Rupture for Ferals. Thoughts? (DOTA Based)

In DOTA there is a hero called Bloodseeker and his ultimate is called Rupture.

Causes an enemy unit's skin to rupture, dealing massive damage. If the unit moves while under the effect of Rupture, it takes a percentage of the distance traveled as damage.

Range: 1000
    Duration: 7/8/9
    Initial damage: 150/250/350
    Distance moved damage: 20%/40%/60%

I was just thinking that since Ferals are all about bleeds that rupture would suit them well but since the DOTA style wouldn't work, a changed version would suit them.

Something like this:

Rupture
    Cooldown: 2 minutes
    Rend your targets flesh causing them to bleed for 60, 000 damage over 10 seconds and applying Gushing Wounds.

Gushing Wounds:
    Damaged for 0.8% of your max hp every 0.1 seconds while in motion. Lasts 10 seconds. Physical.

Equals out to 80% of your max hp if you continue to move the whole time.
    I think it would be an interesting mechanic that hasnt been seen before

I do think abilities like this would work. However damaging based on max HP seems too strong. Especially since that would probably be modified by mastery as it is a bleed.

And for pve? Are tanks supposed to run bosses around so ferals can maximize dps? How does a percentage based spell work on a boss with over a billion health?

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I do think abilities like this would work. However damaging based on max HP seems too strong. Especially since that would probably be modified by mastery as it is a bleed.

And for pve? Are tanks supposed to run bosses around so ferals can maximize dps? How does a percentage based spell work on a boss with over a billion health?
    I was considering that. I was thinking that Rupture on bosses just is a fucking massive damage bleed and on players it's gushing wounds. Could have different effects. Or it could just be a PvP ability. It's not the first ability that's used almost exclusively for pvp.

Deleted
    I honestly don't think we need another bleed, we have 3 already (4 if you count the pathetic maim bleed). I would much rather them just fix what we have currently.

A massive CD based bleed would maybe be cool but that take more dmg when moving idea is plain wrong and is never ever gonna work on WoW.
    completely unbalanced and silly on PvP and for PvE yeah....
    "oh hey tank can you dance around the room with the boss?"

Ok, you've been posting this on the mmo champ pvp forum, the official pvp forum and official druid forum as well. Try and keep your threads in one place per forum. In any case, this is a bad idea because it would be extremely overpowered. It's as simple as that. We've already got enough flak from people that don't play/understand druids and as a result lost cyclone.

This seems like it would be more appropriate for a boss to have rather than a player.