Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My mum isn't no, but my ex's mum who I sadly had to live with for a few years was a asbolute psycho bitch. The ex and I went on holidays and when we came back the sons were arguing as usual. She came up to me (not arguing at all and staying quiet) and screamed at me and my ex she wished we never came home :/ Once the boys had been arguing and my ex called her crying (He was 22 :S) as his bro hit him. Again NOTHING to do with me. I was in bed asleep... she came home raging and screaming going insane she then turns to me and screams in my face

"You're an awful person! You're making my son into a horrible person, causing the younger son depression. My husband is going insane because of you and you're causing my business to go bad!" what I don't get is a) her son (my ex) was already a horrible person. b) her younger son was just a jerk and refused to talk to me at all. c) the if the husband was going insane it's not my fault and d) I didn't even work for her damn business! how was it my fault it was going bad???

Doing ANYTHING in that household would have her going insane at you... I left a towel in the laundry once because I didn't think there was any point washing a single towel... god she went INSANE! She went crazy at me because I wasn't hanging the washing on the line right (I hang socks and underwear together in pairs, she wanted it all hung out on it's own with a seperate peg) I couldn't use my desktop PC because if she saw me playing games she'd go off her tree. Walking around in my PJ's at 3am was bad. I had to be fully clothed head to toe at all times. I couldn't cook because I was never able to clean the house well enough to meet her standards so I just stopped cooking. My Ex was worthless and refused to get his license everytime his dad tried to take him for a lesson he'd have a tantrum. I tried and he whinged saying he couldn't fit behind the wheel *rolleyes* every morning his Mum had to take him to work as he refused to catch public transport and on several occasions I heard her screaming why couldn't I do it! I flat out refused because a) I wasn't his damn Mum and b) unlike her I had a job that I had set hours. I didn't work in my own business and couldn't come and go as I pleased. When I moved in with my ex because I had to move interstate to do so the idea was move in with his family until I get a job then we move out on our own.... problem was I had a job within a week but I could never convince him to move out of Mummy's home -_-

Awful awful family. I hate all of them. I still do to this date. I only stayed so long because I didn't have anywhere else to go having moved to a totally new city and not having any family there at all. I'm NEVER doing that ever again!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

To be 100% honest, if I were you I'd have just laughed and told her to fuck off.

Now, my mom would never do something like that to begin with, but if she ever did I wouldn't even bother talking to her. If I was in your situation I'd probably look to just live at your college or get a couple roommates and live somewhere else. Wouldn't put up with someone like that, family or not.

It's your fault for needing to know more beyond picking her up at noon on Tuesday. She said to pick her up a noon ANY day you have off. You tell her Tuesday. You should have picked her up Tuesday. Wtf else was there to discuss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    So a little back story about my life. I am 19, in college (taking summer courses even), work 29 hours a week (thanks Obamacare) and Im a volunteer Firefighter. I do the yard work for my dad (have a little over an acre of land. Lots of lawn mowing to be done, etc). I do a decent amount for a college kid (so I think).

My sister is at some community service thing about 30 minutes from my house (5 mins from my moms work). Last week, mom told me If I had any days off next week to pick her up at 12:00 to drive her home to save her a trip and I told her Ill see what my schedules like. After I got my schedule, I told her that I was off tuesday if she needed me; never heard anything more about it for these past 4 days until she arrived home dropping my sister off, stormed downstairs and continued to yell at me for not telling her I was home today and could've picked her up. I told her I did tell her and that I never heard anything further about it and she stormed back upstairs and slammed the door behind her leaving me in a stupor.

Thinking it was over I went back to rebuilding some ships of my lego star wars collection (yes, Im a 19 year old and play with legos). Well, she calls me no more than a minute or 2 later to say how selfish and lazy I am and how inconsiderate I was being; Asking me if I had cleaned my room yet, etc. And before I could even utter a sound, she hung up.

Im glad my "unclean" room and miscommunication is enough to get a barrage of insults thrown at me over the phone with no hope of a retort. I could be doing drugs in a ditch somewhere, but instead I have an unclean room, seems shes very unlucky to have a kid like me.

Now this is just an example of things that happen with my parents (mostly my mother). Are all parents like this?

My parents were like that. Bitched that I played WoW with friends instead of going out every night. My senior year I had enough of their bitching so I went out more often and started smoking weed, wonder if me playing WoW seems like such a big deal to them now.

Are all parents like this?
    Yes. /10char

Sounds like your mom has other things going on that are pissing her off to make her that upset over nothing. My friend's mom behaves like that x100 over things as trivial as a dish misplaced in the cabinet, and my dad noticed I moved a chair one room down the hall and started screaming and rampaging around the house about it (this behavior is frequent).

Some people just have serious anger issues, and my advice is this: If your mom's behavior is abusive and frequent to the point that her presence in your life is damaging, distance yourself from her. If this was a random blowup and she is normally alright, just talk to her about it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    It's your fault for needing to know more beyond picking her up at noon on Tuesday. She said to pick her up a noon ANY day you have off. You tell her Tuesday. You should have picked her up Tuesday. Wtf else was there to discuss?
    Totally! Then he could've had the joy of being yelled at by his mother for not informing (even though he already did!) her that he will do the pick up, and she wastes her time showing up to a place where there is no kid to be picked up, because the sister was already picked up by her brother.

