Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    To some I sound like a dick. To aspiring rets I'm their fucking hero.
    I dunno, I never idolized you as a Ret or player. You are good ill give you that but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And it's people like you that think the game catering to your impulsive playstyle doesn't hurt the rest of the game.
    There's an important sentence in that paragraph you should read.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Really 502 is terrible? The normal mode gear is only 522 item level. You can upgrade gear with VP faster then you can obtain it from TOT you essentially can get 510 gear to step into 522 content.
    I think on average from LFR you can expect 2 drops a week; not always useful drops however; and LFR opens in stages after N/H. Even if they were, you're looking at about 2 months to get to that level at its fastest, so you're probably halfway through the tier before you're geared for it. By that point, raiding guilds have started on Heroics and your gear is still inadequate.

This is after having just made it to the end of the previous tier bear in mind. So not only are you behind, you're actually at a very real risk of slipping away further.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-05 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I am truly, TRULY baffled as to why this thread exists.
    I have access to the exact same gear as you, my character is thoroughly pimped and performs amazingly well in logs and ranks; but that is completely irrelevant.

My issue is, if you have to ask questions like this, then you really aren't raiding for the right reasons at all. In fact, you're raiding for straight up the wrong reasons, and I urge every person annoyed by this thread to point out that if you're raiding to lord it over other people, then why fucking bother? You should be raiding to have fun at any difficulty, not to rub it in people's faces like some child that has nothing better to do.

I feel for the LFR players happily playing the game because some guy who jumped into serious raiding mid Cata (those shared achievements are fun yo, guess sunwell and LK hc 25 was just too hard) feels like he has to demean and insult them.

Take it from me, I have raided hardcore since SSC. If YOU want to play LFR and have fun, enjoy it. Don't feel chastised or insulted because people seem to think you're "entitled", enjoy the game, because you clearly are, and above all, ignore assholes like OP who are desperate to play the big boy, because usually, they just aren't that special themselves.
    Now there's someone I can look up to. Don't get me wrong, your gear looks very pretty, and while that earns my respect for your gaming skills, your post earned my respect for you as a person - which, years from now, we'll end up seeing was much more enduring then those (very pretty) 543s & 549s.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well said. Of course, it will fall on deaf ears. Those people are determined to prove that LFR hurts their experience, and thus the game. Not sure why, since nothing makes them do LFR or anything, but whatever.
    It does hurt them but it's for more subtle reasons more important then OMG may gears and boss models are yours. Those arguments from "hardcore wannabe" thats what those players are who are worried about them killing gutted bosses and poor quality gear are not valid and easily dismissed.

Important issues to the problem are already being adressed in other manners <Flex raiding> we will just have to see how it plays out. It may take an entire expansion reset to fully shift the gameplay to a point that the gear up process for new players doesn't consist of LFR que and PVP afk grind.

The raiding experience is still there it just doesn't exist in LFR. Currently they are missing part of the assembly line. It's effectively a ladder that isn't grounded allowing a smooth climb. The ladder is dangling and you need to make a running jump to attempt to pull yourself up.
    It is sad to see the loss of years of efforts on Blizzard part in trying to bridge the gap and make a stepping ladder into normal raiding only for them pull it away after introducing LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty the opinion of whiny beta-sociopath midcores who think only they know the one true way the game is meant to be played on how I spend my evenings ingame could not possibly matter less to me. People who raid to lord it over people are the sort of people who work a cash register at a hotel and think they're important because of the name on the building is a prestigious one, despite doing what amounts to a monkey's job.
    Just one thing. The game used to be like that once. And it got changed for the likes of you. Now the most popular argument of guys like you is "dont care what others do". Why did players whine then they wanted to see Ilidan and get free epics? According to you they shouldnt be bothered what others are doing?

I put forth very little effort to get where I am. This expansion more then ever. I personally define myself as casual.
    I don't care what you define yourself as. You can call yourself whatever makes you happy. If there's any truth to what you posted, you are in the top 2-3% of all players. Very few are capable of reaching that level. 99% of all the players who hero worship you will quit before reaching a fraction of your achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And it's people like you that think the game catering to your impulsive playstyle doesn't hurt the rest of the game.
    OK, if you're going to judge people off the bat, then so will I.

