Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    Answer to the OP: Because some people play this game for fun (shocking concept, I know ;P) and do not treat it as a second job.
    Fun? Hold on there friend. That isn't allowed around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    All games have different difficulty levels, why shouldn't WoW?
    To be fair not all games have godmode on by default.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The gear that has a "Raid Finder" tag and is less powerful than what drops in a normal raid.
    Silver platter? Have you run LFR? You're lucky to get one item out of all the wings combined.

We pay Blizzard to provide us with content with can play casually and enjoy, that content just happens to be LFR. HOW DOES THAT NOT MAKE SENSE TO YOU?
    Yea, it happens to be LFR because Blizzard decided it is LFR. I do not say that there shouldn't be any content for casual gamers. That would be a wrong take on the whole thing. Of course there has to be content for casual gamers, but why does it have to be the same instance? Blizzard could, for example, release content patches where they introduce multiple instances: One that is easier and very accessible and one that is hard and for people who wish to put effort into the game (again: effort, not time!). What would be wrong with that? And now don't tell me Blizzard doesn't have the resources and manpower to pull it off.

Again: there has to be some content that is hard and exclusive, for people that are either skilled or invest effort and thinking into the game. Why? because it gives everyone a goal to work towards, even if you don't reach it. Because it motivates people to work together, because it gets people to play with others, to connect socially, to forge bonds, to work with others towards a common goal. A good mmo has to have that aspect. And WoW, as of now, has lost it, and that's exactly the reason so many people are bored by the game and don't renew their subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Guess what, my time is MINE, and unless you're paying me for it you have no say over how I spend it and I have absolutely no obligation to justify my decisions about that to you. Whatever I decide makes absolutely no real difference to you, so stop trying to be so controlling of other people and their choices, I'm sure you'd be unhappy if others did the same to you.
    I'm not controlling you or your choices, I'm merely suggesting an alternative form of entertainment that may be more to your liking instead of a game where you have to actively do something. So you can go ahead and play WoW however you like for all I care, but don't come here and feel entitled to see the whole content if you don't want to play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

It's like going to a car race and saying "Hey, I paid my 50 bucks for the event, I want to ride in one of them cars now... make it happen" Sound ridiculous? Yeah well, your entitlement sounds just as ridiculous to me. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Guess what, my time is MINE, and unless you're paying me for it you have no say over how I spend it and I have absolutely no obligation to justify my decisions about that to you. Whatever I decide makes absolutely no real difference to you, so stop trying to be so controlling of other people and their choices, I'm sure you'd be unhappy if others did the same to you.
    Calm down dude. It's only a game

Lol LFRers are so full of it. Sorry but it's true. There's those that know the truth, and those that blindly defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, it happens to be LFR because Blizzard decided it is LFR. I do not say that there shouldn't be any content for casual gamers. That would be a wrong take on the whole thing. Of course there has to be content for casual gamers, but why does it have to be the same instance? Blizzard could, for example, release content patches where they introduce multiple instances: One that is easier and very accessible and one that is hard and for people who wish to put effort into the game (again: effort, not time!). What would be wrong with that? And now don't tell me Blizzard doesn't have the resources and manpower to pull it off.

Again: there has to be some content that is hard and exclusive, for people that are either skilled or invest effort and thinking into the game. Why? because it gives everyone a goal to work towards, even if you don't reach it. Because it motivates people to work together, because it gets people to play with others, to connect socially, to forge bonds, to work with others towards a common goal. A good mmo has to have that aspect. And WoW, as of now, has lost it, and that's exactly the reason so many people are bored by the game and don't renew their subscription.
    Yeah no that is worthless use of resources for far less "true" raid content. Nevermind all the wasted lore development.

The PROBLEM with heroic raiding atm is #1 Coins for charms / finishing off the last 400ish vp is pointless and tasteless busywork in game with 0 appeal.

