10+ Year Old Account

Multi Class Skilled?

At the moment I am pretty good at Feral and Hunter but only being good at DPS has its limitation. Im currently leveling a prot warrior and I want to be skilled at it aswell figure it would open up more options for myself. How much value does being skilled in more than one class?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    How much value does being skilled in more than one class?
    I imagine it would give your raid group some flexibility, which is where it really counts. Not to mention, the more roles you are comfortable playing, the more likely you are to be aware of encounter mechanics on the whole, instead of just the ones that would apply to you as, say, a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    doing the fights and melee and ranged gives me a better understanding of whats going on from different perspectives. Like on horridon how much running around melee have to do. Or like on tortos how much of a pain those whirl turtles are
    14/14h and finally done

I'd say to follow what you feel. If you're getting bored of your other classes then you may as well reroll, I guess.

(Come to the dark side, join the altaholics)

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to reroll. I enjoy hunter Ive played it since I started playing in BC feral I picked up in wrath. Im pretty damn good at them both and I will continue to play them through thick and thin. Just want to add something else to my playable classes. My war is 83 and i enjoy it more than I enjoy bear on my druid.
    14/14h and finally done

What I have done is to create a healer alt & tank alt. Just by playing these and running the normal ToT pugs grants a lot more understanding of what problems each role face and with that information, future boss mechanics are much more understandable and makes me able to workaround them and setting up a proper setup. My main is Hunter aswell, which I have been playing since vanilla.

It depends on how "hardcore" you are when it comes to raiding. I can't name any off the top of my head, but I know I read somewhere that a lot of the super high-end world first guilds actually require their raiders to have multiple geared alts and know how to play them, because there are situations where the "optimal" group makeup for a fight might require you to switch from a melee DPS to a ranged DPS, or bring an extra healer, or whatever.

Fortunately for me, I am not in one of those guilds. My warrior has been my main since I started playing back in Vanilla. I did level a warlock and holy paladin in BC as well, and there have been some situations where my guild has asked me to bring those for raids. But for the most part, I stick with my fury warrior. These days, my warrior is still my only level 90 character, and I only play my alts when I get REALLY bored. My holy paladin and warlock are both still sitting at level 85. The only things I've done with them since MoP are level their professions to max.