Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

God, Guns, and Automobiles

History channel fails in all accounts with this series. Hate the fact that these hick dinosaurs are still wringling around in american nostalgia. Idiocy permeates all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDI96WOTlX8

ROFL heats his house with wood....what a douche. I hope he gets arrested for crossing the red light.

Do americans really act this way? (Canadian speaking here)

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to General Off-Topic

Deleted
    They really like reinforcing the stereotype don't they?

Remember when History channel used to show.. I don't know.. History? WW1 WW2, Civil War, Universe stuff, yeesh. I can't watch History anymore, what with "Pawn Stars" being on for 15 hours a freaking day.

This show won't last more than 1 season. Seriously. I hope it doesn't. Please god let the pilot episode fail and nothing else appears.

Aveline's amazing work!

MTV - No longer plays music
    TLC - No longer educational programming, now Honey Boo Boo
    Animal Planet - Now has non-animal shows like Treehouse Masters, and Hillbilly mud wrestling

So now the History Channel has this... mess. Why does it not shock me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought they were going somewhere when they started showing Vikings and even The Bible series wasnt too bad, but this and swamp people and ce road truckers makes me wanna shove a shovel up their ass. The History channel has truly become the redneck channel
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody please sue the "History channel" for false advertising? They seem to have stopped doing anything relating to actual history some time ago.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    History channel fails in all accounts with this series. Hate the fact that these hick dinosaurs are still wringling around in american nostalgia. Idiocy permeates all.

ROFL heats his house with wood....what a douche. I hope he gets arrested for crossing the red light.

"History" channel.

A petty and pathetic excuse for TV.

Deleted
    What's wrong with heating your house with wood?

How does heating your home with a wood burning stove make someone a douche? If you can legally own one it's generally cheaper than running gas or electric and I believe it's better for the environment(wood being renewable and all).

And no we're not all like that.

History Channel is really going the same way MTV did.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    You have to watch the pilot's first 5 min, and hear his rational for heating his house. Wood is fine, but is it environmentally friendly compared to coal and oil....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    How does heating your home with a wood burning stove make someone a douche? If you can legally own one it's generally cheaper than running gas or electric and I believe it's better for the environment(wood being renewable and all).

And no we're not all like that.
    Burning wood releases carbon dioxide just like fossil fuels do....

Plus you chop down trees to get that wood, meaning that less CO2 is taken in from the atmosphere, so no, burning wood isn't good for the environment.

Deleted

The fact that you're getting so upset about this is funny (altho it's kinda stupid that it doesn't have anything to do with History)

The evil CO2 !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    First off what is wrong with heating you home with wood heat.If you have the ability to cut your own wood it is the cheapest form of heating there is.Second i guess after watching Doug and Bob Mckenize i can assume all canadians act like them a couple of beer swilling morons.It is just a TV show nothing more if you don't like it just don't watch it.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Deleted
    This is why I never watch American tv, its crap with annoying hillibilly accents wrapped around in cheap special effects. Drowned in advertising.

Deleted
    Smoke Monster. Then M Night Shyamalam appears because he was the smoke monster all along...

I think that this will be big for two reasons:
    1) "Conservatives" will love it, since this emphasizes at least 2 things that they constantly thump their chest over (guns/god)
    2) "Liberals" will laugh at it because they feel it's beneath them and they'll watch it in the manner that someone watches those trainwreck shows like Toddlers and Tiaras

Someone else said it best: seems like "History" channel is going the way of MTV. I blame the idiot, ignorant masses that watch these shit shows and end up funding the bills via advertising/cable subs. If intelligent people were watching the actual history shows, that's what we'd keep seeing...but Americans want drama, faux-reality and something on tv that makes them forget about the hell that is their daily life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    The fact that you're getting so upset about this is funny (altho it's kinda stupid that it doesn't have anything to do with History)

The evil CO2 !!!
    Not upset at all, more flabergasted at how stupid TV is in the states. I mean come on...."God, Guns, and Automobiles". Whats funny are these hick idiots.

Canadians have Newfoundlanders to make fun of, while hicks permeate the entire US in small communities, which realistically are a very small minority. To have this show on in order to support republican/conservative ideals is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched anything on the History Channel since it became the Hitler Channel which was years before it started doing this garbage.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.