Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    So if two drunk people fling themselves onto each other, the guy only has himself to blame if he gets reported for rape? Haven't we been through this before?
    Are you changing the situation now or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Or guys could not be that stupid to think that being drunk to the point you're not really aware of what's going on or unable to fend them off = Consent. It's not consent.
    That is the scenario, it's all on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It's some ridiculous notion that men in general support and/or condone rape either implicitly or explicitly.

Here's a handy list if you're unsure about your own personal beliefs.

So according to that list... yep... every man is a rape supporter. At least straight men.

In short... "rape culture" is not a term to be taken seriously.
    Good list, very handy. My favorite is: He has gone to a strip club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    If you drive under the influence, it is without question your fault. If you get drunk and have a one night stand, it is without question your fault.

Just because you have to go back to your boyfriend with your tail between your legs doesn't give you an excuse to pretend like you were raped. Don't listen to all the femi-nazi brainwashing.

Women bitch incessantly about wanting to be treated equally whilst operating on a myriad of double standards. I've gotten really drunk and slept with a fat girl, you don't see me crying rape over it.
    I have little 6 yr old cousins who have a mother who behaves exactly like this. It's disgusting. She doesn't see it, but she's effectively training her son to feel inferior to women.

In all her attempts to treat them equally, she fails miserably when she espouses things like "Ladies first" and forces her son to wait for girls to do anything before he gets his turn. Meanwhile her daughter is turning into the opposite, thinking she gets to do everything first just because she's a girl... even if her brother was ahead in line or had the idea first. And that's far from the extent of the problem. Guess who gets in more trouble for hitting and who doesn't... Of COURSE the boy does.

Feminists usually don't recognize the pendulum is swinging too far the other way... many don't even recognize that it's possible to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to be passed out. I've been drunk to the point I've been unable to make myself understood yet been awake, unable to actually react properly but still awake. Should someone be free to just have intercourse with me in such a state, because I'm not passed out?
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the state that women get to when they've had so many drinks their decision making and inhibitions are both hindered, and they consent to sex and then regret it the next day.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Can I get this on a t-shirt?
    __

This thread really brought out the rape apologists, you victim blame the inexperienced and the helpless. Shame on you.
    did i "rape apologize"? no i didn't. rape is sick, whether the person put their self in a vulnerable position or not. the "inexperienced and the helpless"? you don't have to have experience with alcohol to know what it does to you. if you consume too much, you become a fucking retarded vegetable. it is a self imposed state, unless you're force fed the alcohol.

My belief on the drunk thing is "If they're able to walk and/or talk coherently, they can consent". If they're passed out or completely incoherent and falling all over the place, they can't.

Anyway, first of the Don't be that girl posters is ridiculous because it's such an over-generalization. Poster 2 is ridiculous because I'd imagine legitimate rape would outnumber the people who regretted a one night stand by at least 10 to 1.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Then they've got themselves to blame if they get reported for rape.
    How do you figure that? Going on that logic the woman has only herself to blame if someone has sex with her then, If they are both drunk as fuck, the man has no blame if the woman cries rape, because they were both impaired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How do you figure that? Going on that logic the woman has only herself to blame if someone has sex with her then, If they are both drunk as fuck, the man has no blame if the woman cries rape, because they were both impaired
    Or guys could not be that stupid to think that being drunk to the point you're not really aware of what's going on or unable to fend them off = Consent. It's not consent.
    Did you even read about the situation described to which that was a response to? It's on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the state that women get to when they've had so many drinks their decision making and inhibitions are both hindered, and they consent to sex and then regret it the next day.
    Just regretting it does not make it rape though. If so, I could've reported lots of guys but I'm not stupid enough to do that, it was a bad decision while being drunk and something I regretted and felt bad over the next day but it's still not rape just because of that.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-11 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who uses the term "rape culture" automatically invalidates their argument.

Anyway, I'm usually one of the first out for blood when there is a rape involved. Rape is one of the most heinous crimes you can commit, and deserves to be punished by being beaten within an inch of your life.

