Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Highly doubt they will be able to tightly tune a world boss. Just because you have a quest item doesn't mean you are going to get enough skilled players to do the boss. Especially since you can gather all of the quest items from LFR and not Once step foot into a real raiding environment where you have to actually do mechanics.
    GC tweeted and the Dev's in a wow head interview mentioned 'guilds' when they mentioned the new boss, a rather subtle hint.

Deleted
    So why do the people complaining that they haven't bothered with the legendary questline want to do this boss anyway, say there's no achievement, no mount, no pets, just loot for your toon from him, what does it matter to you anyway, or are you just after free loot and getting your asses carried by others, cause if you cared about how well your character was geared you would have done the legendary quest to start with, same with alts

Go figure, people want something for nothing all the time, as for the RNG shit to drops, yeah the older stuff has an increased chance now, so that would help with some catch up, but RNG can be cruel, think i spent 3 weeks on the trot with no runestone drop from any bosses before they changed a to Lei Shen dropping one, but you know what i just shrugged my shoulders and tried again the next week, yes i will have my cloak before 5.4, but that's beacuse i have done the content 'required' to get it

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchdog View Post
    Hey now, not everyone doing LFR is bad.

People are still forgetting the celestial blessing quest though, few posts back someone said about LFR people pulling 10k DPS. If that's the case, sure they'll get their runestones etc, but finishing the blessing quest? Its not going to happen easily.
    True not everyone running LFR is bad. However something I'm sure a lot of people have noticed is that most people will afk or do the least they have to do in a LFR raid. I don't take LFR seriously yes I do my job on my main and my priest (when I actually go) yet I've seen heroic geared out raiders sit there and do far less then they should be doing cause they just don't care and are only there for either #1 quick way to get valor done for the week. #2 chance at the secrets/runestones before their raids start for the week or #3 to test out different things within a raid setting.

Well, as someone raiding regularly, I still have gotten most of my progression for the legendary in LFR. So not sure why it would be an issue that those doing ONLY lfr gets a cloak.

Without them, I'd say we'd rarely be able to gather groups for that boss...well, not on very populated servers of course.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Honestly Attunements were good tool for guilds looking at people that apply. People willing to put in time to get attuned was usually motivated to raid which is the opposite of most recruits nowadays. Honestly we raid with alts from high end guilds because most of the player base isnt what most hardcore raiding guilds are looking for. A lot of high end guilds swap alts or play on alts in other high end raiding guilds because recruiting has become so difficult.
    What a load...it's a club of admiration, nothing more, nothing less. The "hardcore" community prefers to raid with the clique of people they already know for convenience, and of course thinking that "so few could make the cut" is just another personal pat on their backs. If "Harcore" guilds struggle to find motivated players among millions, then the fault MUST be with them. I was turned down by a very progressed guild back in WOTLK because, and I quote, "Well we have a raider who is gearing a hunter, you can come as reserve but his toon would stand first in line". They rathered he juggled instead of even giving someone else a shot.

It's damned hard for motivated players wanting nothing BUT hardcore progression to get a foot in when the already established guilds are such tightly knit little social clubs of "awesomesauce" who'd rather let their players juggle tons of toons than giving new people a shot.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-06-29 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    And there wouldn't be loads of players if you added a gy zerg protection. If for example 80 ppl pulled oondasta 40 died to the first beam and being unable to run back until combat was over then things would be completely different.
    Faction tagging got introduced in 5.1, did galleon and sha required any sort of coordination before then? Nope all it needed was a class in a raid group with the best tagging aoe spell.
    "Ultimately, while our server hardware is much, much more powerful than what we had in place during the days of events like the Opening of Ahn'Qiraj years ago, it still has limits. And what we have increasingly been observing was players massing around Oondasta in such great numbers that it brought servers to their knees. As word spreads that Oondasta has spawned, more and more people flock to the Isle of Giants for a piece of the action. Many people have been in Oondasta fights where spells took multiple seconds to cast, and the dinosaur perhaps stopped using its abilities entirely. Players with anything but the very best computers saw nothing but a slideshow. And in extreme cases, the entire continent of Pandaria crashed. That simply isn't an acceptable experience for our players, and so we reduced Oondasta's health, so that smaller groups are more likely to be successful, and he'll likely die before so many players arrive that it degrades the experience for everyone present. If server capacity were limitless, we wouldn't have made any of these changes, but alas that is not the case."

