Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What is the best command&conquer game ?

So up until today the only C&C games I've played were the original, Red alert 1 and Tiberium sun.

However I just bought the entire series on the Origin downloader and was wondering which is the best in the series or at least which one should be the first I download and play.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    So up until today the only C&C games I've played were the original, Red alert 1 and Tiberium sun.

However I just bought the entire series on the Origin downloader and was wondering which is the best in the series or at least which one should be the first I download and play.
    For me it's either Red Alert 2 or CnC Generals. After CnC series just didn't felt right...

starting to look like I just wasted $20, everything after Red alert 2 looks pretty dam cheesy.
    I mean just what the hell were they thinking with RA3, Renegade,c&c4

RA2 (10chars)

Red Alert 2 was my all time favorite.

starting to look like I just wasted $20, everything after Red alert 2 looks pretty dam cheesy.
    back at time I actually did enjoy Renegade, back think I think that was great shooter but now it just can't live up to anything what you can get now or last 4 years..

Most def Red Alert 2. The first C&C was nice to
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

I thought C&C 3 and particularly kanes wrath were pretty good. At some point as you say they decided red alert had to be ultra cheesy. I can't stand it. C&C 4 has to be one of the most tremendous franchise fails ever, it has almost no redeeming qualities.

If you enjoy the atmosphere of the first C&C and TS I think you would really enjoy kanes wrath. To me that was the best the franchise has to offer.

edit: I highly recommend you play 3 first, half of the awesomeness of kanes wrarth is how it ties with the story in C&C 3
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2013-06-29 at 11:02 AM.

Red Alert 2, easily. It's the only C&C game that is a "must play".

Red Alert 2>C&C3>Red Alert>C&C>Tiberian Sun

Or something like that. Don't care much for the other games in the series.

Deleted
    Red Alert 2 and Renegade (one of the 2 shooters i loved :3 )

Deleted
    I liked 3, with Kane's Wrath adding the Uber-units, but for me its Generals.

Story-wise, TW and KW were messed up but gameplay-wise I quite enjoyed them. Story-wise I still like Tiberian Sun the best.

Deleted
    From an RTS point-of-view I think C&C Generals is the best. But it doesn't really encompass the spirit of the series. The Red Alert series went for a certain B-movie trash appeal while the Tiberium Conflict series took itself a bit more seriously (albeit not much).

Red alert 2 would probably be considered the best, but my favorite is tiberian sun personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. For me... Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, C&C Generals and Tiberium Sun: Firestorm
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me crazy, but I actually really enjoyed Red Alert 3. Now 1 and 2 were great as well, 2 probably being the best playing, but for 3 I just loved the crazy new units for each faction in the game and how over the top it was. It was probably the closest I will ever get to playing a Metal Slug RTS game.

Deleted
    Generals, hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Ra 2 is a must!!!

C&C generals i recomend you get a shockwave mod. (its like a expansion that never happened)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Tiberian Sun (RA2 as close second)