What do you think we are missing?

Seems fairy balanced, I personally would love to see (be this 2014 expansion or the next one) some ranged class, possible ranged / healer combo.
    Definitely not another tank / melee, since WoW was released we received 1 healer spec, 3 melee specs and 2 tanking specs. (unless you want to count DK as 3 tank/melee specs, but I guess it's no longer the case)

I would argue a bit. I don't think you should seperate for example the three hunter specs. Because someone who plays a hunter almost always choosing the best pve / pvp spec to play. It's the same for rogues, locks, dps warrios, rogues, healer priests and mages. So I think the breakdown would rather be:
    Melee --- 7 specs --- 7 classes
    Ranged -- 6 specs --- 6 classes
    Healer --- 5 specs --- 5 classes
    Tank ---- 5 specs --- 5 classes

According to this there's a perfect spot for a ranged - healer class, maybe with tank spec as 3rd[*]. That would make 7 - 7 -6 - 6 specs respectively.

* maybe because I don't think there's a need for a 6th tank spec. For LFR we already have too much tanks, and they don't needed for scenarios (which are starting to replace dungeons where we still have tank shortage). I would prefer a 2 ranged - 1 healer spec class, because most of the time ranged are preferable to melees.

Then you should also include dps DK to your list, if dps warriors are there.
    Would be fun if they introduced new class with 0 specs, and then you can learn specs from others (well maybe idea for another game) but having resto shaman / feral druid / frost mage in one character sounds insane! (for example)
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-07-10 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    im guessing no new class/race for next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    im guessing no new class/race for next expansion
    yeah, me 2, sadly

There's always a shortage of healers and tanks. Blizzard is well aware of that. So like Monks, I expect any new class to have Heal/Tank/DPS specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the shortage because of classes and specs available?Imo it is more about players not willing to tank and heal as much as they are willing to dps.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Yep blue said it some time ago, that offering new tanks doesn't solve the problem, which was the case with DK or Monks (can't remember).
    I'm not an expert blue finder, but I'm sure someone could dig it up if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Yep blue said it some time ago, that offering new tanks doesn't solve the problem, which was the case with DK or Monks (can't remember).
    I'm not an expert blue finder, but I'm sure someone could dig it up if needed.
    True as that may be, adding another pure DPS class would make things even worse.

Looks like we need more Demon Hunter