Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    1. We don't know if Thrall dies yet or not.
    2. Even if he does we don't know that thrall in any way 'enables' us to beat Garrosh.
    If we lose both Thrall and Garrosh there will be 0 major Orc characters...............
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    He gets supercharged but he doesn't turn into a god, I see no reason we can't kill an orc powered up by an old god.
    Well, to kill an Aspect powered by an Old God they needed a deus ex machina to kill him. So why should Garrosh be possible without it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    If we lose both Thrall and Garrosh there will be 0 major Orc characters...............
    That is why I say keep both. I hate it that the Orcs lost pretty much all heroes after Warcraft 2. I had hopes for Garrosh when they first introduced him in TBC, and now they kill him off. Seems like Blizzard wants the Orcish race to be solely comprised of Thrall. How boring is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    thats what I've been saying too. Nazgrim will die, Saurfang isn't even making an appearance in the raid, unless he appears at the end, rexxar doesn't care about politics. Orcs really have little left, and given they haven't developed any other orc character in mists (who isn't becoming a boss fight in SoO)... well, as you say.
    #boycottchina

Thrall wont die, Orcs have no real replacement other then him.
    Some other faction leader could step up and take over the role but nah.
    I could see some Horde (or even Alliance) lore character biting the bullet to save Thrall at their own expense but i doubt Blizzard will kill off 2 Orc leaders in one fight.

Thrall will finish of Garrosh, that would complete that story.
    Thrall assigned him as Warchief while others had their doubts, then defended his choice when confronted with this doubt so anything else then Thrall cleaning up his 'mistake' would be a letdown.
    Varian taking the ultimate sacrifice to allow Thrall to finish Garrosh would be a great ending tho.
    Jaina might be an even greater storyplot but i doubt blizzard is ready to pull that switch just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took Ra-Den and probably a whole ton of Mogu under his command to kill Y'shaarj. Lei Shen subdued Ra-Den, stealing his power and we killed Lei Shen fine (we even went and beat up Ra-Den a little bit too). We'll probably be able to handle Garrosh after siphoning whatever power there is in the recently rejuvenated heart of a Y'shaarj. Garrosh is pretty much an untapped Cho'gall without the Warlock powers, and we had no trouble killing him - we weren't even fighting through the Bastion of Twilight with a bunch of powerful faction leaders either.

The levels of power are all over the place, but yeah I'm sure we'll be fine. Garrosh'll take just enough of that eldrtich energy to be challenging but not enough to win.

Why do you all assume Blizz can't make another Orc hero out of thin air?

They stated they can make freaking continents out of thin air if they want to, with new lore for them, so I assume that an Orc wouldn't be nearly as hard then.

Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Powerful NPC comes in and KB snipes us, just like the last 2.
    snipes? without the dragon soul deathwing wouldn't of hidden and ran from the alliance ship he would of burnt it to a crisp and eaten us whole and summoned the cataclysm.

15+ Year Old Account
    5 Words: The Might of Kalimdor 2.0

The Horde and Alliance has stood against and Old God before, he will fall like any other.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said, it's possible the journal is incomplete, but considering they're already doing raid testing I would guess that the plans for the encounters are already ironed out even if they're not all being tested yet.
    Yet I don't see how the journal has anything to do with anything. The lore characters can still help the players no matter what the ability-book says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That is why I say keep both. I hate it that the Orcs lost pretty much all heroes after Warcraft 2. I had hopes for Garrosh when they first introduced him in TBC, and now they kill him off. Seems like Blizzard wants the Orcish race to be solely comprised of Thrall. How boring is that.
    I still don't think Garrosh dies. No one ever at Blizzard stated that he is going to be killed. Only defeated. And it would even work that when we kill Garrosh while he is influenced by the Sha of Pride, cleansing him also removes the excess pride in him, making him a likeable character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I have been thinking, when we are fighting Garrosh at the end of the raid, how do us alone, being Alliance and Horde even together, stand chance against an Old God powered Garrosh? From what I have been reading, near the end of the encounter he absorbs all of Y'Shaarj's power(Correct me if I'm wrong), so how are we powerful enough to defeat him? It took an army of Titans to kill Y'Shaarj so how can just a small group of mortal soldiers kill it again? Is it just a fraction of his power?
    So, in your opinion "banishing" Kil Jaeden, killing Illidan, killing Lich King, Ragnaros, and an Old God - corrupted Aspect is perfectly within reason, but you draw the line at killing a corrupted mortal orc?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tirion did the only meaningful thing in that fight, breaking Frostmourne. The LK toyed with us then killed us when he was done playing around. Then, in that moment of desperation, he was able to muster the strength to escape. Without Tirion the Lich King would have won, where as we coudl have just been anybody all we served was to get killed.
    Without us Tirion would still be an icicle right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Even the most powerful lore character we know does not have the power to defeat a fully functional Old God. The only reason why we even got near both Yogg'Saron and C'Thun is because they were at merely a fraction of their power, otherwise Azeroth would of already been destroyed.
    I think Medivh could have. Malfurion probably could at least wound one, other then that cant think of anyone else. The aspects at full strength may have as well.

BATMAN PWNS ALL. And on the issue of Orc characters, isn't there a certain half-half-halfling Orc running around with the Guardian's blood in his veins or has Blizzard retconned him too?

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way we defeated other Old Gods, Arthas, Illidan, Kil'Jaeden, Deathwing...I can keep going. Spoiler is we don't do it we are just there.

Also, I'd bet money thrall's son has a temporal/bronze drake accident and is new orcy hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Yet I don't see how the journal has anything to do with anything. The lore characters can still help the players no matter what the ability-book says.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't think Garrosh dies. No one ever at Blizzard stated that he is going to be killed. Only defeated. And it would even work that when we kill Garrosh while he is influenced by the Sha of Pride, cleansing him also removes the excess pride in him, making him a likeable character.
    GARROSH IS NOT CORRUPTED BY THE SHA OF PRIDE. For ****s sake, they have confirmed this via tweets that Garrosh is fully in control of his own actions, he is weaponizing the sha not controlled by it, and it's not even the sha of pride but the heart of Y'shaarj he uses to get a power boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    GARROSH IS NOT CORRUPTED BY THE SHA OF PRIDE. For ****s sake, they have confirmed this via tweets that Garrosh is fully in control of his own actions, he is weaponizing the sha not controlled by it, and it's not even the sha of pride but the heart of Y'shaarj he uses to get a power boost.
    Ok. Then he will be defeated and he will still be full of himself. Fine. Then he just is an asshole without the title of warchief. I don't care. I would've believed you the same even without curse words and caps though.

More edit: I just think it's stupid then that if he has nothing to do with the Sha of Pride, that he actually looks like that he is fused with the Sha of Pride and not some other thing. Guess it's just a bad model then. And when I say "corrupted by Sha" it doesn't necesseraly mean that he isn't in control of himself. Perhaps it's just me and my minor understanding of anything.
    Last edited by Kilpi; 2013-07-03 at 02:16 AM.

What makes you think he's going to survive this? Neither faction has a reason to spare him.

You all know Gamon is gonna raise for the 1,000,000,000th time, stroll in and own Garrosh's face, dont pretend you dont
    you are not your class,
    you are not how much gold you have in the bank
    you're not the mount you ride,
    you're not the contents of your bags,
    You're not your f***ing epics
    you're the all singing all dancing crap of the world....of warcraft