Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can see them going with the new character models but no new race next expansion. There would still be the possibility of a new class though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think so, redoing all the old races is going to take a lot of time so i think we would just get those instead of a new one, which i am happy with!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'd be very happy, we have enough races already. Long as everyone gets a one-time free respec of appearance with the model update.
    I would agree with this. A full re-customization would suffice, but not a race change. You chose the race you did. If you want to change races you should have to pay for that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    but after lot of messages released by Blizzard's representatives: "New character models is too much work, tons of problems incomming."
    Who the fuck ever said this?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

This would be a good idea. We have enough races as it is, many of which suffer from a serious lack of development in the lore and visual department. Adding another playable race would make it even more difficult for those races to receive some of that much need attention.

It'd be better if Blizzard focused on upgrading the existing character models and allowed players to choose from racial sub-factions. Such as:

Dwarves: Dark Iron and Wildhammer. (maybe earthen, but that'd be pushing it too far)
    Nigh Elves: Maybe a Highborne model or something.
    Orcs: Blackrock clan, Mag'har.
    Trolls: Forrest trolls.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be as a 'feature' in the new expansion pack. Also I got the feeling we'll see a new hero class and not a new race. Just my 2 cents.
    ALTF4.

Deleted
    Might even fix the bug with dwarf beards appearing through helms, would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Who the fuck ever said this?
    No one, GC has confirmed multiple times that they're being worked on.

That said, I'd be surprised if they were ready by next expansion, I think the last we heard that MIGHT have two races done by the end of MOP, I doubt we're going to see the remaining crapton done by the launch of the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    No one, GC has confirmed multiple times that they're being worked on.

That said, I'd be surprised if they were ready by next expansion, I think the last we heard that MIGHT have two races done by the end of MOP, I doubt we're going to see the remaining crapton done by the launch of the next expansion.

If two races take longer than an expansion to make, they might as well forget it, since I seem to remember them saying they want to release them all at once. Thats another whole 3 expansions at least just for the original 8 to be ready.

I would laugh SOOOO hard if Blizz say something like

"So that people don't feel like they're being FORCED to change their character with the addition of the new models and to give people more choice, we'll allow the new models to be 'unlocked' for your account if you choose to instead...

...FOR 19.99!!! This covers all the cost of developing them and, afterall it is just a cosmetic change that doesn't effect the game"

I can't see them stooping THAT low though just yet.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't accept revamped old content as new content.

I also don't consider the 1-60 revamp as part of Cata's plate of content.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated character models are nice and all but I still want the dance studio promised to me by blizzard.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    New character models... They are going to be free next expansion, and probably come in the 6.0 (right before the actual expansions release). Iam pretty sure they are going to give free character changes... but only for your race. For a new race, I think it is far to likely, as it "adds" to the content.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    New race would be nice from a story point of view.
    Personally the new models hold less of an appeal to me, particularly being towards the low end of the system requirements then I am well used to sacrificing eye-candy for better results.
    arrrg I hate to think that the graphics potential would be held back because some people are still gaming on a 500 computer they bought at Walmart in 2003.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhuck View Post
    arrrg I hate to think that the graphics potential would be held back because some people are still gaming on a 500 computer they bought at Walmart in 2003.
    That is one way how blizzard keeps exceptionally high sub numbers, by allowing EVERYBODY to play regardless of computer power.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

I think it makes sense, though it does provide less alt content for an expac, as every previous expac had the lure of creating a new class/race to level up.

If we had to pick, I'd rather get new models for the existing races instead of adding new races. I can't think of any new races that would get me too excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhuck View Post
    sometimes when I am at my parrent's house, I play on old Thinkpad, 1.2 Ghz, 1GB Ram and integrated GPU ... and it works ... I think, it is one of better WoW features.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

I expect that we'll get updated models around the same time they decide to remove the sub fee. We'll see updated models for free, and customization packs for a nominal fee to go along with the current offerings in the barber shop. I think the current testing for the in game store is exactly what something like this would use.

I sure hope not, I've been living with my old model for many years now, and I can wait some time more. However, I'm getting impatient about getting to play an Ogre. If the "new models over a new race" card is played I'm gonna be sad.