Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You couldn't get me to switch specs even if you sent me $100.USD.
    Why would I care what spec you play, guess I should have put competitive progression.

As for Fire I've got a feeling they will throw in the towel and nerf CM again, probably along with some form of Pyro/Combu damage nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Why would I care what spec you play, guess I should have put competitive progression.

As for Fire I've got a feeling they will throw in the towel and nerf CM again, probably along with some form of Pyro/Combu damage nerf.
    I'm wondering what is keeping them from using a CM model that gives a diminishing multiplier on a linear scale as we increase our crit rating. They could start at 1.5 for 25% or under and inversely scale down to 0 at 50% or whatever they feel is most comfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I'm wondering what is keeping them from using a CM model that gives a diminishing multiplier on a linear scale as we increase our crit rating. They could start at 1.5 for 25% or under and inversely scale down to 0 at 50% or whatever they feel is most comfortable.
    Yeah, that could work, but judging from the blue post I think they will just do one last band aid fix and then give mages some overhaul for 6.0 so they don't have to make the same mistakes. I'm kind of hoping for complete 90 talent redesign, improved cast animations and some sort of resource system similar to locks since it works so well.

Yeah, that could work, but judging from the blue post I think they will just do one last band aid fix and then give mages some overhaul for 6.0 so they don't have to make the same mistakes. I'm kind of hoping for complete 90 talent redesign, improved cast animations and some sort of resource system similar to locks since it works so well.
    You, me, and about 50,000 other Mages. :P They will probably further nerf Pyroblast since it is the major contributor to massive Combustions, and will impact higher geared mages more than lower geared ones. It's uninspired, but I don't expect anything other than a blanket coefficient nerf or Pyro nerf by itself.

Deleted
    Hehe, just you wait, first boss is a brilliant example if you want to Youtube it. Arcane would do decent damage, but why would you want an average stand still DPS who will do no jobs, especially in 10man? Regardless, Fire will be the only option for progression next tier, it always is, maybe Arcane will have another one off boss, we'll see.
    Winter is coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard loves to give in to mage QQ.
    So long as fire mages have tears to cry, Blizzard will always give in.

Because it would de-evaluate you crit at a certain rating, which would lead to an absurd behavior of the more you get, the less you get.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Winter is coming!
    Maybe it is Pete, maybe it is. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Because it would de-evaluate you crit at a certain rating, which would lead to an absurd behavior of the more you get, the less you get.
    It would DEVALUE crit, which isn't such a bad thing. We will still want crit, and the numbers I threw out were just for illustrative purposes.

In the example I used, we would have:

25% pre CM crit=1.5 multiplier for total of 37.5% post CM crit
    30% pre CM crit=1.4 multiplier for total of 42% post CM crit
    35% pre CM crit=1.3 multiplier for total of 45.% post CM crit
    40% pre CM crit=1.2 multiplier for total of 48% post CM crit
    45% pre CM crit=1.1 multiplier for total of 49.5% post CM crit
    50% pre CM crit=1.0 multiplier for total of 50% post CM crit

I don't like the idea of having plateaus for every 5% so I think they would need to have it continue to scale at the same rate for every percent increase. The biggest issue I see with this, is that it will cause higher geared Fire Mages to reach a "crit cap" where Mastery or Haste overtake it as the best stat. This would be a big change to see during an expansion, but not the end of the world imo.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-07-16 at 10:41 PM.

It would devalue crit, but it's not like the more you get the less you get. You always get more, just how much more would vary.

CM would be a large bonus for when you have lower crit rating, a nominal bonus at good crit levels, and little to no bonus at high crit levels. This doesn't mean you aren't getting crit from crit, it just means CM isn't always giving you more crit as you get more crit.

This really needs and Xzibit post. Where we're given CM so we can get crit while we get crit, so our crits can crit and give us more crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, it wouldn't necessarily be "the more you get, the less you get". And second, that's less absurd that the current incarnation of CM, which lets crit scale exponentially (or to put it in your vernacular, the more you get the more you get).
    Last edited by Huevos; 2013-07-16 at 10:45 PM.

Lets all complain about our class getting nerfed because were pulling 100k dps+ more than any other dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Lets all complain about our class getting nerfed because were pulling 100k dps+ more than any other dps spec.
    yeah, we try

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    As was stated a billion times so far, the vast majority of the posters here agree that Fire will become too powerful during the Siege of Orgrimmar, we're primarily worried about the specifics on how exactly will the adjustments be handled.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Every class scales in different ways, clearly more drastic than others. But Fire's great synergy with crit is the biggest catalyst. Especially with CM being percentage based. I could see a possible band-aid for 5.4 being CM changed to a flat increase. Somewhere in the middle of less overall crit for the top geared mages and more overall crit for the fresh 90s.

<Stage Clear> 14/14H Always Recruiting

Deleted
    If they want to nerf Heroic geared mages, and not new Mages with no gear at all, why not simply reduce Pyroblast damage and scaling with spellpower, and increase Fireball damage and scaling ?

It seems to be a very simple and effective solution to me.

Deleted
    nerf fire? hahaha only a good firemage can pull deeps same for frost and arcane...

- - - Updated - - -

whiping on hc bosses for days and looting shit gear... and noob kids that get LFR gear still want more crit? ofccc not stop talking crap

Quote Originally Posted by psychokiller View Post
    nerf fire? hahaha only a good firemage can pull deeps same for frost and arcane...

- - - Updated - - -

whiping on hc bosses for days and looting shit gear... and noob kids that get LFR gear still want more crit? ofccc not stop talking crap

I have no idea what you are attempting to say here. Can anyone decipher this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what you are attempting to say here. Can anyone decipher this?
    Equally confused.

If Fire is nerfed to the point where a movement heavy Arcane would outweigh it, you wouldn't bring a Mage anyway. We aren't talking about movement where you need to blink to x to be in range of the boss, we are talking about constant movement of 5-10yrds due to AoE/mechanics.
    while I agree with a lot of what you say, what you see and what the rest of this thread should be seeing are two different things, aside from ataxus there is no one who posts on this forum who is close to the level that you play at, the rest of us at best will be clearing the tier four or five weeks after you have it on farm so while for world first progression this may be true, at the level of the rest of us arcane may be viable for many fights and our guilds will bring a mage since at our level player>class

10+ Year Old Account
    What about haste evocation arcane for next patch, if there is that heavy movement then that would be higher dps and still is competitive, isn't it?
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-17 at 02:37 AM.