Strictly a server issue. Galleon and Sha were never intended to be coordinated world bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    A gating mechanism is locking people out. It's not a hard lock coded into the software but it is virtually the same in effect and for basically no reason as far as I can tell.
    No. YOU are locking yourself out. It is YOU who wont put in the effort required to reach that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    I agree with you actually, if you KNOW he's not going to drop something unique like a mount or a pet. If his loot is available elsewhere I really won't care, but Blizz still shouldn't be making such a change mid-expansion. Let us know up front an item might be required later, especially an item they specifically designed to take all through the expansion to get.

The coin analogy is wrong. You knew up front coins would be needed for an additional chance at loot.
    It was a loose analogy, albeit not the best one. The point was that it's about the effort. I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why someone(Not saying you) would care about an optional world boss if they didn't even care enough to get the legendary cloak. Obviously if you don't raid, the gear is meaningless to you.

The only two caveats I can think of are mounts/pets like you mentioned and achievement hunters. However, the people that care enough to farm tons of mounts/pet/achievements probably already have the cloak/close to it, by now. So I honestly don't see how this could affect anyone at all.

Also, this only applies to people that have been playing continously since release. Otherwise, those people are behind anyway, and regardless if you were told before or not(Which you actually are, considering this is PTR and will be awhile before it goes live) you still wouldn't have enough time to complete it.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2013-06-29 at 08:56 PM.

I don't understand why this is big issue for some. 5.2 had 2 world bosses and it's ok, if 5.4 had 4 world bosses it would be ok but when 5.4 has 4 world bosses + 1 that requires cloak sky is falling!! There is still 4 more world bosses you have and not everything is for everyone.

Whats the problem with fact that some thing require specific task to achieve.
    For example:
    -You have to be in top team to get gladiator title
    -You must kill heroic Lei-Shen for Storm's End title
    -You must kill boss first to get world first kill
    -You must have atleast 480 ilvl for ToT lfr
    -You must have legendary cloak for Ordos

If Blizzard puts something to game that is not for everyone why people demand it? Just deal with it

I can see it be changed to not requiring legendary cloak. Legendary cloak requires non-stop grinding over very extended period of time. People are largely overestimating how many players are actually grinding it, finding groups will be terrible.

Anyway, all special ideas about world bosses have failed horribly in MoP. Galleon? When he was rare, noone had any chance to see it, and on bad A/H ratio server - for some side it was harder than impossible to see Galleon. Oondasta? Zerg with 0.5 fps, low fps was the only factor making this fight hard. So it was nerfed to require less players. Now Legendary boss - this idea is worse than Galleon and Oondasta combined. You might think developers would learn from their previous design mistakes.

You will see it will be changed soon after launch, when it will be infinitely harder than impossible to find group for it on any non-Tue/Wed day.
    Honestly Attunements were good tool for guilds looking at people that apply. People willing to put in time to get attuned was usually motivated to raid which is the opposite of most recruits nowadays.
    It was exactly opposite to what you are writing before attunements were lifted. Sure, you can speak about effort to get attuned to heroics and Kz. But T5 and T6 also all required attunements, those required effort of whole guild, and thus guilds were a tools to get attunement to higher tier to switch to other guild. Attunements weren't a tool, guilds were. Guild-feeders, as they were called.

cuz getting the legendary cloak requires skill.

Oh wait..

I agree with you actually, if you KNOW he's not going to drop something unique like a mount or a pet. If his loot is available elsewhere I really won't care, but Blizz still shouldn't be making such a change mid-expansion. Let us know up front an item might be required later, especially an item they specifically designed to take all through the expansion to get.

The coin analogy is wrong. You knew up front coins would be needed for an additional chance at loot.
    What change is happening exactly? Blizzard has been experimenting with World bosses all expac. Think of it as a bonus boss for people who completed the legendary quest. Datamining has suggested that there could be 4 other world bosses, so "everyone else" will still get their fill of zerging for the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I honestly get the feeling that many of the people calling for attunements didn't actually play in Vanilla and TBC. lol
    I first started playing in tbc. I remember attunements beeing a good way of presenting a jorney to the players, imersing them into the lore of the given raid. The only problem i see with attunements is that they are verry alt unferndly.

I consider the legendary quest in mop to be a verry good tool for storytelling and it keeps players engaged with the endgame provideing the carrot on a stick for every1 to keep on farming the raids in order to stay on top of the legendary quest progresion.

There are only two aspects of this quest wich i dislike. The first beeing that it is extreamly alt unfredly and it keeps hardcore raiders from rerolling. The second thing i dislike is that the drop rate for the sigils/secrets/runestones is rng and therefore some peapole will have it verry early while some get it late w/o any diffrence in the level of comitment.

