Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New 5.4 Trinkets also set nerfs.

So from a brewmaster POV Im feeling a little bit meh our 2pc was nerfed but a bit from 15% per shield you make to a sad little 8% less than 1/10th of an already not to big and sometimes random shield your getting. At the moment in not taking 2pc or probably 4pc until its at risk of being thrown away. The mistweaver set was little well you know. Chi bolts flying EVERYWHERE in PTR raids and they were just crazy. Cant say I mind this but as I dont play mistweaver it seems like they will be sour to the thought of a nerf on their set bonus also. So the trinkets. We all know RORO is BIS for WW (*UNLESS CHANGED*) for all of MOP. The haste and cleave trinket looks interesing useless on maybe some fights where no adds are up or cleave able but OK for a trinket. Not loving that haste for BRM but what can you do. Its just the T15 TOT trinkets were cool they had nice procs with the RPPM element being new made it all nice and shiny. Please read I know its very early build and this is all just a basic build for trinkets but im not super pumped about the new trinkets and also small Set bonus nerf for BrM/MW.

Edit: the WW 2pc I think it was did get a buff to 50% if im right that seems little OP considering you can get many procs but still a good buff for getting a 2pc

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    So from a brewmaster POV Im feeling a little bit meh our 2pc was nerfed but a bit from 15% per shield you make to a sad little 8% less than 1/10th of an already not to big and sometimes random shield your getting. At the moment in not taking 2pc or probably 4pc until its at risk of being thrown away. The mistweaver set was little well you know. Chi bolts flying EVERYWHERE in PTR raids and they were just crazy. Cant say I mind this but as I dont play mistweaver it seems like they will be sour to the thought of a nerf on their set bonus also. So the trinkets. We all know RORO is BIS for WW (*UNLESS CHANGED*) for all of MOP. The haste and cleave trinket looks interesing useless on maybe some fights where no adds are up or cleave able but OK for a trinket. Not loving that haste for BRM but what can you do. Its just the T15 TOT trinkets were cool they had nice procs with the RPPM element being new made it all nice and shiny. Please read I know its very early build and this is all just a basic build for trinkets but im not super pumped about the new trinkets and also small Set bonus nerf for BrM/MW.

Edit: the WW 2pc I think it was did get a buff to 50% if im right that seems little OP considering you can get many procs but still a good buff for getting a 2pc
    did you miss the tank trinket? 40% recduced cd to 6 abilities. we will have to see what they are but if keg smash is one of those abilities that trinket is BISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS by far. could you image how dumb keg smash would be on a 5 sec cd?

TBH while 40% reduced CD is really nice, so is the lifesteal one. Kinda OP if you ask me. Imagine those gimmick fights where we do over 500k DPS. That's 15k health EVERY SECOND just from that trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster's Readiness Spell is this:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145967-readiness

This reduces the cooldown of:

Transcendence: Transfer
    Zen Meditation
    Avert Harm
    Guard
    Fortifying Brew
    Clash

Keep in mind this is still early in the PTR so things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post

Zen Meditation
    Avert Harm
    Guard
    Fortifying Brew
    Clash

yep found that out later. was hoping for actual rotational abilites to increase chi gen. Instead its shit. and also if you look in the datamined they all say 17% not 39% so if its 17% all the trinkets are complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post

Zen Meditation
    Avert Harm
    Guard
    Fortifying Brew
    Clash

Transcendence: Transfer - I use it on Dark Animus, and once on Iron Qon. That is it. I haven't used it on any other boss this tier. Could I use it on Lei Shen for intermissions? Yes, but it isn't needed so don't bother.

Zen Med - Decent to remove the CD. I would use it, but again it isn't game breaking.
    Avert Harm - Very situational, rarely used and again not gamebreaking.
    Guard - Would definitely use.
    Fort brew - Again, definitely use.
    Clash - This isn't even on my bars or keybound. I don't think I have even used the spell ever in the history of my monk tbh. I didn't use it when I leveled since I instant monked myself to 80, powerleveled to 85 and then did instance/mob grinds to 90. Once I hit 90, never used it either.

Pointless. Curious, what do Paladins get?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Since I'm pretty sure you mean Protection Paladins, here's what they get reduced cooldown on:

Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Avenging Wrath
    Ardent Defender
    Devotion Aura
    Divine Protection
    Divine Shield

Link if anyone wants to check for themselves.

-Sigh- more overpowered trinkets I have to run Flex and LFR for.

Windwalker one is absolute garbage though. It doesn't reduce RSK cooldown.

Code:
    Zen Meditation
    Energizing Brew
    Fortifying Brew
    Flying Serpent Kick
    Fists of Fury
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145968-readiness
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-06-28 at 12:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archknight View Post
    Since I'm pretty sure you mean Protection Paladins, here's what they get reduced cooldown on:

Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Avenging Wrath
    Ardent Defender
    Devotion Aura
    Divine Protection
    Divine Shield

Link if anyone wants to check for themselves.
    el oh el...

like really, paladin with the 4p going to be so strong next tier
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I am seriously considering organizing a sit in if only people would get on board. We did this back in Everquest when they totally screwed up Warriors. Basically, we had a pretty large community, and we sat in EC and refused to do any content for raids, dungeons, etc until they fixed our class. It was pretty popular and we got a lot of other class support. 2 days into it, GMs and Devs actually visited with us, turned it into an event and within 2 patches most of the issues were addressed.