Go ahead, pretend like it wouldn't have happened that way.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But he did tell her he would do the pickup though, right when he told her he has Tuesday off. He just didn't pick her up because he probably felt he needed to be told "ok" or "see you then", or felt he needed to be reminded that pickup is tomorrow/today. You don't do that. You assume the plan is still happening and go do it.

Angry mothers are often the ones who watched all of their dreams slip away due to their poor fucking decisions and she is taking all of her troubles out on you because she is trash. Move out and stop speaking to her and show her what the value of family actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    But he did tell her he would do the pickup though, right when he told her he has Tuesday off. He just didn't pick her up because he probably felt he needed to be told "ok" or "see you then", or felt he needed to be reminded that pickup is tomorrow/today. You don't do that. You assume the plan is still happening and go do it.
    and then get yelled at for doing something when she didn't tell you to do it. I've been there. Women like that are just complete bitches that will look for ANY excuse to yell at you.

Well, most parents get grumpy like that. I just got back to my place, and the last two days before I left my mother's home were unbearable. We had 4 massive rows for no apparent reason. I was done fixing the garden automatic watering installation, figuring the scedule out, and as I was doing that I was thinking aloud "welp, the guy that designed these things is a retard" and my mother's all like "Well you know you don't have to do this" and "Just leave it alone and I will do it myself like most of the stuff around here" etc etc. Also, she seems to not know me all that well, because most of the times thinks I'm angry when I'm not, starts yelling at me forming a vicious cycle that ends in a massive row. Oh well...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say a lot of people do that. My friend's mom is even worse than mine in that department. One time she came hope and he had yet to take care of the horses, although he was going to (they own four useless horses). The funny thing is he works 10 hours a day and when he comes home 90% of the time he immediately takes care of them, but on that ONE day he was slacking, likely because it was the beginning of his weekend. Anyways they start arguing upstairs, and I'm just sitting down in his basement so I'm hearing all of it. I'm trapped because I don't really want to go upstairs so I'm just trying to wait it out.

Anyways his mom's entire point is just "you never do anything around here! You don't do anything! You never do anything!", but the funny thing is he does a lot. I see it because I usually hang out with him after he's done with work and I just sit there and talk with him while he does about 2 hours of chores...after a 10 HOUR day of work! It's insane. To say he does "nothing" is just ridiculous. But that's the way she argues, just repeats the same line even though it's being systematically disproven at every turn, but even though she has no case whatsoever the argument went on so long that I eventually had to awkwardly come up stairs and wordlessly slip out the back door.

Made me grateful to have the mother I got. At least when she tries the whole "you never do anything" line I can say "oh really? What about all the things I did TODAY?" and she'll immediately backpedal, instead of just repeating it again and again like a broken record.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-07-10 at 04:44 AM.

Geez, you're an adult. To think she would be unhappy to have you as a kid is childish, start acting like a grown up!

I'm 26 and moved out at 19. I love my parents, but if either my mom or dad is frustrated and I aswell, we can still clash like the titans... We are all humans!

Deleted
    This is why you move out as soon as humanly possible.

That sounds EXACTLY like my mother. Like not even kidding, sounds exactly like something she would do. I just don't take it personally. She never apologizes either.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

So a little back story about my life. I am 19, in college (taking summer courses even), work 29 hours a week (thanks Obamacare) and Im a volunteer Firefighter. I do the yard work for my dad (have a little over an acre of land. Lots of lawn mowing to be done, etc). I do a decent amount for a college kid (so I think).

My sister is at some community service thing about 30 minutes from my house (5 mins from my moms work). Last week, mom told me If I had any days off next week to pick her up at 12:00 to drive her home to save her a trip and I told her Ill see what my schedules like. After I got my schedule, I told her that I was off tuesday if she needed me; never heard anything more about it for these past 4 days until she arrived home dropping my sister off, stormed downstairs and continued to yell at me for not telling her I was home today and could've picked her up. I told her I did tell her and that I never heard anything further about it and she stormed back upstairs and slammed the door behind her leaving me in a stupor.

Thinking it was over I went back to rebuilding some ships of my lego star wars collection (yes, Im a 19 year old and play with legos). Well, she calls me no more than a minute or 2 later to say how selfish and lazy I am and how inconsiderate I was being; Asking me if I had cleaned my room yet, etc. And before I could even utter a sound, she hung up.

Im glad my "unclean" room and miscommunication is enough to get a barrage of insults thrown at me over the phone with no hope of a retort. I could be doing drugs in a ditch somewhere, but instead I have an unclean room, seems shes very unlucky to have a kid like me.

Now this is just an example of things that happen with my parents (mostly my mother). Are all parents like this?

You seem very mature for 19. Do not let the comment go to your head however, enjoy life some.

The problem with your situation is 2 things. Yes parents get a tad loopy like that. However and I know this will be shunned for not being politically correct but I am getting older and I do not give a damn anymore about that stuff. Anyways the real problem is, your mom is a woman. Women are like this. They are irrational and fly off the handle about NOTHING and they do it frequently. Now not every single woman is like this but do not let anyone try to tell you that most are not like this because the average woman is like this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    My parents never yelled at me, I guess you are just unlucky when it comes to yours mothers temper
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    My parents never yelled at me, I guess you are just unlucky when it comes to yours mothers temper
    They never yell at you, they never use the belt.

Sounds like you were the one at fault. You need to respect your mom more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Sounds like you were the one at fault. You need to respect your mom more.
    OP, looks like your mom made an MMO-Champion account.