Secondly and more importantly we are getting more content then ever and myself and lots of raiders like me are infact EXHAUSTED. yes it's too much content! shocking I know. I'm hoping 5.4 isn't out till September / late august and next expac isn't until atleast march / april

7 month cycle for final tier shouldn't be horrible though since we get SIGNIFICANTLY more then 8 bosses from that awful raid that never should of happened. 5.5 mini patch still in air too.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-04 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    snip
    I don't get why you are so against someone running an easier version of the current tier raid. How in any way does that effect YOUR game? And if they were to make a separate easier raid, I can guarantee you that the other normal / heroic raid will suffer in terms of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yeah no that is worthless use of resources for far less "true" raid content. Nevermind all the wasted lore development.
    First of all, it's not your job to decide how blizzard uses their resources.
    2nd, it would be no more a waste than what they are all doing. End game now has been turned into a difficulty setting, not actual content. That is the problem.

Probably true, but that is the bane of MMOs. You can't have everyone see everything. Right now, if someone asked me what WoW was, I'd say a lot of things, but MMO is not one of them. It's an arcade style coop game more like. Well, if you ignore PvP that is. Otherwise it's Call of Duty in a fantasy setting. :P

I don't get why you are so against someone running an easier version of the current tier raid. How in any way does that effect YOUR game?
    why do you people keep saying this and then ignoring the answers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Lol LFRers are so full of it. Sorry but it's true. There's those that know the truth, and those that blindly defend.
    Nah it's the elitist jackasses that are full of it. LFR's just want to be left alone, to play the game they pay for. But for some reason these so called pro players feel threatened, maybe they feel their "godmode AFK in stormwind with ma heroic gearz n titlez" status is fading.

First of all, it's not your job to decide how blizzard uses their resources.
    2nd, it would be no more a waste than what they are all doing. End game now has been turned into a difficulty setting, not actual content. That is the problem.
    I actually think Blizzard has lost the gameplan along the way. They focused too much on accessability and not enough on actual content. I hate daylies with a passion. Lackluster content...

Well for one thing, raiding is an extension of the story told during leveling, often involving the most important parts. It's stupid for these key moments to only be seen by a few. For another, not everyone who chooses not to raid the traditional way is bad. Many of us are just turned off by the schedules, having to be tied to guilds, etc. These things have nothing to do with skill. And lastly, considering this is a game, not to mention a game we pay to play instead of getting paid to play, many have no interest in treating it like a job. The fact that you actually compared this issue to having a job or receiving welfare just highlights the raider mentality that people despise. Most would rather not have to research things like rotations, boss mechanics, the best gem and enchant combos, etc. They would rather just play the game on their own terms and have fun.

I would love to turn this around, and ask raiders why they feel entitled to be the only ones who should have fun, why they care at all what others players do when it should have no effect on them, and why they treat the game like a job.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2013-07-04 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Forget about the money side for a bit, but think, what is better?
    1. Making 99.9% of people happy, with the remaining 0.1% not really being effected much except those of them that feel their life is over because the 99.9% are allowed to be happy.
    2. Making 99.9% of people unhappy, just so 0.1% of people can feel super special awesome because they got to see content and the others couldn't.

In a similar vein to the gay marriage debate, them seeing content does not effect you (an admittedly poor analogy as I do believe normal mode is better than LFR in fun level, whereas straight and gay marriages I consider equal)! Saying it stops people from doing the normal and heroic versions is a load of tosh too, I personally did LFR as I didn't have time to do normal raids (I'm busy on the usual raid nights for many guilds), of course I prefer doing normal raids to LFR, but it doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to do LFR. To say otherwise is completely selfish.

