Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Where is the "No, I don't care if others spend money or not" option?
    Lost in the sea of rational thought, which has never had a place on these forums.
    BAD WOLF

Wow what a bitch no answer. How about No I see no reason to stop playing because other people buying things have no effect on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as they put something in the shop that is unobtainable in game, that has a direct power increase, then I will quit. For example, Maplestory lets you put *sockets* on your weapon for real money, and lets you wear 2 necklaces for real money, and a myriad of other ridiculous things that are ONLY obtainable using real money. As of right now WoW has mounts, but that's just cosmetic stuff so it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the: "No, I don't care if other people spend extra to play a game." option for the poll

/facepalm

As long as it is not engame gear, there are no issues with adding this type of feature, heck the 200% RAF buff was $5 for 30 days play time a couple weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love if they gave us an in game store where we could use real cash; I've wanted a RMAH in WoW for the longest time. This cash shop thing is probably china only though.

People really need to get their definitions and understanding of in-game stores sorted, before they start spewing their opinions all over the place.

There are many different models Blizzard could use, and the one I suspect they may be going for is simply allowing players to access the Blizzard Store from their new in-game browser, making it, surprise; An in-game store!

However, they could also go the route that Guild Wars 2 has with their Gem Store, where you can buy Gems, and buy cosmetic equipment for your character. I have to say, I quite like the model, but I think it only works because it is Free-to-Play.

Either way, even if Blizzard moved to making the in-game store a Cash Cow to generate as much money as possible, then I wouldn't really mind. If you don't appreciate that, or don't want to buy the items, don't, and if you do, then do. It would generate more income for Blizzard, and allow them to keep expanding their Staff Team to produce more and more content.

Who cares about cash shops. As long as it doesn't sell stat gear, or other end game pve/pvp enhancements, meant for end game then it really does no harm. Buy to win is the only problem with cash shops ever. Allowing someone to look cool, have a mount, or get more experience isn't a problem and if it is then you already have a problem. The only difference is now you just have to do it on the website to get mounts and more experience. It already is real to be honest. That is the funniest part about how upset everyone is about this.

If Blizzard actually sells XP boosts/whatever, WITH A SUB. Then that is the greediest thing I've ever seen from a video game company.

Not the mention it's morally not right to charge people $15 a month, then put a XP boost in their face saying BUY ME. It's like Blizzard wants the sub model to die a horrible death. Their overpriced services(character transfers, name changes, ect) already piss people off.

It would make EA look good.

I would very much quit WoW forever if it happened.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-07-05 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they don't as i can tell other areas of the game will suffer because they focus their developing time on the ingame shop >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    with data mine of the new buff coming to ingame store 5.4 ( hey made not make it @ all who knows).
    would u think they add option to buy ingame item with real cash like diablo 3.
    now its a 100%exp buff( pointless to use boa gear). tomorrow may be tier items.
    Mats for profession, stuff u normally see on a paid to win game or free to pay game with item u could buy in right away or work to get it like gw2.

all i know if this is the direction wow is going im soo not coming back after my break.
    Assumptious hyperbole much? Its ONE item that boosts exp, like a ton of other things ALREADY in the game. Heirmlooms, elixirs, holiday buffs. Who gives a rat's ass that there might be a way to buy another, in game?

The stupidity in topics like this is mindboggling. Where the hell do you get the logic that lets you make the leap from exp increase to tier items? Planet stupid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    If Blizzard actually sells XP boosts/whatever, WITH A SUB. Then that is the greediest thing I've ever seen from a video game company.

Not the mention it's morally not right to charge people $15 a month, then put a XP boost in their face saying BUY ME. It's like Blizzard wants the sub model to die a horrible death. Their overpriced services(character transfers, name changes, ect) already piss people off.

Yes because an exp increase - an optional item if ever there was one - is definitely more 'greedy' than companies like EA who charge you for DLC that is already on the goddamned disc you paid for.

Do some of you even think before you type?

Nope. All the better if it would be possible to use Blizzbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Assumptious hyperbole much? Its ONE item that boosts exp, like a ton of other things ALREADY in the game. Heirmlooms, elixirs, holiday buffs. Who gives a rat's ass that there might be a way to buy another, in game?

The stupidity in topics like this is mindboggling. Where the hell do you get the logic that lets you make the leap from exp increase to tier items? Planet stupid?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because an exp increase - an optional item if ever there was one - is definitely more 'greedy' than companies like EA who charge you for DLC that is already on the goddamned disc you paid for.

Do some of you even think before you type?
    And Blizzard is charging you $25 for a mount that's already in the game which are mostly reskins. Your point is?

Who cares if it's optional. It's the damn notion that Blizzard are charging $15 a month, then adding an item that boosts your XP for MORE MONEY. It's incredibly greedy.

Why? Your Subscription entitles you to access to an account, on their servers. They choose what the subscription entitles you too, and lets not forget there are many methods now of increasing your experience intake through in-game, non-premium methods, such as Heirlooms, Guild Perk, and the Monster in Pandaria that drops the elixir.

Their services are not that over-priced. Gaming is a hobby, so if you decided that your going to play 10 Characters as part of that hobby, you should expect to need to cover whatever costs that encompasses. I think they should do some special offers on them more often, or do a rolling discount, for every extra character your Faction Change / Name Change / Race Change / Transfer, get 20% off each additional service.

Yeh - Because offering an additional paid service for leveling faster makes them as poor as EA. Lets say the elixir is £1.00 / $1.70, is that so appalling now?