As for the requirement of the cloak in order to fight one of the new world bosses, i consider it to be a great idear. It lets the devs make the boss somewhat challangeing since they can asume ppl that will be faceing him have a bit of comitment to their characters and they will be able to handle standard mechanics (exept lfr afkers, but if they dont implement individual responsability raid wipe mechanics again, that sholdent be a issue). The other problem it solves is extreme overcrouding of the zone to the point where the boss wont even work properly, like we saw on Oondasta.

Overall i like the new mini attunement and i consider the new world boss a reward for finishing the legendary quest rather than it beeing artificialy gated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    If someone's sugar-coating it, it's a blue poster. I'm just passing the word on since you seem to be unaware of their current design philosophies for the difficulties. If you think I work for Blizzard, then those guys owe me a lot of back pay and a few Christmas bonuses that I wasn't aware I was owed.

Also, going by the front page, they're not nerfing Normal or Heroic because now you can upgrade your gear with VP, and Bloodsoaked gear will allow a chance to get upgrades on bosses you've already downed, negating the perceived need for progressive nerfs as it provides a steady stream of character progression even without new loot being given.

edit:
    I fully agree with that. Cosmetic rewards, BiS gear, Thunderforged/Bloodsoaked gear (which I think should have variant models with more bells and whistles, or particle effects the normal versions don't), perhaps NPC recognition are all things I think would and should be reserved for people who play on Heroic.

A recent interview on Wowhead with all of the Dev's said this about Flex:The second group are raiding guilds--those who are interested in finding people in game to accomplish raiding goals. For people who are struggling on some Normal modes, learning the bosses on Flex mode will help practice boss strategies and the gearing process. One of the hopes is that players forming Flex raids will go on to raid even more with those same people.

Flex also is very limited as you can only kill 2 bosses a night,actually heres the quote:Flex raid groups can kill 2 bosses, come back the next night and queue again, and then invite other people who had 0 bosses down to avoid having to kill the first 2 again.

So flex modes aren't just for pugs or family guilds, but guilds that fail at normal modes.

I'd assume Ordos would drop some kind of mount. I mean the current 4 world bosses all drop possible mounts. I could be wrong, but it's very logical looking at the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna receive hate from certain people, gotta love them haha.

Think it's a very good idea, a world boss with less idiots around.

He must drop some pretty good gear as well.

A recent interview on Wowhead with all of the Dev's said this about Flex:The second group are raiding guilds--those who are interested in finding people in game to accomplish raiding goals. For people who are struggling on some Normal modes, learning the bosses on Flex mode will help practice boss strategies and the gearing process. One of the hopes is that players forming Flex raids will go on to raid even more with those same people.

Flex also is very limited as you can only kill 2 bosses a night,actually heres the quote:Flex raid groups can kill 2 bosses, come back the next night and queue again, and then invite other people who had 0 bosses down to avoid having to kill the first 2 again.

So flex modes aren't just for pugs or family guilds, but guilds that fail at normal modes.
    That quote doesn't say you can only kill 2 bosses a night. That's about not having to reclear bosses for people that you pick up along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    That quote doesn't say you can only kill 2 bosses a night. That's about not having to reclear bosses for people that you pick up along the way.
    Flex raid groups can kill 2 bosses a night, come back the next night and queue again, and then invite other people who had 0 bosses down to avoid having to kill the first 2 again. This is just a workaround to a technical limitation that will hopefully be fixed in the future. GC also tweeted the same thing yesterday on Flex. He actually expects guilds to only clear one boss a week, his post not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I have 3. Secrets, not Runestones. My guild raid pretty much blew up so I'd have to grind LFR for 17 Secrets and 20 Runestones. Screw that.
    So you don't think people should even have to do LFR to get it? How lazy are you? A full run is 4 hours max if you run it Tuesday or Wednesday. Talk about entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    A gating mechanism is locking people out. It's not a hard lock coded into the software but it is virtually the same in effect and for basically no reason as far as I can tell.
    You've pulled Oondasta on a high-pop realm, right? It's a giant lol-fest clusterfuck of stupidity until we finally zerg him to death. Gating is a FAR superior solution compared to leaving it the way Oon was. Granted, Oon's mechanics were pretty much as anti-world boss as you can get. Like... instagib frontal cone? Instagib bouncing beam with 200 people within 50 yards of him? Terrible planning on their part.

Flex raid groups can kill 2 bosses a night, come back the next night and queue again, and then invite other people who had 0 bosses down to avoid having to kill the first 2 again. This is just a workaround to a technical limitation that will hopefully be fixed in the future. GC also tweeted the same thing yesterday on Flex. He actually expects guilds to only clear one boss a week, his post not mine.
    I'm not sure what your point is. You restated yourself, but the fact still remains that he's referring to the fact that you can invite more people and not have to go back and clear the bosses you already cleared, just so they can progress with you.