Thread: Chimpanzees

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    enough with the "a man could beat a chimpanzee" Bullshit.

an adult chimpanzee would decimate any human in a fight.
    Exactly.

Not the same animal, but a female (FEMALE) Orangutan in a zoo, weighing 130lbs or so, pulled with one hand I think about 700-800lbs. Yes, Orangutans are slightly stronger than chimps, but this is a 130lb female. Imagine a 180lb male chimp. It would completely rip someone apart.

Someone like Brock Lesnar, who is strong AND knows how to fight, may, however slightly, stand a chance. But it is still a very big stretch.

Humans gave up strength for dexterity. Our moments of extreme strength (Life or death situations, like lifting a car off a loved one), only happen when all muscles work in sync at once, and even then it puts immense strain on them. Were not in any way strong compared to other animals. I don't know why people think a chimp would be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://features.cgsociety.org/newgal...4523_large.jpg

give them time.... time is all they need!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Exactly.

Not the same animal, but a female (FEMALE) Orangutan in a zoo, weighing 130lbs or so, pulled with one hand I think about 700-800lbs. Yes, Orangutans are slightly stronger than chimps, but this is a 130lb female. Imagine a 180lb male chimp. It would completely rip someone apart.

Someone like Brock Lesnar, who is strong AND knows how to fight, may, however slightly, stand a chance. But it is still a very big stretch.

Humans gave up strength for dexterity. Our moments of extreme strength (Life or death situations, like lifting a car off a loved one), only happen when all muscles work in sync at once, and even then it puts immense strain on them. Were not in any way strong compared to other animals. I don't know why people think a chimp would be nothing.
    Or sadly when our bodies/minds PERCEIVE mortal danger....That release seems to have a borderline hair trigger on me...NOT FUN MAN NOT FUN! And as someone who HAS experienced that/....Yeah i;d rather try and face off against a small group of cops then a chimp in that state..Things be nasty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://features.cgsociety.org/newgal...4523_large.jpg

give them time.... time is all they need!
    Somone photoshop that pic to have beatles attire...NOW!

Bonobos, Dolphins and Elephants seems to have the most potential to me.
    Chimpanzees are extremely aggressive and unpredictable, too human.
    Bonobos are almost like a self-domesticated version of a Chimpanzee.

Dolphins and Elephants both have a great potential to make a civilization. Both Dolphins and Elephants have culture, a Dolphin civilization would be vastly different than ours due to how they live and due to their inability to manipulate objects.

Deleted
    A human can get fists of stone or arms who are 2m long quit easy (like hold a rock in the hand or a wooden branch)
    Go to 1:00

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Somone photoshop that pic to have beatles attire...NOW!

Done

Deleted

Done
    Send in the clones! Apart from the ape of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Them being vicious at times and ripping your face off would be one disadvantage to start you off.
    But humans are like that, too.

- - - Updated - - -

we should protect them in their natural environment, we should study them for knowledge, but under no circumstance try and interfere and accelerate the evolution process on another species. Sure accelerate our own evolution I am all for that, however until an animal turns round and says in a clear and understandable way they it wants to evolve at a faster pace than nature has dictated then we should not interfere.
    We already have real-life examples of the idea that accellerating someone's technological advancement may not be all that good for them - North American Natives, and Aboriginals. As far as the Canadian Natives go, um, sorry, guys, we were only trying to help, but something went wrong somewhere. At least our only wars were more over Fnrech-Catholocism vs Anglo Protestantism, but then, you kinda got suckered into that crap, too.

Ah, maybe they would be better having being left in the Stone Age, but it's too late now - I doubt many of my neighbours would like to be left without electric lights and stuff. Cripes, they'd probably slug me for bringing up the idea of them being without certain things they like that they wouldn't have had if .. well, you know. Simply because, well, they like those things, and probably wouldn't like to roll back the clock, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

Done!
    LOLOLOLOL! Idiots! LOLOLOLOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    It's easy to want them to be "humanlike", and that's understandable.

But if you ever seen the documentary Project NIM (Nim Chimpsky) the ultimate conclusion was not that Nim learned language, it was that he became an exceptional beggar.

There are somewhat complex things you can run them thru for a reward, but it's only complicated begging.
    Sounds like the Third World to me. Also the nonsense that Noam Chomsky spewed - you know, the one who hated apes so much, he redefined language so hard he took it out the hands of 5 year old humans as well as apes. Yet he whines on and on and on about the third world ...