You have to realise this pretty crazy idea that the world does not revolve around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple rank 1s. Hardly tried. /yawn

Is it Argus expac yet?

speaking of which I can farm H 13/13 ToT faster then an LFR group can clear 12/12 LFR. But I have a life so I prefer to heroic raid over LFR. Hilarious I know
    Not everyone has the same amount of hours they have to tend to in their "life" others have less, others have more. If you're trying to convince people that they can raid even while having a life, then you're really silly because not everyone with a life has that luxury of being able to stay logged on for 3hrs for a night of raiding. I, myself have College from 9am to 5pm, until 6pm or so I'm at the gym because my fitness is also an important part of my life, get home by 7pm which means I have to cook my dinner, that's 7:30pm already and then I need to study as I need a total of 10-15hrs of study per week, leaving me finished at 9pm but can I raid? Nope, because most raiding schedules will want me to commit 2-3hrs of my time to raid which means I'd be up until 11pm-12am but I have to get my ass to bed to wake up at 6am to prepare for College and the trip that comes with it. Since I also value my health over a game, I won't lose my precious sleep for it because it is a game not a life.

And you know what? There's probably thousands upon thousands of subscribers to WoW that are alot like myself, LFR was practically made for us and I imagine Flexible raiding will be made for the more experienced casual player and it's people like the OP that ignorantly state that LFR needs to be removed even though it's the only character progression some of us have, we enjoy WoW in that aspect but just because we have a more busy life, doesn't mean we're not entitled to such things because what else are we paying $15 for if not for the content that was provided in the expansion? Raids were provided in the expansion, thus it's what we deserve.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-07-04 at 10:15 AM.

Nah it's the elitist jackasses that are full of it. LFR's just want to be left alone, to play the game they pay for. But for some reason these so called pro players feel threatened, maybe they feel their "godmode AFK in stormwind with ma heroic gearz n titlez" status is fading.
    Proof that you don't get it in that last line. Immaturity is all it is.

Fun? Hold on there friend. That isn't allowed around here.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair not all games have godmode on by default.
    WoW is hardly a challenging games. when it comes to games there are much more challenging ones. and I'm not saying that because im an elitist pretending im good at games in general, cause i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm not controlling you or your choices, I'm merely suggesting an alternative form of entertainment that may be more to your liking instead of a game where you have to actively do something.
    So if every casual player took your advice and spent their sub money on the movies instead of giving it to Blizzard exactly how much heroic content do you think you'd be getting on their 95% reduced budget? I find it hard to see why feeling special is more important than actually having something to do, or how you'd be able to feel special if there was no raid content at all because it wasn't well enough funded/supported by subs.

So you can go ahead and play WoW however you like for all I care, but don't come here and feel entitled to see the whole content if you don't want to play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
    How you think it should be played is not in fact how it's supposed to be played. There's a difference.

It's like going to a car race and saying "Hey, I paid my 50 bucks for the event, I want to ride in one of them cars now... make it happen" Sound ridiculous? Yeah well, your entitlement sounds just as ridiculous to me. Deal with it.
    What entitlement? I've yet to see one single person demanding heroic gear for doing below heroic level content. That would be entitlement. wanting to see basic endgame content in a game someone pays for is hardly an unreasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Not everyone has the same amount of hours they have to tend to in their "life" others have less, others have more. If you're trying to convince people that they can raid even while having a life, then you're really silly because not everyone with a life has that luxury of being able to stay logged on for 3hrs for a night of raiding. I, myself have College from 9am to 5pm, until 6pm or so I'm at the gym because my fitness is also an important part of my life, get home by 7pm which means I have to cook my dinner, that's 7:30pm already and then I need to study as I need a total of 10-15hrs of study per week, leaving me finished at 9pm but can I raid? Nope, because most raiding schedules will want me to commit 2-3hrs of my time to raid which means I'd be up until 11pm-12am but I have to get my ass to bed to wake up at 6am to prepare for College and the trip that comes with it. Since I also value my health over a game, I won't lose my precious sleep for it because it is a game not a life.

And you know what? There's probably thousands upon thousands of subscribers to WoW that are alot like myself, LFR was practically made for us and I imagine Flexible raiding will be made for the more experienced casual player.

You forgot to tell us why the game should conform to you because you have no time for it.

Deleted
    why do you people keep saying this and then ignoring the answers?
    Because the answers aren't good enough? It's all just "I don't want you to have it". Does LFR eat babies? Does LFR prevent the cure for cancer? Does LFR want to bring back slavery? No. LFR is LFR, it has it's place in the game and does no harm to anyone.