New warlock glyphs (patch 5.4)

Found some new glyphs in this latest PTR build:

Glyph of Havoc
    Havoc gains 3 additional charges, but the cooldown is increased by 35 seconds.

Glyph of Curse of Elements
    Curse of the Elements hits two additional nearby targets.

Glyph of Unending Resolve
    The damage reduction of Unending Resolve is reduced by 20%, but the cooldown is reduced by 60 sec.

That UE glyph is pretty cool if it's legit - esp with the Haunt changes. An Aura mastery for every DS is nifty.

The havoc glyph would be pretty good for RBGs, allowing you to throw 2 DS/trinket-buffed Chaos Bolts on 2 targets back-to-back. The UR glyph isn't half bad either, since it basically makes UR a 2 min cd which will line it up with popping DS + trinket burst in arenas.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-10 at 02:11 AM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    They are the new "Arena-glyph-set-for-detrolocks"

10+ Year Old Account
    The UR glyph is going to be very risky to use though. While it's nice being able to line it up with DS every 2 minutes, if you are still going to get stopped from casting, it means you are screwed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

Glyph of Havoc

The damage reduction of Unending Resolve is reduced by 20%, but the cooldown is reduced by 60 sec.
    Havoc glyph will be situational. Could be great for fights where you can havoc cleave every 60 seconds, but not every 25. That said, you have to spend all 6 charges on one mob (can't swap around Havoc from target to target) so that has it's own drawbacks.

CoE glyph is pretty nice for fights like horridon where an AoE CoE for destro could have the ember better spent elsewhere. Hopefully this prioritizes targets that aren't already CoE'd.

UR glyph can be nice depending on the fight. It'd be better to have a 20% reduced UR for every other dire call on Horridon than slightly more reduction but only every 3rd. (For example)

I like where blizzard is going with Glyphs with these most recent ones for all the specs. The warrior Heroic Throw glyph is especially interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The UR glyph is going to be very risky to use though. While it's nice being able to line it up with DS every 2 minutes, if you are still going to get stopped from casting, it means you are screwed big time.
    Very true. I would still recommend beginning a burst situation with as many targets CC'd as possible, but this at least alleviates some of the problem with CB chaincasting/MG + Haunt spamming during burst situations. I think it's especially nice for Affli where you can pop CDs, spam Haunt (shards willing), gain max distance from the target via KJC while spamming MG, and then popping UR for a little more MG/Haunt (procs willing) casting once you're being pressured again. I'm actually kind of interested to see if there will be QQ over locks pillar humping - casting MG then ducking behind a pillar. People were quite disgruntled with Mana Drain being able to do the same thing except in reverse since we couldn't cast on the move back then. Granted Mana Drain was much more potent relative to the metagame of the time than MG is currently.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-10 at 05:28 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

Glyph of Havoc

PvP wise:

Glyph of havoc: Probably going to be a need to have glyph for RBG's.

Glyph of Curse of elements: Useless, not worth the slot in rated arena

Glyph of unending resolve: Might be usable VS caster teams but against cleaves it's going to be useless.

UR at 2 mins vs 3 mins is still just a big fat "come stun me" sign. Every stun in the game is still far shorter CD so you are going to be CC'd through it by any team of decent MMR. I think that UR glyph needs a caveat of either reduced CD when stunned/silenced/etc or to have a totemic restoration thing for being CC'd while its up. That or even try a pillar of frost glyph treatment for it... I'd prefer a 15% reduced dmg cooldown on a 60 sec timer but this is a start...at least they are looking at things. Having UR acting as our casting protection as well isn't necessarily so great. I feel like those two jobs might be better separated eventually. 15%/60 sec is also not out of line whatsoever (even 20/60) considering how squishy locks are in pvp. Its also in keeping with more active defenses, less passive ones.

Havoc will be situational though if you plan on dumping 2x chaosbolts per target doing it on the longer CD with CD's is probably stronger. Its obviously weaker in terms of ember generation spell cleave. PVP its going to be weaker since you can almost guarantee a dispel of havoc.

CoE is interesting and gives destro some nice utility. As was mentioned I hope its a smart glyph in that it prefers non CoE'd targets. Probably not an arena thing but pve utility is nice for a fast swap to a group of adds. Ideally this glyph will eventually also work for enfeeblement...

Deleted
    Good glyphs for pve cleaveges, but from an arena pov nothing too helpful. UR is nice, but just nice is as far as it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    the havoc could be useful in pvp and on certain bosses that need burst cleave.

i feel the curse of the elements glyph is slightly useless since all specs already have the ability to spread it.

the UR glyph seems lame since its just barkskin with a minute longer cd. feels more beneficial just not using this glyph /shrug. though the no interrupt could be pretty nice in pvp