Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    According to some previous math stampede lost 60% of its damage due to recent nerf.

So lets say old stampede (5.2) dealt 100% dmg. After nerf its 40%, and in 5.4 its gonna be 160%. So thats like 60% dmg increase compared to our old stampede.
    60% increase with less hassle of timing Rabid properly with Stampede CD so the summoned pets can also get it(unless this was fixed somewhere in 5.1/5.2).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    60% increase with less hassle of timing Rabid properly with Stampede CD so the summoned pets can also get it(unless this was fixed somewhere in 5.1/5.2).
    That was fixed.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Just tried on ptr, my stampede did 1.86 million dmg unbuffed, that's pretty nice.

Stampede tooltip was clarified to show the reduced damage is in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
    From mmo-c front page list of spell changes.

Regarding Stampede: We’re happy with the damage it’s currently putting out in PvP. For PvE, we’re planning to buff its damage pretty heavily, so it becomes a substantially more potent DPS cooldown. We don’t want to give it any more utility than it has now, for reasons we’ve explained at length already.
    latests ptr patch notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Just tried on ptr, my stampede did 1.86 million dmg unbuffed, that's pretty nice.
    So, in short, pre-nerfed Stampede is back.

Deleted
    Ilvl 545, totally unbuffed with a cat pet, on the raiding training dummy.

2.14 Million damage.

Avg hit 26K
    Avg Crit 53K (64% crit chance)

2.59Min CD with -CD trinket.

Deleted
    I like that it's being buffed to be useful in PvE again but really it's not that amazing... zeherahs shows stampede does around 1700 dps for me on live, so if all pets are doing full damage it will be a 6800 dps increase with the buff? Compare that to an enhancement shamans fire elemental that does around 30k or more of thier dps and only has a 3 minute cooldown.

Deleted
    Oh man... I can see the headlines in hunterforums soon. This will completely ruin world pvp, and duels... Instant win on a 5min cooldown. Nerfs are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    I like that it's being buffed to be useful in PvE again but really it's not that amazing... zeherahs shows stampede does around 1700 dps for me on live, so if all pets are doing full damage it will be a 6800 dps increase with the buff? Compare that to an enhancement shamans fire elemental that does around 30k or more of thier dps and only has a 3 minute cooldown.
    cant look it like that.

you are doing around 2-3 mil per summon, 1 gcd thats pretty good. no focus cost akso so.

Its one of out many things that needed a mandatory change. Their is a sea of wrong that needs to be done right for the hunter class. Ill pick mine up again if we ever get a revamp like locks did. Till then, enjoy the band-aids.

Deleted
    Fire elementals don't do that much damage unless it's the version they talent into (that one needs a nerf it does like all damage for them lol).

You are mixing things, Fire Elemental is doing 30k dps When he is active, overall in the normal fight its like 5k dps? u must count the time its not up. same with stampede 1700 dps its overall in the fight, in the 20 seconds when stampede is active it is much higher... if the new stampede is doing 2M dmg (as some mentioned above) it would be 100k dps in those 20sec window when they are active

edit: was refering to ELE shaman, not sure about Enhancment
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-07-11 at 08:25 AM.

Does this still mean they will bring out the buffs and debuffs?

This was such a easy fix just nerf it for PVP and leave it alone for PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Does this still mean they will bring out the buffs and debuffs?

This was such a easy fix just nerf it for PVP and leave it alone for PVE

as someone posted earlier.. (from patch notes)
    Regarding Stampede: We’re happy with the damage it’s currently putting out in PvP. For PvE, we’re planning to buff its damage pretty heavily, so it becomes a substantially more potent DPS cooldown. We don’t want to give it any more utility than it has now, for reasons we’ve explained at length already

Idc much about the utility aspect of stampede.. They need to just make it that stampede pets can use claw/bite.. that along with the recent buff would probably make us highest burst spec as BM.. i'd be happy with that 'niche'.. And revert Lynx Rush to what it was last tier .. wishful thinking

The buff is basically to compensate for the readiness nerf coming up. Right now BM relies on BW refreshing with readiness to get some extra damage in, the stampede change was basically to make up for the lost beastial wrath every 3 minutes.

I'll always miss stampede healing but at least it'll be more than a tickle party for a DPS cooldown now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajer View Post
    Oh man... I can see the headlines in hunterforums soon. This will completely ruin world pvp, and duels... Instant win on a 5min cooldown. Nerfs are coming.
    Good thing blizzard isn't stupid enough to balance the game around duels and world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The buff is basically to compensate for the readiness nerf coming up. Right now BM relies on BW refreshing with readiness to get some extra damage in, the stampede change was basically to make up for the lost beastial wrath every 3 minutes.
    I don't think it will be enough, personally. The utility is gone and all they do is auto attack, even if they do hit harder it likely won't help enough. The way Arcane Shot is sitting right now, our signature shots (in all specs) need buffs. Unless they do that, we're still in trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Wowhead has like always shown 175%, for whatever reason. Glad to see they're finally balancing it separately.
    About time. So much for them saying separating wouldn't magically fix things.