Night Elves, Shadowmeld and it's uses as a Rogue (PvP)

It's essentially a second vanish. I can think of two ways of using it this racial as a Rogue.

Shadowmeld doesn't trigger Subterfuge. However, you can instantly Stealth after Shadowmelding (since it puts you OoC immediately), triggering Subterfuge.
    Shadowmeld allows you to use your stealth openers. With Cloak and Dagger, you can Shadowmeld+Garrote/Ambush/Cheap Shot instantly, teleporting you behind your target. Essentially, you can teleport in PvP midfight without using Vanish or Shadow Dance.
    Same as above, except for triggering Find Weakness without using Vanish or Shadow Dance.

Night Elves make great Rogues IMO and Shadowmeld is a great racial ability for Rogues and opens up new possibilities.

Thoughts and what other uses there might be for Shadowmeld? (please refrain yourself from saying "Human > all for the Alliance", this is NOT what this thread is about. Thank you).
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Congratulations on figuring out what everyone else already knew for years!

Infracted: trolling/flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-07-10 at 10:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh nelves are a viable alternative to humans for pvp. and they're prettier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    what he said

Infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-07-10 at 10:48 PM.

Your a rogue, your on the alliance, roll a human for pvp, tyty.

Not everyone is as smart as you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    yeh nelves are a viable alternative to humans for pvp. and they're prettier
    Yes, they are. I personally hate the human animations.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

I did not know what Shadowmeld also instantly enabled stealth in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    because it dosn't what it does it drops you out of combat and u can enable stealth if u;re quick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Your a rogue, your on the alliance, roll a human for pvp, tyty.
    Please actually read the post before replying. This just isn't conducive to discussion.

Beyond that, there have been some interesting discussions here previously about the power of shadowmeld vs. an extra trinket - Therm, I'd recommend doing a search for "shadowmeld pvp" or "nelf night elf human pvp" in the rogue forum - there should be some interesting results on the topic. Gnabbing an extra get-out-of-combat button, another stun, or another silence can be pretty quality, so I'm told. If you abhor humans regardless of racial ability power, Nelf's definitely the way to go.

It became even more amazing with Subterfuge, and then when Cloak and Dagger was a thing. I was able to constantly get that extra restealth off for mass CC or some extra burst. I think it really upset people in duels. They would always be like "wow, you used prep??" and I would be like "uh, no. That was Shadowmeld."

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Actually, there are times when shadowmeld does NOT drop combat. Regardless of the combat drop, I definitely suggest macroing meld + opener macros.

Because of the lack of reliability of the combat drop, I wouldn't recommend hoping it will work as such at all times.

It is definitely good. It also helps sub in pve a bit too.

My favorite opener combo as nelf assassination is Garrote --> snd --> CS --> envenom --> mut (if you can get it off before CS ends) --> shadowmeld + restealth. Then wait for DR's to come back again and if they can't heal themselves they're already sitting at 80% or lower hp and you have a 20s snd up and maybe 2-3 cp built up. Then reopen.