Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    both of which can be solved by putting more warm bodies into the areas they are needed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Somehow I guess my initial post was too much of a wall of text.

Anyway, to your questions. No, single players can´t get adds by diffusion chain because diffusion chain has to at least hit two players. Even if they would spawn those small adds, they hit like wet noodles, especially on tanks.
    Regarding Overcharge, when this ability occurs there is no reason to spread. If you are handling the southern conduit just stay stacked behind the boss, because, why not? And if you are handling Overcharges in the intermission, just stack up, wait for it to go off, spread out again. Just make sure not to be hit by the neighbour´s platform´s overcharge.
    I am a bit confused what you mean by "the damage is so great that we never make it to the 4th pillar to start charging up", because you are talking about the intermission, right? Pillars use their ability simultanously and randomly. There is no real order. Anyway, I´d suggest you take the 2-3-3-2 strategy. 2 tanks, healer-DD-DD, healer-DD-DD and DD-DD. Make sure the platform with the two DDs has two plyers on it who can solo soak stuff. Rogues, Hunters, Mages, Paladins, Warlocks who know their cooldowns. Healers should be focussing on their plattform. tanks won´t need heal and the two DDs rarely if they use their cooldowns correctly.
    During phase 1 we are able to get into intermission before he even gets to the north side, starting on the east side.

I'll make sure that we indeed do run to stack for the Overcharge. I think our problem was that we were staying spread out, but too far spread out instead of just enough for Diffusion Chain. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Tell the tanks to man up. worst case they get 2 adds and they can blow every CD they have because the damage outside of intermissions is laughable.

You need to stack on the person that gets overcharged. That's the whole point. You can't run faster than it and if you get stunned in it you will miss the next abilities.
    That's what I figured, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a weird "cheese" outrun strategy going on.

Really I think we just need to work on our positioning more to make it easier to stack and spread w/o taking too much damage.

The tanks were complaining about non-stop adds spawning. Which I'm totally confused about since if 2 come to their platform, they have to stop 1, let 1 go, then pick up the remaining 1 to just get 1 add. >< Considering how long it took them to understand the tank swap and platform swap...

Anyways, thanks for the responses you guys.

imo get rid of diffusion chains. that can be the biggest trouble causer, and it makes life easier on the second transition when people only need to unstack for swirilies.

as for groups in transition we go...

group 1 - 2 dps healer
    group 2 - 2 dps healer
    group 3 - either 2 dps or 1 dps and 1 healer.....depends if we 3 heal or 2 heal (usually rogue priest combo)
    group 4 - 2 tanks

second transition groups

group 1 - 3 dps 1 healer
    group 2 - 2dps 2 healer (or 3 dps and 1 healer...depends if we 3 heal or 2 heal
    group 3 - 2 tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akial View Post
    I think u should go with 2 healers if they are good enough so u don't lack dps, and the boss will die faster, u just really need to do nice soaking and nice aoe dps when balls is coming, if u can stun them just do it so u don't get aoe damage, I think the platform u start on normal mode doesn't need to be a specific one, like u know there is a achievement to do on 4 platforms, so just focus on one of them that you started already and everything will be fine hopefully.
    spread for balls -> stack to aoe / aoe stun -> spread instantly for lightning on the ground.
    stacking means all the balls go down real fast so people can focus lei shen quicker than chasing balls around that aren't getting stunned, all of em in aoe is so lovely. (you should be able to aoe-kill balls long before thunderstruck)

stun balls last phase, have one person with a stun up call it before balls come out so multiple ppl don't use cd's
    this reduces a LOT of damage and makes 2 healing a bit easier. even if 3 healing, bring a disc or WW and have fistweave / atonement heal...which you don't have in your setups so heh...

remember to absorb static shock from max range (no stacking) and only stack on the stun nova person right before it explodes..this prevents quiet a few of diffusion adds that will aoe / chain lightning on melee hit (also makes balls easier if just entering P2 - less chain lightning adds up during that less raid damage.)

prot pala's self heals, he can take a side for himself, bubble static if he gets 2 bouncing on his side, get in one, and then take add and interrupt the other when it re-bounces... this leaves 9 people for the other 3 sides a nice even number for splitting static / interrupting bouncing
    Quote Originally Posted by morph757 View Post
    group 1 - 2 dps healer
    group 2 - 2 dps healer
    group 3 - either 2 dps or 1 dps and 1 healer.....depends if we 3 heal or 2 heal (usually rogue priest combo)
    group 4 - 2 tanks
    We do one tank on one side, other tank on other side, taunting side groups, prot pala's self heals are amazing and bubble static is nice as well with both tanks on one side we found out any of the small chain lightning adds that spawn weren't working well
    so healer on opposite sides, then 2 dps per healer, then prot pala solo, then other tank with other 2 dps opposite pala, all adds can be picked up in short order,(stick the tank-2dps group with dps that have decent-good damage reduc, rogue feint / cloak / self heals etc, and if need be a healer can stick between both groups and spam heals.

static having 0 energy is lovely, lots less damage it's doing, tank can use his raid cd on solo group if need be though if you are 3 healing then it doesn't matter stick a healer in each of the 3 groups then prot pala hopefully knowing what to do

last phase, have tanks swap as soon as their debuff falls off(it stacks FAST and hurts on reg)should be ~20 stacks
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-07-12 at 05:37 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

My guild actually had trouble on this fight even after our first initial kills. A few tips I may give is make sure to 2 heal it. Groups should be: 1 Tank | 1 Tank | 1 Heal 3 DPS | 1 Heal 3 DPS sounds weird but it works. Your tanks will need to tank a Bouncing Bolt add as obviously they cant get 2 bolts far a part. From there we had Tank A on the conduit we were first disabling this way for second transition both tanks could be in a quadrant together insuring no adds spawned. We also hero'd going into Phase 2 to insure we did not have to level any conduits. For our first kill(s) we disabled Diffusion and Static Shock. At first we also tried just leveling Static Shock and this is how we got our first kill and saved Hero for phase 3 but everything went a lot smoother. Good luck getting your kill if you have not already!