Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It hurts companies to show me ads I never click on anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweet this View Post
    Adds?

Didnt know we were talking Bout a mental health disorder
    what does adds stand for mental health wise?

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    this is the best answer i have ever seen.

i wanted to post something simmilar, but thought i might get infracted.
    you're welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as commercials:
    - pop in the middle of my screen
    - play music / any annoying sound at all
    - are fckin 10x louder than stream/video im watching
    my addblock isnt going anywhere, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    according to wikipedia ADHD is sometimes shortened to ADD
    dragonmaw - EU

Ahhh Duurr Duuurrr Syndrome

I truly don't know, please don't get mad if anyone does have whatever it is.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...let me get this straight. You want me to feel sorry for someone who sits on their duff all day talking about video games while I go to work and bust my ass off doing physical labor? You wish!

Fuck ads, fuck corporations who spam you constantly with their advertising, all the while the average 40 hour a week working man struggles to maintain a living while they want us to spend spend spend. Most of these streamers probably live in their parents, don't pay rent and leech off their parents all the while they think they are entitled to something they don't have to put any actual effort into.

http://www.adds.com/

closest thing I could find, lol.

towlie? hes a streamer right? then he likely isnt making any money off ads, more likely all his subs and donations.
    Yea it just made me laugh that the OP wants me to feel sorry for some guy who cant make $50k a year playing games. If it's not enough for you then here is a tip; get a real job that pays better.

Streamers should be enthusiasts, some lucky enough to make extra cash/live off their popularity but most are trash and should be looking at doing it for no reason other than personal enjoyment.

Deleted
    I don't want to be told how to use Cillit fucking Bang for the hundredth time. Installing Adblock made the Internet so peaceful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Yea it just made me laugh that the OP wants me to feel sorry for some guy who cant make $50k a year playing games. If it's not enough for you then here is a tip; get a real job that pays better.

Streamers should be enthusiasts, some lucky enough to make extra cash/live off their popularity but most are trash and should be looking at doing it for no reason other than personal enjoyment.
    Actually he probably makes 2k5+ a month with subs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i have three words for you: MALWARE/VIRUSES/TROJANS. until companies vet their ads better adblock shall remain.
    More-so if companies didn't plaster ads on their site. I'm fine with ads being displayed if you give a way to get rid of the ads (small subscription or something) otherwise, AdBlockPlus forever.

Deleted
    according to wikipedia ADHD is sometimes shortened to ADD
    still missing an "S", I was replying to a guy that made a new alt today after his main was banned today also, he is not fooling anybody. On his best day, and on my worst day at my drunkest, I will always be a step ahead of http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/983508-Tara-senko

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You aren't getting viruses from there being ads on a website, the hell are you talking about?
    Can't laugh harder. Because it never happens that bad ads get into a rotation on an otherwise totally legitimate website. NEVER EVER.
    Anyways I have money and can donate shit if I want to support stuff so I keep adblock on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free market bitchez deal with it

OT: Seriously, this is the free market. I don't want to be subject to the advertisements of companies I don't care about. If I want to buy something, I'll do my own research

And another thread where we are going to be ignored when we bring up very good reasons for using it.
    When ads are not intrusive, do not interfere with the content, are not resource hogs, then we will not be using blockers.
    If I could not use adblock, then I would be very much more picky which which services I use based on the experience provided.
    Ads are a huge part of that, and when ads harm that experience then I am well within my right to do something about that.
    And without a blocker that would be going to another service.

In the end it requires the service being funded by the ads to get on to the provider, to either make them deal with their bad practices, or find another ad host.
    Ads which pop-up or down, auto-play video or sound, take longer to load than the rest of the content, masquerade as generic download links on a page where you actually want to download something, etc all being examples of what simply should not be allowed.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-11 at 01:10 AM.

towlie? hes a streamer right? then he likely isnt making any money off ads, more likely all his subs and donations.
    Towellee, can't stand the dude. Rude as hell, disgusting as shit.

I get what you guys are saying about the intrusiveness of advertisements on screen and I'd have to agree.

However, I did mention this in my video in which I said that companies and websites are now starting to Hard Code blocking the addon. So in other words the website or video you are trying to view/watch will not let you unless you turn off AdBlock. You will get a little message that says please turn it off before you continue. I'm sure other websites are going to start to follow suit until the AdBlock is basically useless.

Also as a side note, I've never gotten malware or a virus from an advertisement.

10+ Year Old Account
    still missing an "S", I was replying to a guy that made a new alt today after his main was banned today also, he is not fooling anybody. On his best day, and on my worst day at my drunkest, I will always be a step ahead of http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/983508-Tara-senko
    oh i see, his post history is great, he really doesn't like you.
    dragonmaw - EU