You posted without an armory link, you must clearly be a bad terrible scrub. Why aren't you putting it there? Are you afraid? You are the cancer killing WoW because you clearly cannot prove yourself when you insult people. If people like you didn't exist raiding would be so much more popular. Maybe if people like you read up on their class the community would be better.

Alongside every single other retarded crap people attack people with. People like you disgust me who demean without ANY backbone or proof that you are good or ever have been. You joined this forum THIS MONTH, you have joined to add fuel to the fire, seriously, why bother? No self respecting good player actually attacks casuals, because they play the game because they -ENJOY IT-, not because they live such a pathetic life that they have to feel superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well said. Of course, it will fall on deaf ears. Those people are determined to prove that LFR hurts their experience, and thus the game. Not sure why, since nothing makes them do LFR or anything, but whatever.
    You, or the guy you quoted just can't see the big picture. I guess every cause need's a white knight, kinda ironic that someone accuse the OP to want to feel special while its the only reason he made that post. That or he literally never did anything but raiding within his guild, because you literally have to be blind to not see how badly the community has degraded over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It is sad to see the loss of years of efforts on Blizzard part in trying to bridge the gap and make a stepping ladder into normal raiding only for them pull it away after introducing LFR.
    No. They pulled it away when they effectively removed 10N when they levelled it off with 25N.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Just one thing. The game used to be like that once. And it got changed for the likes of you. Now the most popular argument of guys like you is "dont care what others do". Why did players whine then they wanted to see Ilidan and get free epics? According to you they shouldnt be bothered what others are doing?
    Cause they're all full of shit and blindly defending their toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think on average from LFR you can expect 2 drops a week; not always useful drops however; and LFR opens in stages after N/H. Even if they were, you're looking at about 2 months to get to that level at its fastest, so you're probably halfway through the tier before you're geared for it. By that point, raiding guilds have started on Heroics and your gear is still inadequate.

This is after having just made it to the end of the previous tier bear in mind. So not only are you behind, you're actually at a very real risk of slipping away further.
    Which is why battlefield barrens and Timeless isle exist and are slowly being refined and tested to faciliatate alternative gearing methods far more effective then LFR. It does take time however to develop and test the new tech.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me entertainment is not sitting in the capital waiting for the next braindead minigame to pop up. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Anyway like I said above, the subs are dropping and will continue to do so.
    You say the "for me" part and then you are completely oblivious to what that means.

"I like how it works for me" doesn't mean "Everyone likes it my way."

Predicting any kind of subscription numbers for WoW is difficult, because we in the NA/EU markets really don't know shit about the Asian market, which has a huge influence on the numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why do they?
    Why do you feel entitled to have exclusive access to content? What does it hurt you, or the game, for lfr content to exist? If as you say lfr is only for the terrible it won't impact you at all because you will continue to see content with other skilled players and the less skilled will see content in lfr.

Why is it a problem that someone has an easier time seeing content. A time that is more appropriate to their skill level and interests?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't, generally, care what other people were doing. I did care that my money was going toward developing an aspect of the game that was cut off from me, because I had a shred of guild loyalty left after we got royally fucked by guild poachers. I was being punished for playing with my friends instead of people I could barely tolerate for the sake of progressing my character. LFD and LFR fixed that and now, I play when I want, how I want, and so long as I pull my weight I can get my shit taken care of and move on. I still couldn't care less what people do with their playtime. I'm too busy having fun playing the game.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You, or the guy you quoted just can't see the big picture. I guess every cause need's a white knight, kinda ironic that someone accuse the OP to want to feel special while its the only reason he made that post. That or he literally never did anything but raiding within his guild, because you literally have to be blind to not see how badly the community has degraded over the years.
    It's funny because LFR has only been in the game for a year and a half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You say the "for me" part and then you are completely oblivious to what that means.

"I like how it works for me" doesn't mean "Everyone likes it my way."

Predicting any kind of subscription numbers for WoW is difficult, because we in the NA/EU markets really don't know shit about the Asian market, which has a huge influence on the numbers.
    Thats why I said we'll have to agree to disagree? I know I spoke only for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Early Cataclysm is when they pulled the football away from Charlie Brown. "Those easy 5 mand and raids in Wrath? Just kidding! Wait, why are you unsubbing? You weren't supposed to do that!!"
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    It's funny because LFR has only been in the game for a year and a half.
    Where did i say it was purely from LFR? LFD started the trend.