Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A brief and crucial alternative history of the United States.

“If the injustice is part of the necessary friction of the machine of government, let it go, let it go; perchance it will wear smooth — certainly the machine will wear out. If the injustice has a spring, or a pulley, or a rope, or a crank, exclusively for itself, then perhaps you may consider whether the remedy will not be worse than the evil; but if it is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law. Let your life be a counter friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong which I condemn.”
    -Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience
    A brief and crucial alternative history of the United States.

This video is a must watch for all Americans. MURICA!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    its 22 minutes long I can't watch for that long.

cliff notes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

cliff notes?
    Bad America, good Soviet Union, revolution.

EDIT: Just what the video says, not what I believe
    Last edited by mmoc409269e0e9; 2013-07-10 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

cliff notes?
    America is evil, nothing good has come from it and you are a peon.

Americans invented LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    America is evil, nothing good has come from it and you are a peon.
    I think that statement is a bit too harsh. Many great things have come from America.

10+ Year Old Account

sorry, but ^^^ is the only alternate history I like.

No need to spread fear. Also I love that America is the only country that can do horrible things *rolls eyes*

Only like 3 min of it is history and that history is very skewed and some of it is incorrect. The stuff about the Soviet Union is especially bad and its laughable that the author thought it was so much better than US capitalism. Sure the USSR didnt have any corporations to corrupt the government and keep the people down, but the reason why is because the Communist Party did that itself. It was an oligarchic system that kept anything of value for the party and its members and everyone else got whatever was left. Those people had even less freedom than we have now. At least in the US you have opportunities to make your life better and exploit other people.

Anyway, yes corporations have too much influence and they should not be considered people by the government. All this anti-terrorism, security at the expense of freedom, DEA crap(would severely lessen the number of people in jails) needs to go away. Who cares if you are safe from terrorists if you have no freedom to enjoy your life? The odds of being a victim of terrorism were extremely low even before all this crap but the odds of losing your freedoms are 100%.

I'll be honest. I am not going to invest time in something posted by someone who still thinks it's cool to say "murica." I'm sorry but that shit is stale, trite, and really lessens any potency you have. Maybe it was tongue in cheek? Maybe. But since I see it used by people who wish to bad mouth, often poorly, my country, it automatically leaves a taste in my mouth that resembles cat shit and causes me to hear a shrieking BEWARE.

Judging from some of the posts in this thread already, it appears my superficially drawn conclusions were accurate.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I'll be honest. I am not going to invest time in something posted by someone who still thinks it's cool to say "murica." I'm sorry but that shit is stale, trite, and really lessens any potency you have. Maybe it was tongue in cheek? Maybe. But since I see it used by people who wish to bad mouth, often poorly, my country, it automatically leaves a taste in my mouth that resembles cat shit and causes me to hear a shrieking BEWARE.

Judging from some of the posts in this thread already, it appears my superficially drawn conclusions were accurate.
    Its also form the guy who posted about how peole need to be more "open minded' toward wacky science. I watch for entertainment value, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its also form the guy who posted about how peole need to be more "open minded' toward wacky science. I watch for entertainment value, nothing more.
    lol I didn't even see who it was by...the murica bull shit was enough for me to know not to take him seriously. Maybe I'll give it a watch...
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Americans invented LFR
    Those imperialist bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    sorry, but ^^^ is the only alternate history I like.
    What, no love for Red Alert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Want to see something more believable and more accurate? Look up and watch the Confederate states of America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back crazyman. Posting crazy stuff again? I stopped at 1:30 when the video says the Constitution was created to "suppress mass democracy."

In my experience, "alternative history" is usually codeword for bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

"Alternative" history? What does this even mean outside of fiction? You don't like how events happen so you make shit up?
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

If I want alternative history, I'll go read Harry Turtledove. His is at least entertaining.

To all the armchair revolutionaries, put up or shut up. All fine and good to say this stuff with relative anonymity on the Internet. Now go out in the real world and practice what you claim to preach. Have the courage of your convictions or put a sock in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Only like 3 min of it is history and that history is very skewed and some of it is incorrect. The stuff about the Soviet Union is especially bad and its laughable that the author thought it was so much better than US capitalism. Sure the USSR didnt have any corporations to corrupt the government and keep the people down, but the reason why is because the Communist Party did that itself. It was an oligarchic system that kept anything of value for the party and its members and everyone else got whatever was left. Those people had even less freedom than we have now. At least in the US you have opportunities to make your life better and exploit other people.

Anyway, yes corporations have too much influence and they should not be considered people by the government. All this anti-terrorism, security at the expense of freedom, DEA crap(would severely lessen the number of people in jails) needs to go away. Who cares if you are safe from terrorists if you have no freedom to enjoy your life? The odds of being a victim of terrorism were extremely low even before all this crap but the odds of losing your freedoms are 100%.
    How do you know what history is correct and which is incorrect. Are you saying those who write books wouldn't fabricate their version of history to their advantage? Don't be naive.
    But yeah the influence of corporations runs way too deep. To the point that government are just their puppets and the citizens their assets. That is how it's always been and will continue to be until more people realize it and put a stop to it. America is a country founded on corruption, not freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    How do you know what history is correct and which is incorrect. Are you saying those who write books wouldn't fabricate their version of history to their advantage? Don't be naive.
    Now you are just trying to create a situation where you couldn't possibly be wrong. Every alternate view to yours is just part of the cospirasy... how convinient.

If what we call real history is actually fake then how do you know the stuff you've been fed isn't? If people have manipulated history to suit their needs then these both scenarios would be indistinguishable from eachother. It would be like trying to tell whether you're inside the matrix or in the real world.

Your sig is very ironic in relation to all this.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-07-10 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    An alternative history will be where people have free will, free press, freedom of speech. Also they won't get spied, fooled and controlled by their own government. America is a modern day empire with imperialistic politics towards the rest of the world, and anyone there that thinks he has any freedom apart of the type of junk food that will make him fat is a blessed person to be so blind and never seeing thru the bullshit he is being told daily. Hopefully when it crumbles it won't bring down to the world a series of wars as any other empire during its demise.