Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Déjà vu... I think I've seen this thread every month. No thanks. I like rogues the way they are--though of course we need quite a bit of work. Ranged rogues are, indeed, hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    its was nerfed because it cost half the energy for the same dmg as a melee ability so there was no reason to get close
    It still does full damage for your melee autoattacks. They doubled the energy cost but they also doubled the damage. The real "nerf" was actually to make it a lot harder to spam DT for constant spell interrupts. THAT was the OP part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It still does full damage for your melee autoattacks. They doubled the energy cost but they also doubled the damage. The real "nerf" was actually to make it a lot harder to spam DT for constant spell interrupts. THAT was the OP part.
    "Shuriken Toss now causes the Rogue to throw ranged shurikens coated in Lethal Poison and auto-attack at 75% damage (was 80%) for up to 10 seconds if the enemy is farther than 10 yards away."

Damage was doubled if your far enough away before rogues were using it everywhere. and no the ranged isnt full auto-attack dmg

Can you explain why rogues need a ranged spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    and no the ranged isnt full auto-attack dmg
    actually, that ranged auto attack works out to be more damage the majority of the time because it uses the yellow hit table instead of the melee hit table.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... No. If Rogues could be ranged, there'd be no real way to balance them versus their melee spec. If the Ranged spec does less damage, nobody will use it. If the ranged spec does equal damage, the melee specs would be useless (ranged >>>>>>>>>>>> melee to any competent raid leader).
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    A range spec would be cool, but I'd prefer one that used Shurikens instead. I enjoy Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw, and it'd be cool if they built off that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    actually, that ranged auto attack works out to be more damage the majority of the time because it uses the yellow hit table instead of the melee hit table.
    just tested this on dummies. from my personal trial i missed more with the range auto-attack as well as using just hemo and evis for melee until i had 100 auto-attacks i did about 2m more dmg than 100 shuriken/oh and deadly throws

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    I think it's mostly that the difference between the rogue specs might be the least notable compared to all other classes. Hunters are the only ones that are close and at least BM and Surv feel different. Combat, Assassination and Subtlety all just feel so damn similar. It doesn't help that we have damn near 0 choice between our talents that aren't very fun to begin with.

I like to be a pure melee dps. I rolled rogue exactly for that.

Back in the days the idea of combat possibly becoming a tank spec was plausible. Now with Monks another agi leather tank spec is useless. Also, ranged spec doen't fit the rogue theme at all.

I'd prefer to see our spec to have different and peculiar playstyles instead of having a "reworked" and not fitting "new spec".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This is the most retarded idea i read in a long time on this site.

The fact that they gave rogues that moronic ranged spell is already over the top.. Getting annihilated while a rogue stands in his bomb. Fuck off.

infracted: flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-07-02 at 05:49 PM.

Yes i would prefer ranged spec for rogues than a tank spec. In fact it would be cool to dual wield pistols ;D Poisons and "shadow stuff" isn't that far from rogue... "lore"?
    In RIFT for instance you can play something between hunter and rogue from WoW. When ppl mention an Archer they often assume it would/could be 4th hunter spec, while in reality it would play out better for rogues, as hunters are at the end of they day still stronly connected to nature/wilderness/pets and such while rogue does not.

PLUS we really could use more purpose for ranged weapons other than only one class that is huntard class, back in they day rogues/warriors could wield them ass well for "stat-stick" just as hunters used melee weapons- but it would be cool for other class to use these items.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    In fact it would be cool to dual wield pistols ;D
    *cough* Guild Wars 2 *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    PLUS we really could use more purpose for ranged weapons other than only one class that is huntard class, back in they day rogues/warriors could wield them ass well for "stat-stick" just as hunters used melee weapons- but it would be cool for other class to use these items.
    Yeah it's pretty lame that ranged weapons are restricted to one class (and daggers aswell) while all other weapons can be used by at least 2 classes...

It is amusing how closed minded people are ... change = fear I suppose. In the world of fantasy/rpg, ranged rogues are not that bad ... so people throwing around words like 'retarded' (courtesy of wickedbastard); or saying they'd just be a petless hunter are very narrow minded. Are mages only petless locks? Priests as well? Are rogues just leather wearing warriors? Closed minds are bad for creativity and ingenuity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    I'm not opposed to the concept, as long as the above quote is the front and center of the discussion. "It would be cool" is not a raison d'être either. What gap in the game would this fill, and why is that gap attractive?

Deleted
    the whole rogue class needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    I'm not opposed to the concept, as long as the above quote is the front and center of the discussion. "It would be cool" is not a raison d'être either. What gap in the game would this fill, and why is that gap attractive?
    See, your Stance is the actual Problem with Class Design in most RPG's i encounter today. There is no "Gap". It doesn't need to be artificially made "attractive" via weird mechanic's (lol @ old Blade Flurry). How about making Specs attractive as in catering to different Playstyles? Hybrids have it easy, they offer different Experiences via Roles. Pures dont have that luxury, they purely offer some Flavour, leading to the all-time-high FotM. Problem is, Flavour needs to be strong and appealing, to lure People.

The Question should be, why did you choose your Class: Archetype? Maybe not. Maybe because you think certain Class Mechanics are most suited for you. It isn't Black and White, maybe both. Specs are there for Flavour. You don't get Flavour by just asking what the most important ingredients are, throwing them in the pot and be done with it.

So maybe, just maybe there are People who like the Rogue-Archetype, but also like throwing Knifes. They don't like Hippies with Cats, aka Hunters.
    Maybe they would enjoy the Flavour of a ranged Rogue. Maybe one physical ranged DPS Class isnt enough to cover all those Fantasy-Archetypes, as it certainly isn't the case with Casters.
    Would that be what's required for Boss-Mechanics? Don't know. Would that be fun to play? Certainly, for me at least.

At the moment, Rogue fails to deliver Flavour in any way.
    We may be rich in Carbs, Vitamins and Proteins. But our Specs taste like Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day, it would be a great concept... throwing knives covered in poison isn't out of the realms of reality for a ninja type character
    this 5 million times, there's just nothing cooler

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    See, your Stance is the actual Problem with Class Design in most RPG's i encounter today. There is no "Gap". It doesn't need to be artificially made "attractive" via weird mechanic's (lol @ old Blade Flurry). How about making Specs attractive as in catering to different Playstyles? Hybrids have it easy, they offer different Experiences via Roles. Pures dont have that luxury, they purely offer some Flavour, leading to the all-time-high FotM. Problem is, Flavour needs to be strong and appealing, to lure People.
    I just feel that flavour is tied to uniqueness. Part of the complaints against rogue specs is that they all feel the same - they don't have enough flavour. Inventing spec number 35 might not create more flavour, but less, if it is not something unique. What would be the difference between rogues with bows/guns and hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Why would I want to play a hunter who wears leather and doesn't have a pet?
    Why would you play a DK instead of a warrior? It's all about options. A ranged rogue with stealth and combopoints without a pet, sounds very interesting. Besides the fact that hunters look like garbage.