Good. Quite frankly, people seem to think additional options means it impacts them, when it doesn't. If you don't like the store, don't use it. Until the day comes where you can only play a certain Class by purchasing both the Expansion, An additional Character Slot & the Class Rights for your account, then you can't possibly be serious that you'd quit over this ...

Seriously has anyone stopped and considered for 1 god damn moment how absolutely stupid it would be for blizzard to put actual endgame gear in a in game store for cash. Think about it for one second. The entire endgame is a gear treadmill, why on earth would you buy the endgame gear so you don't have to raid the endgame in LFR/Flex/ or otherwise. it makes NO SENSE!!! This isn't Diablo 3. If you just buy all the gear you have 0 reason to play and you will more then likely just un-sub.

I know this

You know this

Blizzard knows this

So why on earth does anybody think they would actually put items that give you an actual edge in an in game store. Seriously are you people all crazy!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Nope. All the better if it would be possible to use Blizzbucks.
    I would very much be a fan of being able to use a standard battle.net balance to cover any purchases across their whole line of games. I would prefer it actually. Especially if there was an interface via the new battle.net client to auction off battle.net currency for gold from a game. This way you can earn your way to any number of things, while someone, somewhere is certainly paying for it.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a $25.00 subscription that allows you access to free services (with limits), a currency stipend, and other benefits. I would want to not pay a box cost for any of their games if this were to happen though and just have it included in the Blizz subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously are you people all crazy!
    You are just as hasty my friend. Why wouldn't they put heroic dungeon gear able to put you into the lowest tier of LFR, then increase it to t14 when t16 is out? This is entirely feasible, though this whole thing is overreacting by a large part.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as any gear with stats, or best potions, or enchants..... pretty much anything where you HAVE to sink money into the shop to perform at your best appear, that's my cutoff.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why? Your Subscription entitles you to access to an account, on their servers. They choose what the subscription entitles you too, and lets not forget there are many methods now of increasing your experience intake through in-game, non-premium methods, such as Heirlooms, Guild Perk, and the Monster in Pandaria that drops the elixir.

Their services are not that over-priced. Gaming is a hobby, so if you decided that your going to play 10 Characters as part of that hobby, you should expect to need to cover whatever costs that encompasses. I think they should do some special offers on them more often, or do a rolling discount, for every extra character your Faction Change / Name Change / Race Change / Transfer, get 20% off each additional service.

Yeh - Because offering an additional paid service for leveling faster makes them as poor as EA. Lets say the elixir is £1.00 / $1.70, is that so appalling now?

Good. Quite frankly, people seem to think additional options means it impacts them, when it doesn't. If you don't like the store, don't use it. Until the day comes where you can only play a certain Class by purchasing both the Expansion, An additional Character Slot & the Class Rights for your account, then you can't possibly be serious that you'd quit over this ...
    So paying a $15 sub fee entitles Blizzard to then turn around and sell you XP boosts? Fair enough. But It's still wrong in my opinion.

There so I put IMO so you people don't go apeshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont like what im seeing ill be honest, it seems like the start of worse things to come.

Blizzard tend to spiral with whatever they put on their shop, (pets mounts cosmetic changes ect). Heres hoping they leave it at that (I doubt it).
    This so much. The mount of apathy for this item is scaring me. The only thing I can say is that if they do add it it better not be to US/EU. WoW is not a f2p game, and an in-game item shop is exactly why I don't play f2p games. I don't want adds, "buy x for $2.99" or any thing like that in my games. They are walking a very very thin line here.

I hate, how content is provided in Wow now - it's some kind of "communism": let's say 50% players treats all content as mandatory and start burning out, if Blizzard adds more content, but other 50% start saying that Blizzard are taking their freedom of choice away by restricting access to content for them. So Blizzard have to do only content, which is "good" for all players and stop making other kinds of content, without caring, that different players like different kinds of content. Most recent example: killing of 5ppls and trying to force us to do dailies, scenarios, etc. And what argument Blizzard are using very often? Old as world (really, I hear it since first day in Wow and with their superprofits they could have hired half of world already) argument, that they have not enough resourses and have to choose, what to do in first place. What I'm talking about? I want to say, that there should be some barrier, which will force players to only choose content, they really need. And best barrier is money. I think it's time to implement premium content it this game. I mean, I'm ready to pay extra money for features, I really want, in order to compensate spending of extra resources and other kinds of losses for devs. For example 3rd spec. Dev saying, that they're not sure all players need it. I.e. if they'll implement it, it will became mandatory for all players and it may impact game negatively somehow. Yeah, players will stard wanting all specs to be viable and balanced - not 1-2 and it's extra responsibility for devs. But they're sooooo lazy now. So what? Make it premium! So players, who really need it, would able to buy it and those, who don't need it, would be able to let it go. Same with 5ppls. I'm ready to pay extra money for being able to see 5ppls in every patch. 10$ per character for 3rd spec? 20$? 30$? 100$ for unlim pack? The price doesn't really matter! What do you think?
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-07-05 at 05:23 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

But It's still wrong in my opinion.
    Well, it is my opinion that you're not entitled to your opinion, and therefor you posting your opinion is meaningless! Mwhahah!

The fact is however, Blizzard knows that selling Mounts & Pets, and a few in-game items is the limit they'll be able to push their Store without impacting the game negatively. You know it, I know it, and they know it.

I highly doubt we'd ever see Blizzard selling gear that wasn't purely for Transmorg purposes.