Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    And i was even liking you... until now !
    Yeah I agree, all most people in here did was explain how the dps challenge is no harder then the tanking one, and that the OP just didn't give it a fair shot. So his saying of take the easier challenge compared to the harder one is just a show of his lack of melee dps capabilities. Yes he will get the cloak, everyone will whom follows the quests so big whoop, apparently something after the cloak is kinda important also, i'll try to find the blue post on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    And i was even liking you... until now !
    Awww

Yeah I agree, all most people in here did was explain how the dps challenge is no harder then the tanking one, and that the OP just didn't give it a fair shot.
    Pretty sure it also included name-calling and "go back to LFR" (which yes, I will stay LFR). I'm very confident that has something to do with the fact that I cheesed my way into getting the cloak and without stepping foot in a real raid.

And I'm also sure tanking challenge is most definitely much easier than the dps challenge. Several posts in this very thread confirm so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Awww

Pretty sure it also included name-calling and "go back to LFR" (which yes, I will stay LFR). I'm very confident that has something to do with the fact that I cheesed my way into getting the cloak and without stepping foot in a real raid.

And I'm also sure tanking challenge is most definitely much easier than the dps challenge. Several posts in this very thread confirm so.
    Well ye, but that is like saying counting to three is easier than counting to five. Easier, but neither is hard to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    What frustrates me is that the fight is bugged, not always but sometimes. I have been hit by a cleave halfway across the room. I have also seen the bloods respawn after 30 seconds. Blizzard knows about these and they told me they will look into it but don't hold your breath. Just keep trying and hope that the bugs don't line up for you. I keep getting him to 28% then I get smoted. I'm currently on attempt 43. Still no luck. I will keep trying though, it is just frustrating. It is that damn ride the kodo into Ashenvale quest all over again... Strip naked, log out. Reboot, log in... Try again. We just skipped you to the next quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    What frustrates me is that the fight is bugged, not always but sometimes. I have been hit by a cleave halfway across the room. I have also seen the bloods respawn after 30 seconds. Blizzard knows about these and they told me they will look into it but don't hold your breath. Just keep trying and hope that the bugs don't line up for you. I keep getting him to 28% then I get smoted. I'm currently on attempt 43. Still no luck. I will keep trying though, it is just frustrating. It is that damn ride the kodo into Ashenvale quest all over again... Strip naked, log out. Reboot, log in... Try again. We just skipped you to the next quest.
    K its not bugged. YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. There are TWO ways to avoid the cleave. ONE gain the buff from standing behind him. If you don't have the buff, you aren't considered behind him. TWO outrange it by running way far in front of it. I messed around with it today on my 2nd toon who got the cloak, and these were consistently the only ways to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    K its not bugged. YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
    So when Nefarion is literally on the left side of the arena hugging the wall, and I am on the opposite side of the arena. He is suppose to hit me. That is what is happening to me, not all the time though. Just some of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when Nefarion is literally on the left side of the arena hugging the wall, and I am on the opposite side of the arena. He is suppose to hit me. That is what is happening to me, not all the time though. Just some of the times.
    Nefarion? Killed that sucka ages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Nefarion? Killed that sucka ages ago.
    It is late, I'm fornicating tired... Deathwings bastard of a child then. How does that one grab you?!

Just did the Melee Challenge 2nd try as Frost DK (526 equip). Found this rather easy. Even forgot to skill Chillblains and just outran the adds with Death's Advance's passive.

Had no problems with bugs either.

I am on the opposite side of the arena
    ^
    Your problem. Hug Wrathy's back all the time and all will be ok.
    bloods respawn after 30 seconds
    Who cares when they respawns? Just use some BB => diseases spread from Wrathion => chillblains slows blood => backpedal with the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Euthyphro View Post
    So instead of practicing and solving the problem you flipped specs and did the tanking challenge instead? Grats on the path of least resistance philosophy. Why bother to come here and complain then? You got your precious cloak, to which you feel entitled, without being able to beat the challenge ascribed to you. What could you possibly need a "strat" for since you bypassed the challenge and can no longer do it?
    He did say LFR, what else would you expect?

The arc isn't that bad, maybe it's a latency issue. As far as I could tell it was just like the one that rare Mogu mobs around Pandaria use. It wasn't nearly as intolerant as the ones on Will of the Emperor for example.

The tricky bit is kiting the bloods while dodging the arc, but if you kite at the right distance from him you should always have time to move out of the way of a bad arc. The worst part to me was getting meleed by adds that looked like they were out of range. Jerks.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're too far away he will move to your location. Possibly you didn't see it due to latency? Dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I don't even know why you want a legendary cloak, or why you raid at all if you do LFR, it's not like it gives any sort of accomplishment or that the dps from legendary cloak will matter lol

So I finally got 12 runestones after 3 weeks of 0 and 4 weeks of only Lei Shen. Went Xuen like a baws cause I keep hearing all this shit about it being hard and all. Honestly, the moment you spec Chillblains you already won.

Blow everything at the start = he's at 60% -> BB DnD when adds spawn then continue to hammer Wrathion -> have runes for BB / DnD when he does the images.

credits: Supernerd

I guess it requires something different than the usual LFR afking.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Bad as this may sound, hopefully we'll get something to filter the upgrading to legendary stage, so that people with the actual orange cloak will have earned it. This challenge quest was fun and all, but eh, not really worth a lvl 600 piece of kit.

Down on 3rd go at 519 as unholy, dnd/pestilence spread to take care of bloods, blood boil for mirrors, and nuke that little dragon down down down.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    This is an absurd challenge, insanely cheap and difficult.

What where your strats and preparation for this fight? I'm admittedly an LFR-baby, but no amount of ilvl increase would seem to have helped me here. mainly his crumbling arc seem to hit more than just the 180-degree "fire" that he prepares. I think I'm safe 5-10 yards away while being chased by his blood adds yet it still takes ~190k HP off me. I tried HB spam style to Unholy pew-pew with IT, DSiphon and DC, and failed.

Mainly because that crumbling arc likes to hit stuff it shouldn't hit. I don't know if I was lagging, or bugged, but it was frustrating nonetheless. Never had too much problems with similar attacks (like WoE's arcs)

Anyways, this is all academic and maybe a little rant-ish, because I just then changed Blood, no reforging with my full dps gear, and completed the tank challenge in 2 tries without researching (I failed the 1st attempt because I derped and watched Wrathion get pelted by DW's elementals when I was supposed to meat shield those). Tank challenge was insanely easy regardless, and felt kinda cheap, but I wonder if anyone else also took the same path.
    You realize this is the easiest dps one compared to the ranged on, right?

Just because people are able to dodge the cleave mechanic doesn't mean it's graphics is not bugged.

And if you people feel bad that someone got a piece of loot, which he didn't even take away from you, just because he's not enough hardcore hipster raider, you need some goals in life.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Just because people are able to dodge the cleave mechanic doesn't mean it's graphics is not bugged.

And if you people feel bad that someone got a piece of loot, which he didn't even take away from you, just because he's not enough hardcore hipster raider, you need some goals in life.
    It's not bugged. They are just too terrible to figure out how it works.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    just do the tanking one, it's a joke