Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This, once you got into more or less full ICC gear, you had almost 0 mana issues as any spec, LK as MM you could oom, but also it depended a lot on comp as you said, not having a Paladin for JotW was like GG for Hunters.
    wrath hunters revealed the goods from the bads, I never had mana issues as a hunter back in wrath, the current hunter just seem dumbed down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No you weren't.. You needed a Ret Paladin or it was gg for mana. Even with a Ret Pala, on long fights you could still find yourself low at times (LK). If you did 10 man it was gg, pretty much because of lack of buffs. Assuming you were playing MM, ofc. Survival had no problems with mana because of TotH.
    with a pally or shaman could work, with mm you were able to drain mana with mana shot and regain your mana that way without using aspect of the viper during a fight so yes we had other ways. And we had talents to decrease the mana cost of our shots.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    with a pally or shaman could work, with mm you were able to drain mana with mana shot and regain your mana that way without using aspect of the viper during a fight so yes we had other ways. And we had talents to decrease the mana cost of our shots.
    Viper+Chimera (what you refer to as mana shot) only worked on bosses that had mana. There were like 5 of them the entire expansion. That also meant you let go some dps from Serpent Sting damage + proc, since you were only able to have one sting on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, not every boss has mana, you lost out on the Chimera Shot SS extra damage, and the normal spec was only 1 in the Efficiency talent, no one took 5/5.

Cata still separated the goods from the bad since it required focus management and expert handling of Aspects. Now it feels like it is dumbed down since Cobra gives more focus, some shots cost less focus, and you can cast cobra on the move. More forgiving and easier in some respects. I can't really comment on PvE much this expac.

Deleted
    Could you stop your off-topic discussion?
    There's a dedicated thread to talk about that...

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Oh man. Do I read it right? Is it really possible that in 5.4 we may be able to use disengage outside of combat? Gief that shit now.
    Guess I was right, Disengage out of combat, woohoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Guess I was right, Disengage out of combat, woohoo!!!
    I lol at this

Deleted
    Confirmed: Dissengage out of combat live on ptr atm
    <-- Happy hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    This is huge? removing dead zone, removing ammunition/bags, removing mana and allowing hunters to run while shooting... those were all huge things, this is very, very minuscule.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Just a small thing aswell. With the CD reduction trinket and talent. Dissengage is 7 seconds CD aswell :P

Wow it wasn't a datamining error o_o

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    This is huge? removing dead zone, removing ammunition/bags, removing mana and allowing hunters to run while shooting... those were all huge things, this is very, very minuscule.
    In terms of raid functionality, probably not. In terms of fun? This is the best thing since moving while dpsing.

wrath hunters revealed the goods from the bads
    Keep believing that. If you never had mana issues you were doing it wrong or had a comp that was ideal for you.

And I'm glad they made it useable OOC, not sure why they suddenly decided to change it, but hey, whatever!

Deleted
    All we need now is a glyph that allows us to Disengage forwards. Just imagine how much less of a hassle running away from thunderstruck would be on Lei Shen HC. Plus it gives it so much more control since you can aim a lot better instead of jump - wildly turn ~180 degrees - hit disengage- realize you jumped towards some other bad stuff >_>

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Wow it wasn't a datamining error o_o

In terms of raid functionality, probably not. In terms of fun? This is the best thing since moving while dpsing.
    This. Not all of WoW revolves around raiding or pvp. Sure, disengage while out of combat will not help you achieve more dps and wil prolly not be used in pvp other than when needed, but hey, glyphed and talented this is a sprint.

Eh, Pvpers would complain about a forward disengage. Would be cool if we could just hit disengage and click a location sort of like trap launcher. That would give the pvpers something they could work with (default backward disengage) while also helping with whatever pve situation we like disengaging a different direction in (glyph).

If we're talking about changes that would make us laugh or have more fun, having an interrupt where you threw your pet at someone to interrupt them would be absolutely hilarious, especially if it was done at a super fast speed. Like, picking up a devilsaur or gorilla and launching him at someone and interrupting them and/or stunning them if glyphed or talented for it. I'm not saying they should implement it, but that crap would be funny to do to someone in pvp.

"Did he just throw a gorilla at me?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Eh, Pvpers would complain about a forward disengage.
    That's why we have Glyphs and talents...

Glyph of Tumble - You disengage in direction you are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Glyph of Tumble - You disengage in direction you are moving.
    glyph of falling clumsily? >.< maybe a better name than tumble, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    All we need now is a glyph that allows us to Disengage forwards. Just imagine how much less of a hassle running away from thunderstruck would be on Lei Shen HC. Plus it gives it so much more control since you can aim a lot better instead of jump - wildly turn ~180 degrees - hit disengage- realize you jumped towards some other bad stuff >_>
    Totally agree with you. If they can't add that glyph ... at least add rearview mirrors for shoulder transmogs :P
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    glyph of falling clumsily? >.< maybe a better name than tumble, lol.
    Personally, when I read glyph of tumble, it harkens back to my D&D 3rd edition where a "tumble" was more of an acrobatic defensive maneuver used for numerous reasons such as mobility through and around enemies and increased defenses. Give it the monk's roll animation and call it a day - we have directed disengage.

I don't really see that happening, although I would love it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ATron52 View Post
    Personally, when I read glyph of tumble, it harkens back to my D&D 3rd edition where a "tumble" was more of an acrobatic defensive maneuver used for numerous reasons such as mobility through and around enemies and increased defenses. Give it the monk's roll animation and call it a day - we have directed disengage.

I don't really see that happening, although I would love it. Oh well.
    I would say something similar to glyph of momentum, as in disengage to the direction you're going. Like blink.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Totally agree with you. If they can't add that glyph ... at least add rearview mirrors for shoulder transmogs :P
    Lol! Thank you.