Will we be viable at all in RBG's in 5.4?

So now that Prot isn't needed in RBG's and with the arms buffs, will people actually take us for anything greater then 1700+ or no? I only play a warrior and a monk so not sure how good/bad the nerfs and buffs for other melee classes will be when I read the patch notes. Will there be any reason to bring us over a ret/rogue/DK/WW monk/Enhance?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only time will tell I guess. It is still a long long time until 5.4 ships and many changes could still occur. Prot Warriors in its current state (live) is rather ... good. The changes so far only seems to be more of balancing rather than a major nerf.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    Only time will tell I guess. It is still a long long time until 5.4 ships and many changes could still occur. Prot Warriors in its current state (live) is rather ... good. The changes so far only seems to be more of balancing rather than a major nerf.
    Considering, that OP is talking about PvP I guess he meant Prot as a Flagcarrier-type.

OT: Reworking of Shieldwall and Spellreflect will make us a bit more viable. But I fear many buffs Arms had was about cleavedamage, thou that additional slam damage while CS is up increases our burst. I think you will find more Arms warriors in Arena and RBGs with 5.4 again. Let´s see what time brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Prot wont be. That is obvious.

Arms might be. Bladestorm is 1min, Sweeping Strikes is now 75%, and Slam is doing some cleave, so maybe Arms aoe damage makes it somewhat viable, even though it lacks any real CC or utility.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Arms might be. Bladestorm is 1min, Sweeping Strikes is now 75%, and Slam is doing some cleave, so maybe Arms aoe damage makes it somewhat viable, even though it lacks any real CC or utility.
    They could add a 50% melee buff to all suffering classes, maybe then... But given how RBGs are played today positioning is just to important, sadly a ranged has a way better chance to survive a hard switch plain and simple (even after the removal of the 15% damage reduction in shadow- & owlform, etc).

Prot is dead, so are the other tanks. With the removal of vengeance, the additional damage taken from carrying a flag and so on there's almost no room to bring a tank. You could still work a sole defender on a hold the node-battle ground, but pet classes regulary do noticeable better in this scenario because they add more damage when a fight shifts to their position.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-08 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    arms is not really getting buffed,they are more class fixes or QOL changes.for arms to be good again we have to do top end damage/burst period.when you see direct damage buffs to thing like MS and OP then arms will be good again.the slam buff does little to nothing for arms pvp.what's the range on slams cleave,5 yards?who the fuck stands that close to one another in pvp?

arms will get "good" again next x-pac for one season.its the same pattern/cycle over and over again.

What meathead said, arms still lacks of single target damage and aoe by quite a bit.

No buff to single target = arms warriors still not viable.

FYI: Adjust sweeping strikes so that way its cleave range is big enough to be viable in pvp.