That being said, the lot of you trying to claim that false rape-accusations aren't a problem also deserve to be beaten within an inch of your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    did i "rape apologize"? no i didn't. rape is sick, whether the person put their self in a vulnerable position or not. the "inexperienced and the helpless"? you don't have to have experience with alcohol to know what it does to you. if you consume too much, you become a fucking retarded vegetable. it is a self imposed state, unless you're force fed the alcohol.
    You did, you shifted some of the blame from the victim.
    __

Naivety is what I'm accusing you of disregarding as well, as it's not the fault of the person, it's a trait and behavioral compulsion.

Deleted
    If ur both shitfaced its nobodies fault as you were stupid enough to get to that stage.

If the man or woman isn't drunk then its a different matter.

Deleted
    Just posting this to remind people; Stick to the issue at hand - Ergo, stop trying to justify rape on those with impaired judgement - and those who are unconscious.

Some of the thought processes here are laudable in there ignorance, if she's wasted - she deserves some sicko to rape her - durr.

Dat victim blaming attitude.
    Even victims need to take some responsibility for their actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    In the US, if a man and a woman are both drunk and have sex, then legally it will be considered rape, because the woman was unable to consent. Even though the man was just as drunk and arguably unable to consent, that doesn't matter. Legally it was only the woman who was raped.
    It's stupid, it's a double standard, and that's the rationale behind the first poster.

It should have been explained better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Anyone who uses the term "rape culture" automatically invalidates their argument.

Anyway, I'm usually one of the first out for blood when there is a rape involved. Rape is one of the most heinous crimes you can commit, and deserves to be punished by being beaten within an inch of your life.

That being said, the lot of you trying to claim that false rape-accusations aren't a problem also deserve to be beaten within an inch of your lives.
    They are a problem but not nearly to the extent that ACTUAL RAPE IS.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read about the situation described to which that was a response to? It's on the guy.
    No, you directly quoted, and responded to a poster who mentioned in the scenario that both people are not in a rational state of mind, and in that scenario they are both to blame, trying to throw blame on the guy shows you either didn't understand what you're quoting, or you're so delusional it's not worth trying to talk to you.

Are you changing the situation now or something?

That is the scenario, it's all on the guy.
    I have a question. There have been a couple times in my life I've been really drunk. Like REALLY GODDAMN DRUNK. Like "Half a bottle of bacardi and 2 long island iced teas... holy shit I may need to go to the hospital" drunk. At no point have I ever been completely unaware of what was going on to the point where someone could start making out with me and I wouldn't recognize it.

I suppose my question is "Are you main-lining Everclear to get that drunk?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Good list, very handy. My favorite is: He has gone to a strip club.
    This whole "rape culture"-thing would actually be pretty hilarious. If less people would really believe this idiocy.
    Now it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Immorality View Post
    I didn't say that I condone rape. I said people shouldn't drink so that they can be in total control of what their choices are. Even a fully cognizant person can simply be overpowered and raped and that rapist should face the full extent of justice. I just don't agree with people who lower their defenses enough to get preyed upon by the immoral men out there that would take advantage of the situation. Alcohol only causes problems and pain.
    So men can get as plastered as they want, women can't? You know how hypocritical that is?

Women shouldn't walk alone at night because they may be raped. Men fear a mugging at beast.
    Women shouldn't get drunk, as they may very well get raped. Men fear a dick drawn on his forehead. And a hangover, maybe.
    Women can't dress too provocatively, otherwise she may be raped (this one is pure BS too). Men have no such concerns.
    Women go to the bathroom in packs not only for talks, but also protection.
    They walk in packs generally for that reason.

Why do you think this is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    They are a problem but not nearly to the extent that ACTUAL RAPE IS.
    Congrats! You now get the pleasure of trying to locate the post where I claimed that rape isn't a problem!

Alternatively, I would accept an apology for this blatant and unwarranted attack.