Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    By far the best legendary concept the game has ever had. With little exception this has been the most useful during progression as almost all of the others aren't obtained until well after progression is over for almost anyone. The RNG grind is practically identical so not much to say there. This is also the first time ever that the toxic effects of legendary assignment to a raid member haven't existed to destroy many many many guilds with literally zero upside like before.

To be honest, the concept this expansion has rolled with beats the absolute shit out of any previous legendary to date. One could complain than a cloak isn't as "epic" as a weapon but honestly the net gain is about the same so any intelligent and logically minded person shouldn't really care that much.

It's actually a little pathetic that some people are so blind to all the major upsides of this system compared to previous ones just because it isn't a weapon. Kind of embarrassing that this community has so many people that see things so irrationally and tunnel-minded.
    Yeah awesome during progression if RNG hasn't screwed you dry and left you 2 patches behind on getting the quests done... yeah fan bloody tastic concept.

Deleted
    considering its avaible too all classes i think going with a cloak was a far better idea then weapons.

the complaint of it being too acessible i find a bit mood, since the previous Legendary weapons were really easy too get for classes who could use them all also.
    (this chain started at shadowmourne, as it predecessor from ulduar wasnt as common then and now compared too everything that came after it. though thor'idal might be grouped with the newer ones considering it had a normal droprate)

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Yeah awesome during progression if RNG hasn't screwed you dry and left you 2 patches behind on getting the quests done... yeah fan bloody tastic concept.
    But not everyone should have it, so why should you?

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Compared to before where it was nearly impossible on most of the legendaries for ANYONE to have it at all during progression?

Are you seriously trying to tell me this one hasn't been an improvement in that regard? Because that would be beyond silly.

Do people really not understand how completely useless previous legendaries have been?

We get a legendary and people complain.

I don't give a fuck if its a cloak. It's a fucking legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Just wondering if I turn off the cloak will the proc still show? hope so as it will look pretty cool with DK challenge armor, apart from that its all very lackluster for a whole expansion of effort
    Whoops, sig too big

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    His argument is that EVERYONE GETS A LEGENDARY. They used to mean something in TBC and Classic while now they are the equivalent of the head enchants of TBC and Classic.
    OK Hyperbole much?

They are nothing like head enchants in TBC and Classic.

I am quite happy, I like the proc and I really liked some parts of the quest, it has been nice working towards something for the whole expansion.

I do think there was a bit to much RNG on some parts of it but hey ho, what can you do

If they wanted to do a full length expansion quest (and not call them legendarys) AND Cata/WotLK wepaon legendarys as well I would be fine with that as well.

Sure

Just as much i was ok at getting a pair of socks for christmas even though i was such a good boy

TBH i dont give a fuck about orange text but i was kinda expecting something cool to drag behind my back or at the very least the item to do something cool

yeah the procs will help with progression yadda yadda ya and the graphic procs make me think im a pally who has just pressed avenging wrath
    yadda yadda ya

ah who gives a fucks im just gonna shard the cloak when this xpac end cause im not gonna waste a bank space keeping this pile of shit

The only thing I don't like about this expansion's legendary is the RNG part; I've gotten something like 15 sigils of wisdom but only 5 power (on the first part still as I switched toons), that's ridiculous. Otherwise it's great, it removes the drama of who gets the legendary and lets you work on it without forcing your guild to halt progress to do stupid requirements for you (such as in Firelands).

Legendaries are the new epics. They clearly don't mean anything anymore. Here's to hoping they add artifacts next expansion and make them the old legendaries, but casuals will complain anyway, so probably won't happen.

As someone who has been playing since Molten core was considered current content, I've seen a lot of Legendary items, and I like the idea how this one was distributed. It brought with it no guild drama, and due to the quest lines that came with it, a better lore feeling than those Legendaries that dropped off bosses (Which feel/felt cheap).

Cloaks are fine, the amount of entitled QQ over them being cloaks is equivalent to a 7 year-old bitching that mommy and daddy didn't buy them an ice cream while they were at the mall, Get over it and yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    A legendary weapon would have been much better but the cloaks in my opinon look cool with the effects

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you guys are such whiners.
    Most of you wouldn't even get an legendary if they did it the old way, and now you get atleast one, even if it isn't a weapon and then you complain?

Be happy we got something, and the cloak effect looks pretty bad ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I like it, using the entire expansion doing quests/pvp/solo scenarios/raiding to get a legendary at the end, its in my opinion what a legendary should've been from the start.
    and before people start screaming RNG suuuuuucks (remember killing garr 991923163712 times to get your second binding?) how about killing Illidan countless times only to see the mainhand drop 7 times and the offhand 0 times.
    we've had legendary related rng for ages and i really hope they continue this trend with long quests, perhaps give it some more pvp or quests outside of raids to do.
    ofcourse, thats only me.

+1 to blizz
    I like my coffe like my mages.

It has orange text, neat proc and it has a pretty cool visual effect.I haven't shown my cloak since Vanilla but the effect is enough to make me start showing it again, weapon or not, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most of you guys are such whiners.
    Most of you wouldn't even get an legendary if they did it the old way, and now you get atleast one, even if it isn't a weapon and then you complain?

Be happy we got something, and the cloak effect looks pretty bad ass.
    Many of us would be okay with that, or at least I would. Not everyone needs to get all the things.

Yea i am ok with it...im glad everybody that plays the game has access to it with a bit of time invested.
    Its deff nice to see more than 0.01% of the players able to get it instead of the usual im a special snowflake dicks that continue to poison this game with there verbal 'me me me' bullshit.

And ye gimlix is another poster hit the nail on the head, 99% of the morons that have come in here and complained about the legendary over the weeks in this forum wouldnt of even got to either see it or had one themselves....lets hope these people rage quit so it makes the game alot better for the rest of us.

Deleted
    It took me months with full support of my guild to obtain Dragonwrath. Yes, I was in small guild of friends. We have been farming Firelands weekly, even when DS came out, just for that damn staff. Finally, with happiness and pride in my hearth I attained the final quest and participated in awesome ceremony above Stormwind. It was one of the most memorable moments in my wow career, true achievement.

Nowadays, they are trying to make me call a legendary an item which is simply a must have for any mediocre raider.
    I will get it by looting LFR bosses and doing some scenarios.

No thanks, I would have to be lying myself.
    There is no legendary in MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    It took me months with full support of my guild to obtain Dragonwrath. Yes, I was in small guild of friends. We have been farming Firelands weekly, even when DS came out, just for that damn staff. Finally, with happiness and pride in my hearth I attained the final quest and participated in awesome ceremony above Stormwind. It was one of the most memorable moments in my wow career, true achievement.

Nowadays, they are trying to make me call a legendary an item which is simply a must have for any mediocre raider.
    I will get it by looting LFR bosses and doing some scenarios.

No thanks, I would have to be lying myself.
    There is no legendary in MOP.
    So is this before or after every caster and their uncle had Dragonwrath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I feel like it is a good idea. If rewards individuals for continued play and raiding. It is just as useful as a weapon except everyone has the opportunity to get it instead of 1-3 classes. It is not as rng as other legendary items and the only way you can be boosted into it is by a guild giving you numerous Runs through old content. I just got the 5.3 cape and feel like I worked for it. Unlike the 496 trinket I am rocking cause lei shen and horridon have been cruel to me.