Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    *gasp* you're right....
    For some reason MMO-Champion doesn't have what official PTR notes say: Purification once again increases healing done by all water totems. now only increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 50% (was healing done by all Water totems).

I greyed out the old PTR note as the strike-through did not carry over on the cut and paste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...ow_Live#shaman

So HTT is the same as it was on previous PTR except for dps specs.
    In summary, latest HTT on PTR is same as live in game for 10 mans and super buffed for 25 mans for resto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the talent is gonna get tested and nerfed to the ground in the next week, HST is already boring, noninteractive, extremely powerful smart healing that does about 10% of our output, giving it 300% increase in output is absolutely ridiculous. the talent itself will provide way way more output that HTT ever had. I expect the 100% increased healing part cut out, so HST just heals two targets instead of one.
    When healing dark animus 10/25 heroic, you've got to be at least 10 - 40 % behind other healers in terms of raw throughput, unless you're a complete freelancer allowed to dance with the rains, chains and jump around the hall like crazy :/ Would you consider a new talent putting us inline absolutely ridiculous?

Blizz was not all that clear with the new talent, but i think it goes like this:

1. Rushing Streams talent goes into the tier where our HTT talent is on Live (5.3).

2. It buffs Healing Stream Totem (not Tide) by a 100% and makes it heal 2 targets at once - meaning HST's output gets increased from X to 2X, and then it heals a total of 2 targets at once for that amount (a total of 4X per "tick", compared to Live's HST that heals for X per "tick).

Overall i like it very much, it also goes well with the "totem CD reset" talent so that you can have 2 HST one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    When healing dark animus 10/25 heroic, you've got to be at least 10 - 40 % behind other healers in terms of raw throughput, unless you're a complete freelancer allowed to dance with the rains, chains and jump around the hall like crazy :/ Would you consider a new talent putting us inline absolutely ridiculous?
    you are missing the point. its about replacing mandatory HTT with something even more mandatory and more powerful. But hey, they dropped the ball with the CH chang,. the glyph should have been made baseline instead of loosing power per jump, that would help on animus like fights just as well, but wouldnt be tied to mandatory talent. and frankly, it wouldnt survive too long for pvp reasons anyway.

Deleted
    @Sarevokcz

True and that's another problem, lol.

I don't quite understand this part though:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the glyph should have been made baseline instead of loosing power per jump, that would help on animus like fights just as well, but wouldnt be tied to mandatory talent. and frankly, it wouldnt survive too long for pvp reasons anyway.
    what glyph?

what glyph?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41552/glyph-of-chaining

This one. On the PTR they reduced the Cooldown from 4 to 2 seconds.
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esevenf View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41552/glyph-of-chaining

This one. On the PTR they reduced the Cooldown from 4 to 2 seconds.
    >.< ofcourse i know of the glyph... I'm curious what the entire sentence meant as it was completely amiguous to me. "glyph should have been made baseline instead of losing power per jump" -> zero sense.

>.< ofcourse i know of the glyph... I'm curious what the entire sentence meant as it was completely amiguous to me. "glyph should have been made baseline instead of losing power per jump" -> zero sense.
    In the current live build as chain heal jumps from target to target it heals less per jump.
    On the PTR Chain heal will no longer have those diminishing returns, each jump will heal as much as the first one. A nice buff.

I think he rather wanted to not get the diminishing returns removed in favor of a baseline higher range for CH. But now that I read his sentence again I'm not entirely clear on what he is trying to say either..
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Yeah. Rushing Streams looks to be fairly OP. While someone said they only get 10% output from it, it usually is 15%(stacked) to 25%(spread) of mine. Having that 15% get tripled (assuming extra tick is normal) or quadrupled (assuming extra tick also gets +100%)... is a 30-45% boost. On Dark Animus... I don't even... omg. Totem CD reset talent will be more appealing, getting an extra HST every 6 minutes (which is what it works out to in practice since you have to wait 15 seconds after using each "bonus" one, which pushes back the normal ones by 15 seconds).

Chain Heals buff is basically going from ~254% of original heal as total healing to 400%. That's just over a 50% buff to chain heal overall. Nice.

Healing Rain (25 man DR cap) ... 14 players instead of 6 players as the DR cap in 25's. Yeah. That's a bit much. The +2 yard radius will be nice. I remember the day the HR had no DR cap (bug) and it was pretty silly. This would be like that but not a bug (and stacking with getting a lvl75 talent for "free" since we are getting HTT baseline and the CH buff).

I hate to say it, but overall this is an over-buff for 25's. We'll see. The healing rain buff alone is like a 30-40% buff in 25's for H-Council25 style fights.

Assuming this talent does not actually take HTT out of our spellbook (past its baseline status), I like this talent. As some have pointed out, its not exciting but if it was it would probably just be as mandatory as HTT was in the tier of talents. Specifically on how mandatory it is though, I don't think its nearly as mandatory as people are thinking. At least not as much as HTT was. I would have to see some numbers to see if I'm outright wrong but as it is now, I could see taking Rushing Streams most of the time and actually going into one of the other two talents depending if its a short fight with need of burst or if its somehow possible for the raid to be stacked the entire duration of a fight with consistent raid damage. That said, while I don't see the latter Ultraxion type-situation happening to often, I could definitely see going into AG for the 2 min cd burst if a fight calls for it ahead of the steady higher HPS of RS.

