch.. and have it out for 8 months.. makes it very tolerable and not even comparable to either of the last two xpacs. given that we can all pretty much agree that 6 months at minimum is acceptable time for most guilds to be done with the raids/pvp seasons.
    8 months was a best case scenario. It could easily drag out to 9 or 10. It doesn't matter how good the content is, anything will become stagnant after more than 8 months. We're looking at a 6 month lifespan for T14 and T15 right now, with minor patches in between to keep things fresh. And then suddenly 8+ months of T16 with potentially no filler patch? That's a pretty substantial failure relative to the rest of the expansion.

September would be fine my next vacation should be around there. August would really suck to be quite honest.

Thinking September.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's gonna be mid August.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.