Poll: What Kind of Zombie Survivor Would You Be

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i went for balance, i'd have to help some semblance of humanity survive.

personally, i'd be equipping myself with my katana and heading for the docks - where i live, we have massive meditteranean cruise ships frequently in dock - if i couldn't fight my way onto one of those and take it just offshore, then i'd head for a smaller ship, preferably a fishing vessel, perhaps a container ship - as you may find lots of imported goods inside the containers which you could live off of for months. (we have huge ones of those dock at our port too)

but seriously, a cruise ship would be ideal, you could anchor it just off the coast and live off of the supplies on board - once the supplies run out, you'd have to make supply runs, but there should be enough onboard to last a few months anyway. zombies will have a hard time scaling the sides of a cruise ship even if they make it that far across water to start with.

i've had my zombie apocalypse scenario planned out for years, my whole family knows it, get to the docks, board the oriana. it might require some A-team style vehicle mods to get across town (like hell am i doing it on foot), but i'm sure i could get a perimiter set up in order to allow me the time and space to make an effective zombie siege vehicle out of my car.
    I hope someone in your group knows how to handle that giant ship when a storm hits. You would also need to keep it running and finding those supplies may be an issue. I'd think it would just end up anchored permanently at some point though. Overall, it's a solid plan once you get the kinks worked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably become a Zombie or opt-out. If by any chance I survive than I would probably sail to some abandoned island off the coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

what about staying in my basment ? its full of supplies and a iron door
    thank you paranoid grandpa

Hunter, or rather, fisherman.

living where i live, getting a boat, rifle, fishing rod/line/nets would'nt take me longer than 10 minutes if i were to leg it. and seeing as we own two guns allready, i think i would be fine.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    Hunter, or rather, fisherman.

living where i live, getting a boat, rifle, fishing rod/line/nets would'nt take me longer than 10 minutes if i were to leg it. and seeing as we own two guns allready, i think i would be fine.
    Inb4 zombie fish? *grumbles*...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is no right answer, the poll should have been multiple answers, tbh you need a few of these to be a true winner if you werent converted in the inital wave.

Ruthless Raider hunter groupie.

That doesnt make sense to much, but hear me out. The thing is, you cant protect everyone, the ones that can survive on their own, are the ones you want to group with, trying to protect lesser members degrades the effectiveness in the group. So if you try to save everyone you can, you are going to fail. Going at it alone is suicide, because you need to sleep, you can't function 24 hours a day, someone else has to be there to help.

Once you get your effective group set up, you really can't "build" an effective fortification due to the time it takes to make it zombie proof, and people proof. Although, you do have to raid store houses, outskirt malls etc, I dont think I could raid other people. But the sad fact is, other people can and will raid you. So if you do bunker up, you need a place that doesn't just stop zombies, but other people you dont want in. So you will have to survive off the land for a long time till you stumble across something that can do that for you, which unfortunately might be taken already :P

There is no one set path to be, you have to learn to adapt and do everything if you truly want to survive, its not just you vs the zombies, its you vs zombies vs other people not part of your group. Thats how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidpci View Post
    I hope someone in your group knows how to handle that giant ship when a storm hits. You would also need to keep it running and finding those supplies may be an issue. I'd think it would just end up anchored permanently at some point though. Overall, it's a solid plan once you get the kinks worked out.
    oh totally, i'd let it drift out to sea then anchor it permanently, screw trying to actually sail it to somewhere uninfected (unless we found the captain alive onboard or something).

i'd use lifeboats and easily manageable craft to get ashore for surplus supplies. or a rowboat, depends whatever is available i guess.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Like most people, I'd be Zombie chow.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

What's so interesting about this poll thus far is that the leading choice is to simply give up. I don't understand why...

Edit: 2nd leading choice Okay, that gives me some hope here lol.

Deleted
    survival is a hobby of mine, so i will take to the woods and live life there, anyone willing to learn is welcome to join me

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidpci View Post
    What's so interesting about this poll thus far is that the leading choice is to simply give up. I don't understand why...

Edit: 2nd leading choice Okay, that gives me some hope here lol.
    I'd say it's less simply giving up and more that those people who picked that particular option (myself included) acknowledge the fact that some survival skills and weaponry know-how are probably required to ensure survival. I'd do my damnedest to stay alive, but it's just not flippin' likely!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I'd probably be a Zombie, can't see myself suriving more than a couple days, tops.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    OTHER! If it was slow zombies i'd be a fighter. Proper head over to one of the many towers in town (which were literally built to defend in), don on a suit of armour and knock about loppin zombies down left right and center (possibly filming it to shove on youtube later).

If it was fast zombies, I'd head over to the military base in town (although i think it shut down recently). Failing that I'd try to be a hybrid of some of the options prioritising my survival but working with others if it provides me with better security and chicks to bang etc.

Fast zombies would be bad. I don't think we'd win that war.

Deleted
    Also going threw walking dead withdrawal cannot wait for season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rutland View Post
    Also going threw walking dead withdrawal cannot wait for season 4
    Did you play the Telltale game/400 days? If not, I highly recommend!

Mixed carebear hunter.
    Leg it to the woods, north (harsh winters), take as many people as you can to form a stable community. Create a self-sufficient hunter-gatherer tribe. Life would be harsh, of course, but it's better than death, and it's certainly better than being beaten to a pulp by your peers. In the wilds, you can at least outlast the zombies if you know what you're doing, know how to gather food, know how to filter (and gather) water, and know how to make items like clothing and basic tools. And unlike what most people think: Being a hunter by yourself isn't a good survival strategy; the tribe is a most important part of survival.

I don't have any illusions about myself So either dead or ruthless/balanced scavenger/hunter.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I would say Ruthless but i voted for balance there is no way you can survive without teaming up every now and then.

Deleted
    I would be a combination of Ruthless and Raider with a little bit of Balanced on the sides. I would only care about the very few people that I really love. Everyone else will be a source of supplies. Joel from The Last of Us pretty much.