Thread: Holy Priest 5.4

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if clicked Lightwell healed 5 times as much there is no requirement to use that version. The reason they are doing the change is because such a high % of holy priests use the glyph of Lightspring making that fall into the too mandatory category for them so they are making it baseline instead. This also says that for Lightwell versus Lightspring, Lightwell needs to have a buff of some kind for people to use that version.

Personally, I've never had an issue using the clicked version of Lightwell, and even with Lightspring in the game, if it fills a gap in the cooldown rotation I will leave it unglyphed and have people click it, the same as using healthstones and personals as part of the cooldown rotation.

While holy nova hitting everyone in range is actually a buff, not increasing the sp scaling while keeping the healing division won't make it worth casting still. Can't wait fro your holy nova to hit a stacked 25m for 800 for 8k mana eh? Even sanctuary heals more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    While holy nova hitting everyone in range is actually a buff, not increasing the sp scaling while keeping the healing division won't make it worth casting still. Can't wait fro your holy nova to hit a stacked 25m for 800 for 8k mana eh? Even sanctuary heals more than that.
    Maybe it will heal the same per person as it currently does for 5? It doesn't really say anything about that.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Healing is divided among the number of targets healed. These effects cause no threat.
    The above line is right on the tooltip of the spell but we'll find out when this build will get on ptr i suppose.

The above line is right on the tooltip of the spell but we'll find out when this build will get on ptr i suppose.
    Let's cross our fingers? Although I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to make a spell even worse than Sanctuary.. lol
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The challenge is to make a Holy Nova glyph that is worthwhile to use in some circumstance without making it mandatory. At least they noticed it was worthless as-is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to see another ToC Twins fight where you stacked up at the door the whole fight and all you did was spam Holy Nova button:P I don't even want to spam it during any stacked AoE tbh... They should slap a CD on Holy Nova if they intend to make it worth using while stacked. I don't see the meaning of trying to make it useful if it will be spammable aswell.

I'm guessing holy nova change's for Thok and won't be worth casting unless you can't cast anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, hopefully it will stay a lul spell, much like Sanc is now. To use when you are tired of waiting for real dmg to happen;P Entertainment!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather see Holy Nova used as a mechanic to refresh DA or EoL on targets or maybe have HN refresh renew in Serenity Chakra and buff aoe healing on targets in Sanctuary chakra. Anything but a spammable spell that does nothing, or a spammable spell that causes us to cast nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I'd much rather see Holy Nova used as a mechanic to refresh DA or EoL on targets or maybe have HN refresh renew in Serenity Chakra and buff aoe healing on targets in Sanctuary chakra. Anything but a spammable spell that does nothing, or a spammable spell that causes us to cast nothing else.
    There's no way having it refresh renew can be viable without being OP as hell, although having it buff aoe healing could be interesting, it could add a bit of interactivity between spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    That is actually a very good point. With high crit rate and while the raid is full you can potentially keep a good chunk of your aegis after a divine star or Halo alive with holy nova. Spam it three times and most ppl in the raid will get a crit. It is not very useful for refreshing EoL at best you might prolong it for a few seconds.

fdcl change is very nice but you still won't have the mana without mindbender. I doubt there will be as much 'downtime' for us to lay low on heals on SoO as there is in ToT with more emphasis on steady damage on the next raid.
    FDCL is 9-10% of your max mana per minute. Mindbender is 10-11% of your max mana per minute. FDCL is massively higher HPS too. You are one of the few people who will take mindbender instead of FDCL (unless they wanna DPS) and I doubt you will keep it for long.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2013-07-28 at 01:29 AM.

So question, with a lot of the siege fights looking like they have high amounts of steady aoe damage, and the legendary cloak converting overheals into healing, will mastery specced holy priests reign supreme in siege? I'm thinking most holy priests will get enough haste for the first renew breakpoint which is just lol easy at this point, and then just dump everything else into mastery.

Also I'm not happy about being forced into FDCL because blizzard decided to make it interact with our tier set bonus so well but that's mostly because I love my squid companion so much and il miss the little guy

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    The change to lightwell towards a glyph is pretty logical tbh: they want glyphs to be "something gained/something lost" and lightwell being more powerful but depending on raiders using it is exactly that. Further more, I dont think Lightspring needed a buff - for a fire and forget smart spell, it is already really good.
    Agree with this. Lightwell was never one of my complaints as holy. In fact, it often educated my fellow raiders and they knew they can click it when they're in troube or if we in need of a little raid cd without activating our big guns. It went as far as them telling me they miss clicking the Lightwell. Blizzard didn't nerf Lightspring, they buffed Lightwell and I can deffo see myself glyphing and unglyphing it depending on the fight. Unlike Chakra, this is a choice that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by twilista View Post
    So question, with a lot of the siege fights looking like they have high amounts of steady aoe damage, and the legendary cloak converting overheals into healing, will mastery specced holy priests reign supreme in siege? I'm thinking most holy priests will get enough haste for the first renew breakpoint which is just lol easy at this point, and then just dump everything else into mastery.

Also I'm not happy about being forced into FDCL because blizzard decided to make it interact with our tier set bonus so well but that's mostly because I love my squid companion so much and il miss the little guy
    If they don't change the proc any healer which experiences a high % of OH (Resto Druids, MWs, Resto Shaman, Holy Priests) are going to be Gods. For me, on Sha of Pride HC, despite the legendary cloak scaling to 550 (which incidently cut it's RPPM from 1.4 to 0.89) the legendary proc did around 15-20%~ of my total healing done on most attempts. It's going to get changed though, it's way too powerful on PTR at the moment.

If they don't change the proc any healer which experiences a high % of OH (Resto Druids, MWs, Resto Shaman, Holy Priests) are going to be Gods. For me, on Sha of Pride HC, despite the legendary cloak scaling to 550 (which incidently cut it's RPPM from 1.4 to 0.89) the legendary proc did around 15-20%~ of my total healing done on most attempts. It's going to get changed though, it's way too powerful on PTR at the moment.
    Ah. This is what happens when blizzard gives everyone nice things. Becomes impossible to balance across all specs and roles. O well in before it gets changed to a boring 3% increase to healing proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Why should Holy have to pace themselves, when the other healers really don't? Either we all do it or the model is broken, right?

Really still feels like Holy lacks utility, carries the albatross called Chakra, and is limited by mana far more then other healers.

Pandaria, although positive in a few directions, just doesn't feel like it was done well.
    Some specs get paced by mana some by CDs; some specs have a the option for temporary higher hps for more mana usage, while others have a thoughput CD - which is more inflexible but can't be misused. I prefer the more flexible version of a 'CD' which can even be reduced by spirit. I mean who wouldn't want to have an option to reduce their CDs with some stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilista View Post

Actually all the tier pieces have mastery and not haste. I don't mind but if you care about break points (because you are ten man or you still like renew in 25s) then getting to it will require some thought. Likely gemming haste/int or similar. That is if you are lucky enough to get full tier early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WinniPriest View Post
    Actually all the tier pieces have mastery and not haste. I don't mind but if you care about break points (because you are ten man or you still like renew in 25s) then getting to it will require some thought. Likely gemming haste/int or similar. That is if you are lucky enough to get full tier early on.
    Lightwell breakpoint is pretty important to me. Sanctuary breakpoint may end up being very important with the 4pc.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

"The team takes more of a long term view of when making changes now. They are thinking about not only the next expansion, but the one after that when they make changes."

Perhaps they're gearing up in an attempt to rework Holy Nova into Disc's AoE rotation? I have a feeling we'll see something interesting done with it in the next few patches.