Poll: Should NATO become a global defense alliance

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should NATO become a global alliance of democratic states?

For some time now I have been considering transforming the North Atlantic Treaty Organization into a global alliance of free and democratic states. Currently only countries in North America and Europe are eligible for membership. However there are many exceptions to this clause already, with countries that are not connected to the North Atlantic (or even predominately in Asia) becoming members, such as Turkey and the former Warsaw Pact states. Several countries outside of Europe have been trying to join, such as Colombia and Georgia (though some argue Georgia is in Europe).

Do you believe NATO should become a global defense alliance for free states and free peoples around the world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    For some time now I have been considering transforming the North Atlantic Treaty Organization into a global alliance of free and democratic states.
    Damn, are you Anders Fogh Rasmussen or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Damn, are you Anders Fogh Rasmussen or something?
    I never said that I could single-handedly implement such a policy.

Deleted
    HE RETURNS!!! Lets see how long he lasts this time.

Deleted
    I never said that I could single-handedly implement such a policy.
    You kind of imply that in what I quoted.

Would need extreme measures to make sure the USA doesn't control things. Or just don't accept the USA into it. I support that.

I think we need to dissolve NATO... I mean... there's no Cold War anymore.

I support the complete removal of the UN. What a bloated piece of crap it has turned into. Personally, I would LOVE if the USA stepped away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    I think we need to dissolve NATO... I mean... there's no Cold War anymore.
    Or it could be repurposed, since a lot of infrastructure is there

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I support the complete removal of the UN. What a bloated piece of crap it has turned into. Personally, I would LOVE if the USA stepped away.
    Yeah this is a thread about NATO and not the UN

I oppose the United Nations as well, but NATO has nothing to do with the United Nations.

Edit: Ninja'd by Quetzl

Deleted
    I would rather keep NATO as a military alliance then turn it into the UN or the EU. Those things already don't function very well, there's no reason why we should want to make another version.

Look at the world before the UN! Conquests, bloody wars, genocides. More then we have now!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Look at the world before the UN! Conquests, bloody wars, genocides. More then we have now!
    Look at the world before American hegemony! Conquests, bloody wars, genocides. More than we have now!

Look at the world before nuclear weapons! Conquests, bloody wars, genocides. More than we have now!

Look at the world before Israel! Conquests, bloody wars, genocides. More than we have now!

You could say that about any number of things. How much has the United Nations actually "helped?" Especially seeing how Communist China wasn't even a member of the Security Council until the late 1970s and the Soviet Union boycotted the United Nations for years.

Strange.. Cuz unlike Nato, UN actually serves its purpose. Do you not like because US does not have complete control over it or something?

I would like it better if it was called the Global Defense Initiative.

And if it had its headquarters in space, and deployed military forces via planetary drops.

I would pay as much as 2%, maybe even 3%, more income tax to make this real.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Or it could be repurposed, since a lot of infrastructure is there
    It's already been re-purposed. It's now a globalist war machine, a World Army. NATO should have been disbanded the moment the Cold War was over.

Quote Originally Posted by wowsucks View Post
    Strange.. Cuz unlike Nato, UN actually serves its purpose. Do you not like because US does not have complete control over it or something?
    Because the UN is a corrupt, undemocratic organization that opposes civil liberties.

fine but any member of the alliance may not spy on others. *cough* USA

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    fine but any member of the alliance may not spy on others. *cough* USA
    Deal! We don't want Obama spying on you anyway.

Deal! We don't want Obama spying on you anyway.
    Didn't know Obama was the head of NSA