Deleted

Meet our feral druid? (improvements)

Ok had some big discoveries doing this. If you could kindly help me out with our feral kitty. How is his gear/"rotation" fairing? We noticed his uptime could be better but since none of us are feral wouldn't mind a more educated evaluation.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A8d/advanced

some logs:
    1. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9307&e=9575
    2. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6556&e=6837
    3. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5153&e=5795

TY so much. I really appreciate all the help so far

All of his gear/reforges look pretty much on point. To be honest I didn't find issue with the Iron Juggernaut or Garrosh logs, and his DPS looked pretty competitive there. All of your DPS were quite close. On Fallen Protectors, I noticed two things. First, obviously, is the 66% Rip uptime. That's a pretty huge deal since, as you can see, it pretty much ties with Rake as his largest source of damage. To me, this demonstrates that he may be struggling with the amount of target switching on Fallen Protectors. It can be difficult as a Feral, especially without a Rogue to use symbiosis on - he's probably losing a lot of combo points by having to switch all the time. I think he just needs to keep a better eye on his Rip, and make sure he clips it if needed before a target swap so that it continues to roll. Another thing I noticed is that, despite Protectors having many more potential targets, he cast almost the exact amount of Rakes on both Iron Juggernaut and Protectors (and the fights were almost identical in length). This tells me that he's not multi-dotting with Rake when possible. Granted, the targets can be pretty spread out on Protectors, but he should be utilizing every opportunity to put Rake on additional targets while maintaining his single target rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't need a rogue for target swapping as a Warlock is generally a much better candidate (Soul Swap)!

Multi-target fights are hard to analyze b/c of the differing strats that can be involved, so I tend to look at single target fights to make sure the basic rotation is in play. His reforging is adequate and is just shy of hit cap. Not a huge deal, but it always stinks to miss a DoC buffed Rip. It is a dps gain to use FoN on single target fights even though it can be a pain to monitor something else. He is using Shred a lot more then he is using Mangle. Especially when using SotF as a talent, you want to maximize your use of finishers and in this case Mangle is better damage per energy (dpe). The only other thing that is a bit off is overall Thrash damage. He had 23 OoC proc's, so his uptime could have been a bit better.

*getting the legendary cloak will add another ~5% damage

Edit: Almost all the above post said, swapping to mangle for faster combo points and faster rips.
    Last edited by Naojirou; 2013-10-07 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Soul Swap is, in my opinion, pretty bad idea for fights where multi-dotting is a viable option.

Deleted
    Ty for the effort of looking him over - am v.pleased with the outcome. Am going over all our raiders just to keep it fair and if there are any improvements to be made. Will pass this along ty again

Quote Originally Posted by exolaris View Post
    Granted, the targets can be pretty spread out on Protectors, but he should be utilizing every opportunity to put Rake on additional targets while maintaining his single target rotation.
    We have rook and tender heart stacked for most of it so this shouldn't be a issue.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greez View Post
    Soul Swap is, in my opinion, pretty bad idea for fights where multi-dotting is a viable option.
    Get dots up, get 4-5cp (depending on DoC charges remaining), SS to another target, apply new dots? You can abuse the hell out of the t16 4piece as well for 'free' combo points.

On topic now. I don't see a huge amount wrong with everything, it's probably just fine tuning. With the exception being I think he could do a lot better job of maintaining rip and rake on Garrosh in p1. It's hard to tell but I think he might be trying to keep thrash up a bit too much to the detriment of his rip uptime. Until he gets the t16 4piece I wouldn't advise doing something like that because unless you get some lucky crits you're going to have a tough time being able to keep up DoC'd rips if you're applying so many thrashes without clearcasting.

His best plan would probably be to go and play HotW instead of DoC because he doesn't have many heroic kills so that extra potential damage from DoC isn't going to make or break anything.

I can see some of the reforges are haste from Mastery! Is that fine to even touch the mastery that way? I am a bit confused Is this something to do with meta or RoR? I just always been under the impression that Mastery is the King of Kings, was I mistaken? Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabira View Post
    I can see some of the reforges are haste from Mastery! Is that fine to even touch the mastery that way? I am a bit confused Is this something to do with meta or RoR? I just always been under the impression that Mastery is the King of Kings, was I mistaken? Thanks in advance!
    I don't know much but i think its because of trinket (RoR).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    Get dots up, get 4-5cp (depending on DoC charges remaining), SS to another target, apply new dots? You can abuse the hell out of the t16 4piece as well for 'free' combo points.
    Only got my 4pc last week, didnt raid with it yet - I can see how this is nice. Without 4pc though its no different than just switching targets and applying dots, hence my comment.

Deleted
    Ja - as far as aware mastery is king and he's keeping it slightly above I personally hate RoR but he's been getting into with having a WA and all.