Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Court case? At least a court case has a reason. The white riots that have started have either been school riots (which includes all races though mostly white) and racist whites (klan, nazi) which honestly is worse than people rioting over perceived injustice.
    So a ruling from the Judicial Branch (ie, the courts) results in more perceived injustice than no court case, and is thus more justified? I guess civilization hasn't come as far as we like to think it has.

As for the question, the reason people think (members of) the black community will riot is because a) people remember Rodney King, b) the media turned the case into a hunt for blood, and c) there have been tons of posts on twitter and other social media calling for blood/riots if he goes free. Sure, I don't expect every one of those posts to be sincere, but their existence does lend credence to the likelihood of riots if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I made a thread to question the often thinly veiled racism I see on this forum.

You're being rude over a question I answered politely, what the fuck is your issue?
    Again, you made a thread with an attention grabbing title to provoke forum fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    It seems to me that riots tend to take place among populations that feel angry about something. Race seems to be a variable about which some groups become angry, but race is not the sole 'cause' of any particular riot (IE "I'm rioting because I'm 'Race X' and that's what we do."). For example, I would call Occupy Wall Street a "Slow Motion Riot", and it was mostly a bunch of stupid white people. But they weren't protesting because they were white.

The "white" hispanics will riot if Zimmerman is convicted.

I'm not sure if there are other people in that group other then GZ, but the media said it's a thing so it must be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    People say all sorts of shit on twitter all the time. Why are we giving credence to these particular tweets?
    Well for starters a boy in texas has a 500k bail and is facing 8 years for a random threat, meanwhile these people are specifically targeting zimmerman with death threats and threats of senseless violence and of course rioting. If we live in a world where we need to take the threats of one teenage boy that serious then we should definitely take these threats serious.

People are already at their wit's end. Mass riots could be the trigger into something much more chaotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Again, you made a thread with an attention grabbing title to provoke forum fights.
    I think the title is appropriate. It summarized the topic well enough to get going. Maybe you are reading more into it than I am.

I think the title is appropriate. It summarized the topic well enough to get going. Maybe you are reading more into it than I am.
    Blacks, rioting and the zimmerman trial is a trifecta for a thread rife with controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    or he pulled a conversation that was shitting up a different thread into it's own topic, where it should have been. granted, his OP kind of sucked
    As nice as that would have been, it's not like by making another topic about a fight that's going on in another post stops the fighting in the first post, it just means now there are 2 different posts fighting about the same thing. There was 0 effort into stopping the arguing from the first thread, I mean how could you? "hey everyone I noticed this is getting really off topic I made a new spot for you to argue please do it over there?", that may have helped.

The OP needs to stop trying to create racism simply because race is mentioned.

We're talking about a racially charged case, the victim of which was a black male. Talking about what members of his racial group might do, based on historical evidence in similar cases, is not racist.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up in Palm Beach, Florida on the island. I've seen riots first hand back in the 70's and 80's. The riots were localized to predominately black communities, they destroyed their own business, homes and property and hurt one another. The police at one point in the 80's riots, blocked the highway on/off ramps going into Delray Beach, FL. so that the black community or sections where the on/off ramps were near wouldn't attack people.

As to the why people feel the need to do this? I haven't the slightest clue other than speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well for starters a boy in texas has a 500k bail and is facing 8 years for a random threat, meanwhile these people are specifically targeting zimmerman with death threats and threats of senseless violence and of course rioting. If we live in a world where we need to take the threats of one teenage boy that serious then we should definitely take these threats serious.
    I think the secret is to have a Canadian woman notify the police department where the person making the threats lives. Apparently Canadians can cut right through internet sarcasm barriers and are able to detect whether a statement is serious.

i thought the title was fine, but the OP had a "wtf racist white people" tone imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

The topic in discussion which was driving the zimmerman topic off topic dealt with blacks, rioting and the zimmerman trial. You'd have to really reach to see that as sensationalizing. "oh my god he posted the 3 main topics of the discussion!!!! He's trying to upset people."seriously?

As nice as that would have been, it's not like by making another topic about a fight that's going on in another post stops the fighting in the first post, it just means now there are 2 different posts fighting about the same thing. There was 0 effort into stopping the arguing from the first thread, I mean how could you? "hey everyone I noticed this is getting really off topic I made a new spot for you to argue please do it over there?", that may have helped.
    agree, but the debate has pretty much settled over here now
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

People were infracted and banned in the other thread for leading the topic off topic with that discussion. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i thought the title was fine, but the OP had a "wtf racist white people" tone imo
    Well that's who I am interested to hear from. The forum is in no short supply of it.

Well that's who I am interested to hear from. The forum is in no short supply of it.
    i get it, but i think you're capable of better
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The OP needs to stop trying to create racism simply because race is mentioned.

We're talking about a racially charged case, the victim of which was a black male. Talking about what members of his racial group might do, based on historical evidence in similar cases, is not racist.
    Black haven't rioted over every big media ordeal that dealt with a similar case (or worse).

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    I think the secret is to have a Canadian woman notify the police department where the person making the threats lives. Apparently Canadians can cut right through internet sarcasm barriers and are able to detect whether a statement is serious.
    You may be on to something.
    I think our neighbors to the north have developed the first internet text sarcasm discombobulator.

- - - Updated - - -

Black haven't rioted over every big media ordeal that dealt with a similar case (or worse).
    A few riots, all african american.

1980: Miami Riots (Miami, Florida)
    1980: Chattanooga Riot (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
    1984: Lawrence, Massachusetts Race Riot: A small scale riot centered at the intersection of Haverhill and railroad streets between working class whites and Hispanics; several buildings were destroyed by Molotov cocktails; August 8, 1984.[52]
    1989: Overtown Riot (Miami, FL) In a reaction to the shooting of a black motorcyclist by a Hispanic police officer in the predominately black community of Overtown in Miami, residents rioted for two nights. The officer was later found guilty of manslaughter.
    1991: Crown Heights riot (Crown Heights neighborhood, Brooklyn, New York City)
    1992: Los Angeles Riots (Los Angeles, California): In a reaction to the acquittal of all four LAPD officers involved in the videotaped beating of Rodney King and the murder of Latasha Harlins; riots broke out mainly involving black youths in the black neighborhoods and shop owners in Korean neighborhoods, but overall rioting was mainly to get out the frustrations of the racial groups over the racial tensions that were building in the South Central neighborhood for years[citation needed].
    1996: St. Petersburg Riots (St. Petersburg, Florida): After Officer Jim Knight stopped 18 yr. old Tyron Lewis for speeding, his car lurched forward causing Knight to fire his weapon, fatally wounding the black teenager. Riots broke out and lasted for about 2 days.[citation needed]
    2001: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio): In a reaction to the acquittal of Steven Roach after the fatal shooting of an unarmed young black male, Timothy Thomas, during a foot pursuit, riots broke out over the span of a few days.
    2003: Benton Harbor riots (Benton Harbor, Michigan)
    2005: 2005 Toledo Riot (Toledo, Ohio): A race riot that broke out after the Neo-Nazi protest marched through a black neighborhood.
    2006: Fontana High School riot (Fontana, California): Riot involving about 500 Latino and black students[53]
    2006: Prison Race Riots (California): A war between Latino and black prison gangs set off a series of riots across California[54][55]
    2008: Locke High School riot[56] (Los Angeles, California)
    2009: 2009 Oakland Riots (Oakland, California): Peaceful protests turned into rioting after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, Oscar Grant, by a BART transit policeman.

So, they have to riot over everything in order to be accused of rioting? I don't see the point.

Blacks have rioted over racially charged cases and situations before, so suggesting they might again is in no way racist.