TLDR: Even though it seems mandatory, I don't think it is nearly as much as HTT was. HTT was better in every situation, with this I could honestly see the choice coming up occasionally -- even if only a quarter of the time or less.

Like I said, I could be wrong after numbers are posted but that's how I see it right now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    Increasing the circumference by 2 yards isn't really enough. Removing the heal penalty on chain heal is interesting however, and should help somewhat, would have helped more if they had increased the range of the jumps though.
    No. It's the radius that is increased from 10 to 12 yards. The length of the circumference (2*radius*pi) shouldn't really be all that interesting here, but that increase is alot more then two yards. The area (pi*radius*radius) covered is very interesting tho. The area covered will/has increased by about 44% as per (new_area - old_area)/(old_area). So I'd say that is a fairly large increase in ground covered. Your raiders just have to be trained better to stand in the blue stuff on the ground instead of standing just outside of it.

Is tide better then stream? I don't think they are really competing. It's tide burst vs streams longevity. On most encounters stream will beat tide over the entire fight in pure numbers, on some fights it will be close but stream+tierbonus > tide and if stream becomes even better then tide is getting left in the dust unless it's increased. But alot of that seems to depend on how long the fights are and if you can get a second or third tide down, if it ends just before tide comes up again tide takes a giant beating. Also you might have to hold onto tide to use to counter a certain aspect or mechanic and then there is large gap so you might not get optimal time usage out of it. Something that never happens with stream since that is just plunked down on cd.

The rushing stream seems very interesting. Will be intresting to see if with the current tier bonus it will cover 2+1 person or not, if it does I might have to hold onto that setbonus for a bit. I'm glad it was a new passive ability cause I'm starting to feel overloaded by all the totems and cooldown and spells, I'm not even sure where I would fit another spell into my keybinds without having to turn into a keyboard-octopus.

The chainheal increase is also welcome, but it feels odd after they complained so much about how they didn't want shamans to become ICC shamans again.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-07-09 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    I like the nerf to healing tide (33%). It was annoying being too dependent on dropping i on a proper time. I'm concerned the new talent will be too OP for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    The chainheal increase is also welcome, but it feels odd after they complained so much about how they didn't want shamans to become ICC shamans again.
    It'll be nothing like ICC. Chain Heal is in position to be 20-25% of your healing max next patch (maybe 30% if you stack spirit and don't have it glyphed). Spells with CD's is where your actual output will be coming from just like on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    I like the nerf to healing tide (33%). It was annoying being too dependent on dropping i on a proper time. I'm concerned the new talent will be too OP for PvP
    There is no nerf to Healing Tide. They are reverting the 50% baseline buff, but putting it back on Purification. For 10 man Resto, it will heal for the same as it does now. For 10 man Ele/Enhance, it will heal for the same as it does now. For 25 man, it will heal for 140% more than it does now with the target cap going from 5 to 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    HTT was not nerfed, the change to purification was reverted (the patchnote on mmo-champ is missing a line) you can check the official patchnote here : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...07_2013#shaman

is it just me or did they finally give up the will to fight and just answered all our requests at once with the "NOW BE HAPPY AND LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU CAN DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES YOURSELVES!"

Also Rushing Streams will be a good talent for fights with a lot of spread healing. AG will work for spread as well but will probably be overkill for the #of cds to manage. Conductivity will be really good on stacked non moving fights, especially with the changes to CH. With all the high spirit and meta, we are moving into wrath style healing and only having to UE/HR 1-3x in the fight will free up a lot of casting time. Also i think it will let us be able to grab echo since the majority of our heals will be CH.
    I can imagine with AG and 4 piece, Heal leader would be like: Shaman blow a cd. shaman would be like which one, AG, HTT, Ascendance, 4 piece, SLT, Racial?

Furthermore i was seeing the first bounce of CH hitting slightly harder than LHW with riptide buff, this will be interesting to see how everything shapes up but i fear we really will fall back into wrath playstyle and just chain cast CH on the tank. Does anyone know whether mastery is calculated individually or for the first target of chain?

10+ Year Old Account
    this might not be a bad choice for Enhance, when i play enhance i already drop HST in the gaps in my rotatation because, why the heck not?

Obviously AG is still an easy talent to use because it's off GCD (and still my favorite for Elemental because of that) but HST is still a useful ability even without the talent and this will make it more useful.

One thing people are forgetting is the 10% elemental warding effect from glyph. I know ( in ten mans) if both heals apply the buff you could have it rolling on everyone. Not sure if it outweighs healing of at or conduc but something to consider

Deleted
    Gonna be interesting how Rshamans turn out to be in 5.4 for PvP :>

I suppose the point of talents is giving up one thing for another and enjoying the process of making that decision based on the encounter or what feels more important to you, but I feel like this is going to make the totem tier rather frustrating. I'll be taking this new talent 90% of the time, especially if the increase to HST is really what the patch note suggests it is, but this also means Call of the Elements becomes quite a bit more powerful.

The problem with that, for me, is that SLT is only really a useful ability with TP, and in the few situations where I may take AG rather than this new talent, by the nature of those situations, they'll be the same very few times that I don't need TP for my SLT. I'll withhold final judgement until we go live and I see how it feels, but I have a feeling SLT is going to become about as useless as it was when they first gave it to us. I think in all of Cataclysm I used SLT on one fight; Chimaeron. (I was tanking for DS.)