Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    It's well known blizzard lurks these fourms, gc himself has said he reads it.
    That's a far cry from moderators or anyone being paid to adore certain features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Greg! Cha Ching! $$$
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    My very first response to you was to point out I was specifically talking about selling gear.

You said you weren't.

End of discussion.

You're the one who clearly needs to get over themselves.
    Once more you said
    How long?

Been waiting three years already.

Hell, technically I have been waiting since they first added advertisements to the official forum. That topic was hilarious
    And my reply was to state the HUGE ass difference in the state of wow now compared to 3 years ago and if blizzard was to make a change and add a cash shop there is a reason behind it that was not there 3 years ago.

No where in the comment I quoted did you state about gear you mite have before that quote but not the one I replyed to. Once again this is a thread don't like the topic or the reply's you may get then fucken leave.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    That is a far cry from white knighting, or being a moderator. I highly doubt any Blizzard employee would want to be a moderator on a fan site. Why would they want to spend their free moderating a fan forum? I'm sure they would much rather be playing the game.

This also has nothing to do with labeling anyone who disagrees that this is one step away from selling gear as a white knight.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is a difference between saying "hey it could be this or that, and we might be able to buy it with this or that" and "omg, the game is going F2P! Next step is heroic gear for cash! I won't stand for this!"
    ....Like many have said we don't know what blizzard is going to do "if anything" so telling someone they are wrong that blizzard could sell heroic gear just makes your reply's pointless.

We don't care what you will stand for or won't stand for. Blizzard has yet to do anything and no one knows what they will do so for you to clam that they won't do something ether you have someone in the company who knows everything and relay's that info to you or your just getting pissy at a comment someone made.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once more you said
    I said I was specifically talking about gear. You ignored that. Then you called me a dick.

Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I said I was specifically talking about gear. You ignored that. Then you called me a dick.

Get over yourself.
    .....if your going to get pissy and don't want people commenting to your comments why don't you just leave.

You guys do not tolerate this, but you don't give a damn shit about the horrendously overpriced account services they offer today? The fact that I have to pay 20€ to transfer or race change ONE character, or 25€ to change faction, is laughable. And I'm already paying 12€ a month.

I've played F2P games where they offer the same services for 5€ or 10€ MAXIMUM.
    But of course, Blizzard is able to justify these prices anyway, so I'm just going to be a good sheep.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Keep in mind that this does not mean it will be in the US or EU stores, or any store at all!"
    I bet ull be able to buy it for JP or even VP
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the leveling process isnt boring
    show me your 50 to max leveled chars and come again...

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Also note that it looks like the required level is 85.
    making it kinda useless as the xp to get to 90 just was heavy nerved...

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    In-game store is not blizzard store. probably a justice/honour point dump since the jackasses still won't put 489/496 vendor gear onto JP like they should.
    If this is the case then why has In Game Store never been seen on a tooltip before?

This is what happens when WoW or any other service/company has no real competition. They start squeezing every dollar out of your pockets and people accept it.

Imagine the potential WoW would have had if there was two major competitors and they both owned 50% of the market.

Deleted
    Its a Test Balloon and it would be reason enough to quit the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's possible there will be a store. But we don't know what currencies are going to be used for it, and the people running full speed down the slope, claiming "heroic gear is next" are what I'm aiming at.
    Well, this I agree with. Personally? This screams F2P with boosts to me, but not pay-to-win. I used to hate F2P, but the implementation of RIFT's model- and before that, City of Heroes'- makes me pretty optimistic about it. And despite what some people think about Blizzard, if anyone can make a good F2P model, I'd trust them to do so as well.

Not happy about this if it is true.

Bli$$ard is so greedy they even implement virtual realms where nobody has to transfer anymore. Much better conspiracy theory, obviously.

Wait...

I'll just wait until I see what exactly they are intending to do with that item, if they are going to do anything with it at all. There are actually a number of cases I can think of where I would very much appreciate the implementation of such an item (which don't involve real money). Example: A new ingame store opens where you can buy items like this with "Blizzpoints", which you get for completing tasks like reaching 90 on a character.
    Worst case scenario they sell xp boosts 1-90 for cash comparable to the other account services. Which wouldn't affect me directly because I wouldn't buy it and I would keep playing either way. I would still be disappointed though.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-07-03 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny to see all these moderators in here white knighting for blizzard. I guess you all don't wanna bite the hand that feeds ya.
    Believe it or not, having an opinion on MMOC is not a profitable venture. If so, Blizzard owes me a lot of years of back pay!

But nah. I'm not even defending the feature. I just don't care. It's not pay-to-win, it's optional, it doesn't affect me, you can already "buy" XP boosts via Recruit-a-Friend, and I'm sure the grand majority of people who would purchase something like this will be the people who have already leveled a zillion alts anyway.

So I just don't think it's worth being upset over, but nor do I think it's worth getting excited over as someone who would likely never purchase such a thing.

But also I think it's way too early for anyone to be forming an opinion over. It's a datamined buff from a test realm. We don't know how you get it. It could never make it live. It might be purchased in-game. It could be for a particular promotion or reward. Until we know more, it's super premature for anyone to be drawing any conclusions on it right now.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Ingame Store=Battlenet Currency = $$$
    Believe it or not, having an opinion on MMOC is not a profitable venture.
    Just look for what it was sold

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Well, this I agree with. Personally? This screams F2P with boosts to me, but not pay-to-win. I used to hate F2P, but the implementation of RIFT's model- and before that, City of Heroes'- makes me pretty optimistic about it. And despite what some people think about Blizzard, if anyone can make a good F2P model, I'd trust them to do so as well.
    I agree and I have said if wow go's f2p I would play the hell out of it and maybe every once in awhile buy something.

But the thing is I personally feel they can not have both a p2p model and a cash shop. Now if they Did P2p/F2p+cash shop "Rift Style" I would be ok with it but that also depends how limited the F2p part is.

At this point all we can do is wait and see and nothing can be ruled out until more info is revealed.

One thing people mite have forgotten about is blizzard saying they wanted to do more with blizzard funds when it came out this could be the start of that.

Deleted
    This certainly looks like it could be added to the pet or mount store at least, we can already redeem items through there. Also remember that we can already effectively ''Buy'' an experience boost through Recruit A Friend. This could be being looked into as a less cumbersome and more solo-player friendly option. You know it'd be popular, given how often you see looms in use.