Legendary cloak upgrade

So, I am a BrM Monk, probably 2-3 weeks off getting my cloak (have had ATROCIOUS luck) the and one of my raid members have pointed out to me, that if I take the agility dps cloak (as that seems to be the far better choice for us) when it comes to getting the legendary proc/upgrade for it, I will only be able to put the dps upgrade on it.

Can anyone confirm/disprove this being the fact? The proc for the tanking upgrade seems REALLY good, and is certainly the choice I think I would want going forward, but I am wondering if I will have to take it at the loss of some more useful stats. I know I will be able to buy a replacement later on, but if I can get away with not doing so that would be nice.

As a side note, big props to the monk community here, has really been a great place to see intelligent discussion this expansion.

I believe you can choose the proc when you are about to turn in the quest, just like with the actual Legendary cloak quest, even if you did the Healing challenge, you could still choose the Str Melee DPS cloak if you wanted to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I believe you can choose the proc when you are about to turn in the quest, just like with the actual Legendary cloak quest, even if you did the Healing challenge, you could still choose the Str Melee DPS cloak if you wanted to.
    That's not what he was asking.

On Topic: Noone knows for sure how the cloak upgrades are handled in 5.4. Could be an enchant you apply to your cloak or just be a new cloak (with you having to "turn in" your current one). As a MW I hope it's the former but fear the latter is more likely

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    That's not what he was asking.

On Topic: Noone knows for sure how the cloak upgrades are handled in 5.4. Could be an enchant you apply to your cloak or just be a new cloak (with you having to "turn in" your current one). As a MW I hope it's the former but fear the latter is more likely
    This is my concern, am very curious to see how they handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why it would be a problem. Sure no one knows how it's going to play out yet, but as of now you can buy the DPS one, and later on just purchase the tank one if need be. I certainly bought the caster DPS one since the stats are just so much better.

It's too early to know for sure. Wait until future PTR builds; once we know, you'll all know (assuming you keep up with the relevant threads ).

At the end of the day, a few thousand gold isn't a big deal these days, so it's easy enough to swap if need be.

Yeah, you guys are probably right, best off going for the dps one till we know more. Given my runestone drop rate (have only gotten more than one once) I might have to wait till the next tier anyway!