Deleted

[MW] Twin Consorts Heroic 10

Hey all
    We're about to start work on Heroic Twins 10, and I have a few MW specific questions:

1. Corrupted Healing & ReM. I know ReM gives stacks, and I also know that having tanks make cancel aura macros makes this easier to handle. Since I never pay any attention on normal mode, could anyone clarify the following:

I cast ReM on player X, it then bounces to the beast tank. Does it give stacks if it BOUNCES to the tank, or once, on the person I apply it to initially?

2. Corrupted healing and Soothing Mist. Does SooM cast by my statue proc corrupted healing stacks? If so, does it give one stack per tick or just on the initial application? If SooM cast by my statue does give CH stacks, what would you advise? Should I hold off SooM during beast phases? That sounds like a bad idea but I dunno, cancel my statue? Or just power through and use a CD?

3. Talents. Am I right in thinking the raid will be quite spread? If so I would imagine Xuen would be the ideal T6 talent? Regarding the lvl 30 talents, I normally go with Chi Wave, would would Zen Sphere perhaps be a better choice?

10+ Year Old Account
    From a BRM perspective with a MW healer on me:

1. He only gets one stack from the application of ReM on me (whether it's targeted on me or bounced to me), any further stacks that he would get would only be caused by Uplifting if I've been slack on my cancelaura, he tends to let me know if he needs to uplift and I haven't cancelled yet.

Same thing happens with my Resto Druid alts wild growth / rejuv / lifebloom / etc, application of hot or direct/smart heal cast gives 1 stack each.

2. Not sure if the statue would proc it, though I know that resto druid treants don't proc it, both are similar in that the heal originates from a different source but mileage may vary.

3. I know that our MW uses Xuen and Chi Wave, and yes the raid is fairly spread, though you can guarantee the melee/tanks get plenty of chi wave fun, though beware that chi wave can proc corrupted healing

Deleted
    my exp (both 10 and 25 h)

1) Rem gives stack only if casted on tank who has debuff. Not if it bounces off him. If it bounces you need to play safe and not uplift until he cancels it and/or the debuff wears off
    2) I'm not that sure for this question, i usually don't get stack but in p1 i sooth rarely and just fistweave, it's more safe for tank healing and more fun
    3) I use chi torpedo (25) or Xuen (10) , but I use Chi Burst for both. It's an amazing talent for Molten Inferno phase when you stack behind the ice comet .

Deleted
    1. Having a ReM jump to the tank does not give stacks, however uplifting while the tank has ReM does.

2. No your statue does not give you stacks.

3. I choose Xuen and Chi Burst, Xuen for the little bit more damage going out and Chi Burst on Nuclear Inferno's.

I generally use this rule to determine if I am going to get a stack, does the heal cause a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event. Things like healing sphere while do cause a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event the heal itself actually isn't so they are all OK.

Deleted
    Cheers for the advice guys! Will Try a Xuen / Chi Burst combo and see how things go

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    I generally use this rule to determine if I am going to get a stack, does the heal cause a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event. Things like healing sphere while do cause a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event the heal itself actually isn't so they are all OK.
    What are you using to check for this?
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liff View Post
    What are you using to check for this?
    Common sense really ^.^!

You could go through all the Monk's abilities and use the SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event check.

Stacks:
    • Revival
    • Life Cocoon
    • Renewing Mist (targeted)
    • Soothing Mist (targeted)
    • Chi Wave
    • Chi Burst
    • Uplift

All of these have a heal that is directly related to the SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event. Chi Wave is peculiar because of the jumping aspect but I guess as it is one constant ability over multiple iterations it would proc the debuff.

Doesn't Stack:
    • Renewing Mist (jump)
    • Soothing Mist (statue)
    • Healing Sphere
    • Gift of the Serpent

These do not proc a heal directly related to a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event, the Soothing Mist from the statue is related to the statue and not you. Healing Sphere requires user interaction as does Gift of the Serpent. Renewing Mist (jump) isn't another spell cast event thus does not proc the debuff.

Zen Sphere:
    Zen Sphere works a little differently because if you cast it before the tank gets his debuff you get no stacks, if you apply it while the tank has the debuff you will get a stack.

Deleted
    Man I can see healing sphere being OP as sin for this if you can use it to heal the beast tank without getting any stacks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Man I can see healing sphere being OP as sin for this if you can use it to heal the beast tank without getting any stacks
    Except that is rarely a problem... They hit like a wet noodle, just like normal mode (and this is in 25HC, where stuff hits tanks about 50% harder).

In my experience (25hc), the biggest problems are the last few cosmic barrages in the night phase (when there are a bunch of lurkers up), because there's the potential for lurker damage + a cosmic barrage to spike someone really low or dead and the very first nuclear inferno when Suen has the most stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a lovely lapse in raiding for bday's / hollidays we finally got this down just last night. SO
    The ReM bounce dosen't apply a stack unless you put it directly on them.
    Pretty sure the statue doesn't apply it, but I did nothing but fistweave the first phase so I wouldn't have to worry about corrupted healing.
    I definitely used Zuen on this fight since he actually hits them instead of moonwalking. With Chi Torpedo you'd put yourself in danger of Inferno since that's really the only time everyone's stacked.
    And a definite yes on Zen Sphere, at least IMO. It not only damages Suen and Lu'lin but the adds as well, and heals everyone in melee upon burst. During the Molten Inferno it'll get everyone since you're stacking in the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Except that is rarely a problem... They hit like a wet noodle, just like normal mode (and this is in 25HC, where stuff hits tanks about 50% harder).

In my experience (25hc), the biggest problems are the last few cosmic barrages in the night phase (when there are a bunch of lurkers up), because there's the potential for lurker damage + a cosmic barrage to spike someone really low or dead and the very first nuclear inferno when Suen has the most stacks.

This is pretty true. I do 10m, but I simply self heal through the entire beast portion. Since I'm BrM, though, they're fairly short lived, and guard/expel harm/GoTO/EB and MAYBE a 2 min cd handles it without ever even running into an "Oh shit!" moment.(this is probably because I save the stacks of GoTO for times where I dip under 50%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Deleted
    Not sure what it's like on progress or 10m, but I usually fistweave that phase if I'm not being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Common sense really ^.^!

You could go through all the Monk's abilities and use the SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event check.
    Well.. I wouldn't assume knowledge of uh.. Addon development? Is actually very common, if I were you. :p
    Tried googling these event checks, but I've no idea where to even begin. :o You can type something in game chat to check events? Or you need an addon? Or something outside of the game? Off topic now, since you provided the relevent info for corrupted healing (ty!), but clearly whatever it is you're talking about can be applied elsewhere, so I'm curious. :)
    Do you have a link to somewhere that explains that event checking/use of?
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liff View Post
    Well.. I wouldn't assume knowledge of uh.. Addon development? Is actually very common, if I were you.
    Tried googling these event checks, but I've no idea where to even begin. You can type something in game chat to check events? Or you need an addon? Or something outside of the game? Off topic now, since you provided the relevent info for corrupted healing (ty!), but clearly whatever it is you're talking about can be applied elsewhere, so I'm curious.
    Do you have a link to somewhere that explains that event checking/use of?

It's also used in advanced World of Logs parsing (check the Expression Editor). Certainly, it requires a bit of an advanced, technical view of the game, but I'd say it's worth it to learn. The World of Logs Expression Editor links to a WoL forum post that has a really good guide to it all.