Imagine all the tanks that are non-paladins in every raiding guild would just not raid anymore. Would be a pretty powerful thing and maybe someone in their dev team would realize that other tanks need some love. I personally would like to see Warriors, Druids, and DK's be brought in line close to our damage, and utilities, and for the love of fucking all good things in the world, get rid of Boppable abilities in boss encounters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I am seriously considering organizing a sit in if only people would get on board. We did this back in Everquest when they totally screwed up Warriors. Basically, we had a pretty large community, and we sat in EC and refused to do any content for raids, dungeons, etc until they fixed our class. It was pretty popular and we got a lot of other class support. 2 days into it, GMs and Devs actually visited with us, turned it into an event and within 2 patches most of the issues were addressed.

Imagine all the tanks that are non-paladins in every raiding guild would just not raid anymore. Would be a pretty powerful thing and maybe someone in their dev team would realize that other tanks need some love. I personally would like to see Warriors, Druids, and DK's be brought in line close to our damage, and utilities, and for the love of fucking all good things in the world, get rid of Boppable abilities in boss encounters.
    would be nice to see, but i just don't think the WoW community is as strong as the EQ community was. I'd sit around with you though dude. would like to see warriors more viable then they are for sure, and paladin's not get stronger this tier.

would mind doing an alliance sit in for racial changes now that i think of it lol. with all the talk i've been having with some of the top alliance guilds i wouldn't be surprised if i could get something going.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Anyone know how to find the mistweaver set of abilities?
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedave View Post
    Anyone know how to find the mistweaver set of abilities?

Zen Meditation

Revival

Thunder Focus Tea

Life Cocoon

Fortifying Brew

For real? So we get:

• Transcendence: Transfer
    • Zen Meditation
    • Avert Harm
    • Guard
    • Fortifying Brew
    • Clash

And prot paladins get

• Guardian of Ancient Kings
    • Avenging Wrath
    • Ardent Defender
    • Devotion Aura
    • Divine Protection
    • Divine Shield

I mean... now that they got a flat 50% reduced CD on Divine Protection, if this trinket works on base CD they are getting a 20% reduction CD for 10 seconds on a 23 second CD. Fill the gap with SoTR and you're good to go.

Same deal with Avenging Wrath 3 min CD, 2 with Avenging Wrath, 53 seconds with this. 20 seconds each 53 with 20% increase on damage done, not to mention increased holy power generation.

And we get... is there actually ANYTHING on that list that get used on CD? Maybe guard for some fights? but i tend to save it for some special, so reduced CD does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played on one of EQ's 3 original PVP servers I can see how this was effective in that game (which I always thought the community was very interesting) but it's just to distorted and splintered in WoW to work imo.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post

Zen Meditation

Revival

Thunder Focus Tea

Life Cocoon

Fortifying Brew
    I'll take it!

Honestly, if it reduced ReM, it'd be way too OP.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

I personally would like to see Warriors, Druids, and DK's be brought in line close to our damage, and utilities, and for the love of fucking all good things in the world, get rid of Boppable abilities in boss encounters.
    I don't know how you boost warrior/DK damage numbers to be close to BrM numbers without getting rid of dodge/parry as stats and reworking class mechanics. The riposte stuff is a bandaid over the problem, BrM/paladins spend resources on damaging abilities that create our active mitigation. Druids and warriors spend their resources on mitigation abilities that cause no damage. DK's damage causing active mitigation is limited by rune cooldowns and the reactive nature of Death Strike's blood shield.

I would love to see my warrior co-tank pull 100k dps single target, but I just don't think that's realistically possible with current mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I don't know how you boost warrior/DK damage numbers to be close to BrM numbers without getting rid of dodge/parry as stats and reworking class mechanics. The riposte stuff is a bandaid over the problem, BrM/paladins spend resources on damaging abilities that create our active mitigation. Druids and warriors spend their resources on mitigation abilities that cause no damage. DK's damage causing active mitigation is limited by rune cooldowns and the reactive nature of Death Strike's blood shield.

I would love to see my warrior co-tank pull 100k dps single target, but I just don't think that's realistically possible with current mechanics.
    It is if they get rid of dodge/parry as a whole and make stats like Haste/Crit fill in those gaps. Then it serves two purposes, damage and mitigation.

Haste = Dodge
    Crit = Parry
    Mastery = whatever they want mastery to be.

There are things they can incorporate, but they are either too lazy, or too stubborn to implement.

My bet is, they don't want to do something so drastic this late in the expansion. I expect we'll see big changes with 6.0 patch for warrior/druid/DK tanks and their mitigation stats.

I also wonder if we'll see stats like hit and expertise go by the wayside...

10+ Year Old Account

You serious?

Says the monk tank. Really if I were a warrior I'd be a little bit insulted to see monks complaining about wanting to get buffed up to Paladins. You may not have it as good as the overpowered paladins, but you're only so far removed when the other tanks are just an entirely different league.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.